Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daemonqueller
Aug 16, 2004

Razor Jacksuit posted:

Just her dad, nbd.

I actually remember really liking the scene where she meets the Butcher again after leaving him to die. She's still full of all this rage and shame and he barely knows who she is.

Was this in the Butcher novella?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Daemonqueller posted:

That's such a good novella. The way it makes him sympathetic and human while also being a seven-foot tall, psychopathic murder wizard is impressive as hell.

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Are you saying I'm a sinner?

My game store is starting up a journeyman league in August and with all the Trollbloods hype, I'm ready to paint again.

The 2017 JML rules are a lot more friendly now, going from 0 to 15 to 30, instead of 0 -> 10. With Ragnor, I'm thinking of adding a Mauler, but once I get to 30 points there is a weird gap. With min stone + UA I'm at 24 points. Do I go in PoD and grab a free solo and another 4 point solo, or stay out of theme and try to work with 6 points? Trolls don't have any 2 point options, really.

And is it worth it sticking with Ragnor the whole way? I really like Borka1 and Roll and if they make it out of CID by the time I can swap in JML that'd be pretty nice.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So a Skorne mirror match can be hilarious. It also can be a slog.

Don't mind the Exaulted court proxies on the left. I left two immortals at home and needed proxies.

Zaal2 beats Mordikaar after the grindiest of games. Immortals assassinate Mordikaar after basically tabling the opposing army. People complain about Zaal2 being boring to play but I really do enjoy him. I think part of what makes him so good is not reflected in stats. In having your opponent have to roll so many dice, it's easy for them to get tilted off a few bad rolls.

Also, I thought the tournament I registered for next month is masters, not a regular steamroller. I am gonna get stomped so I gotta come up with a better second list. Don't think Makeda3 fun list is gonna fly there.

waah fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jul 21, 2017

Razor Jacksuit
Mar 31, 2007

VEES RULE #1

Daemonqueller posted:

One of the anthology books. Colossals, maybe? I need to figure out where I put those. With the announcement of Barnabas2 I want to re-read the big 3-way battle between trolls, pigs, and gators.

Razor Jacksuit fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jul 21, 2017

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Razor Jacksuit posted:

One of the anthology books. Colossals, maybe? I need to figure out where I put those. With the announcement of Caliban2 I want to re-read the big 3-way battle between trolls, pigs, and gators.

You mean Barnabas2 or did they also announce Caliban2? I heard Carver2 is in the pipes.

Razor Jacksuit
Mar 31, 2007

VEES RULE #1

Archenteron posted:

You mean Barnabas2 or did they also announce Caliban2? I heard Carver2 is in the pipes.

Whoops yeah Barnabas. Got my gators mixed up!

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Apparently Dark Host trounces Wurmwood. Granted, dice were a bit on my side (rolled 3 hard 8s in a row to kill a pureblood while he missed multiple boosted 6s and 7s). I asked to get a game into him because he is such an issue for ghost fleet and oh my is it nasty. Thanks for giving my dudes stealth with your feat. It became pretty evident that I was deeply advantaged but we played it out. I had to kill a bunch of my own models in order to get guys to feat back. It was crushing to watch multiple hellmouths fail to kill anything but the mannikin he placed to hit the most of my stuff.

I had been apprehensive about dealing with WW and other casters with good RFP access, especially with 2 lists that RFP hurts a lot, but Gaspy2 Dark Host and Denny1 Ghost Fleet are super solid. Maybe to paint up my second Wraith Engine to try out the Brandrews list that won at lnl.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Barnabas and Carver are both going epic.

Barnabas is now a demi-god that walks around with his heart exposed from his chest.

Carver upgraded to manning a chariot pulled by razor boars.

Both are loving Metal as hell and I can't wait.

Excelsiortothemax fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 21, 2017

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Lore wise, where are Blindwater fighting around and those, considering Old Barny is apparently racking enough kills to become a demi-god?

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
So, how playable are Gators in MK3?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

LeSquide posted:

In theme they become Very Playable. Little bastards are a constant pain for the sorts of lists I like to run. People don't usually pack answers to lots of heavy infantry on the table and their beasts will scrap anything they touch.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I think getting rage was a huge improvement for them

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

waah posted:

Zaal2 beats Mordikaar after the grindiest of games. Immortals assassinate Mordikaar after basically tabling the opposing army. People complain about Zaal2 being boring to play but I really do enjoy him. I think part of what makes him so good is not reflected in stats. In having your opponent have to roll so many dice, it's easy for them to get tilted off a few bad rolls.

Zaal2 does really bring a gameplan that's very similar into most games when you're playing him, yes. But that's sort of true with whatever caster you choose who has a well defined list. It's even true of more general casters who have more general gameplans where you continue to play the same/similar lists with them over and over again. The only difference is if it's a gameplan that you find enjoyable or not. And a lot of Zaal2's gameplan is one where instead of you winning in a conventional sense, you let your opponent choke on his own dice, which can be very boring for you if it's not your thing.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

LeSquide posted:

I qualified for Masters at Texicon with them so I think they are pretty good! I lost in the first round to a nasty Kaelyssa list though.

In theme, the Posse is really good and will wreck plenty of stuff. They are a bit weak to shooting as ARM 16 can only hold up to so much but Snacking and 8 boxes does go a long way. Don't take Posse out of theme.

The casters are all pretty good. Rask, Maelok, and Calaban are all solid casters. Jaga is tricky to me since I think she is a bit 1-dimensional but others really like her so I think I may be just bad here. Barnabus seems a bit lackluster but his feat and Swamp Pit spell are really good. He is tank as well.

The Sacral Vault is silly good and well worth it point wise. Get one and enjoy. I can find a place for it in just about every list.

If you have anything specific, I think we have several gator players in the thread.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I'm thinking Jaga-Jaga will really shine with the Dracodile. I figure it's speed 5 so with +2 from Battle Host, +2 from Man-Eater, and Reach means 14 inches of threat. If you can add Lanyssa and hit with Hunters Mark that is 16 inch threat on a charge. Bog Trig Mist Speaker can give it eyeless sight so clouds can save what your murdering, and Ghostly let's you ignore terrain. Slap Rage on it and it becomes a nigh-unstoppable killing machine.

I am excited.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Excelsiortothemax posted:

I'm thinking Jaga-Jaga will really shine with the Dracodile. I figure it's speed 5 so with +2 from Battle Host, +2 from Man-Eater, and Reach means 14 inches of threat. If you can add Lanyssa and hit with Hunters Mark that is 16 inch threat on a charge. Bog Trig Mist Speaker can give it eyeless sight so clouds can save what your murdering, and Ghostly let's you ignore terrain. Slap Rage on it and it becomes a nigh-unstoppable killing machine.

I am excited.

There is so much cool Gator stuff coming down the pipeline. I cannot wait. The Dracodile, that Croc-Husk...thing, the new Barnabus, and all the solos.

Its a really good time to be into Gators, and minions in general really.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Crazy Ferret posted:

There is so much cool Gator stuff coming down the pipeline. I cannot wait. The Dracodile, that Croc-Husk...thing, the new Barnabus, and all the solos.

Its a really good time to be into Gators, and minions in general really.

Awww poo poo! TIme for me to start a Gator army and make it a diorama

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Crazy Ferret posted:

Its a really good time to be a Skorne player.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
I'm basically all-in on Skorne and Gators once this stuff starts dropping. Running Gators in Skorne was always one of my favorite thematic things to do and giving it the full Mk3 treatment is awesome. I'll happily run pure Gators too, I absolutely love all of the gator casters.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, you guys

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Fyrbrand posted:

Holy poo poo, you guys

Meat Mountain's back motherfuckerrrrrrrrrs

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That's interesting. I have a local guy who loves Madrak1, but they were doing it with lots of beasts and shooting to take advantage of the feat. This makes him more focused on melee, but I'd personally play it a bit more now. He's sort of like Makeda1 for Trolls, and she's been one of the casters I wanted to get some time in with after her revamp. Difference is that Makeda1's model is awful, and Madrak1 looks pretty good.

I also like the change to the theme that effectively gives warriors a nice hideout a bit up the table. I'm hoping this thing is a nice shot in the arm for Trolls, because I think they sort of need to have the Skorne treament.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Even Ground is really god dang gross.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

Jimmy Hats posted:

Even Ground is really god dang gross.

every model in your army gets to be +2 def/arm and knock down immune [as long as they stay within 10'' of your caster]. How many of the SR 2017 missions punish you for wanting to brick up and run your caster down the middle? Is keeping everything that close together viable?

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

OMG sriracha pudding! posted:

every model in your army gets to be +2 def/arm and knock down immune [as long as they stay within 10'' of your caster]. How many of the SR 2017 missions punish you for wanting to brick up and run your caster down the middle? Is keeping everything that close together viable?

It's a 20" bubble(+ his base size). That's big enough to keep most of your stuff contesting in just about any scenario without being too bunched up.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Fyrbrand posted:

Holy poo poo, you guys

Jesus Christ

The boys are back in loving town

They gave him his old solid ground back

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
LOOKS LIKE MEAT (MOUNTAIN)'S BACK ON THE MENU, BOYS

Zalabar
Feb 13, 2012

Yes, he would like fries with that, thank you.

Friendly Fire posted:

It's a 20" bubble(+ his base size). That's big enough to keep most of your stuff contesting in just about any scenario without being too bunched up.

Add in the Runebearer and it's a 24" bubble, unless they removed Arcane Repeater.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

But now how am I supposed to win with Cygnar? Haley or Caine? There is no hope

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012
I just moved from Chicago to Grand Blanc, MI. Is there any WMH presence around here that goons know of?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

S.J. posted:

But now how am I supposed to win with Cygnar? Haley or Caine? There is no hope

Lol play maddox dude

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Bmac32 posted:

I just moved from Chicago to Grand Blanc, MI. Is there any WMH presence around here that goons know of?

I live in Flint Township, so pretty close to you. For the longest time, Gamers Sanctuary was our main store in the area. We've all moved to BC Comix in Fenton. Depending where you are in GB, it's a 15-20 minute drive for you. Our main WMH day is tomorrow starting at noon if you're interested.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

Lol play maddox dude

Nah imma play Siege 2 and have the time of my life. Him and the Trencher theme have me more excited for Cygnar than I've been in a while.

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012

Fyrbrand posted:

I live in Flint Township, so pretty close to you. For the longest time, Gamers Sanctuary was our main store in the area. We've all moved to BC Comix in Fenton. Depending where you are in GB, it's a 15-20 minute drive for you. Our main WMH day is tomorrow starting at noon if you're interested.

Cool. I'll head out that way at some point. I mostly play watchmachine but I love hanging out and talking the hobby aspects.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Bmac32 posted:

Cool. I'll head out that way at some point. I mostly play watchmachine but I love hanging out and talking the hobby aspects.

We have several prolific painters and such too, so we've got you covered there too. I paint way more than I play anymore, myself. You should look for the MI Warmachine and Hordes group on Facebook, also.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
2 and 1 at a local steamroller today. Ghost Fleet still does work. Dark Host is amazing, but I need more practice with it. Highlight of the tourney was failing to kill a Troll Gun carriage with Tartarus, Darragh, a fully loaded Descecrator with multiple crit shreads, and 6 charging banes.

wut?

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Northkin stuff is cool and good you guys. And the stone change owns bones.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Fyrbrand posted:

Northkin stuff is cool and good you guys. And the stone change owns bones.

No you see CID is bad and dumb and PP is awful, meanwhile Guild Ball,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Siege 2's model and the Lieutenant Warcaster are fantastic and I can't wait for them