Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I played through Vanilla Destiny 1 and quit before the expansions, mostly because the whole thing was a skeleton of content. I've swore up and down that I'd never buy Destiny 2 because they're gonna do the same thing, and hey, they probably will. But I'm still gonna buy and play the drat thing for a month, because I loaded up the beta, changed the sensitivity to 8, and everything loving feels absolutely perf and I'm an MLG superstar and I can't understand why everyone isn't copying whatever acceleration code Light magic these bastards are using for their crap ultralite MMOFPS. I've played like 100 hours of loving paladins and cod and poo poo and nothing feels this accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's even more amazing when you consider that Bungie hasn't really changed the formula they hit upon SIXTEEN YEARS AGO and it's still never been successfully ripped off. The only big change for Destiny was adding ADS.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Crossposting from the recommendation thread:

Can anyone recommend a PS4 game for my wife. She's looking for a relaxing, chill experience. She's PMSing right now, so she doesn't want to think that much about anything and wants to just mindlessly enjoy a game. Some of her favorite games are Stardew Valley and Animal Crossing - so something preferably cute and chill. She was looking into Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles, but apparently that game is incredibly shallow/boring?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

Can anyone recommend a PS4 game for my wife. She's looking for a relaxing, chill experience. She's PMSing right now, so she doesn't want to think that much about anything and wants to just mindlessly enjoy a game. Some of her favorite games are Stardew Valley and Animal Crossing - so something preferably cute and chill. She was looking into Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles, but apparently that game is incredibly shallow/boring?

Journey

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

journey, flower (that's on ps4, right?), abzu

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

Flower, Flow, Sound Shapes, Abzu, Entwined

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Don't get Entwined. It's really bad. I'll add Hohokum to the list though

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

Don't get Entwined. It's really bad. I'll add Hohokum to the list though

I found it interesting and I got it for $10. It was worth the one play through for me.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Morby posted:

I found it interesting and I got it for $10. It was worth the one play through for me.

If you haven't played it, get Laserlife. It's the same game but done WAY better (it's certainly not low stress though)

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Manatee Cannon posted:

journey, flower (that's on ps4, right?), abzu

We had played Journey before and she while liked it but prefers longer, and slightly more engaging experiences. She ended up just downloading Yonder.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Hohokum is the best and most relaxing videogame in existence. Splendid soundtrack, too.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Insert name here posted:

Hey does anyone know anything about your PSN account not linking to youtube and how to fix it? Wanted to upload a dumb video but it just constantly loops and tells me to sign in to my google account. It was working fine a couple of months ago but suddenly it doesn't want to work now I guess?

This used to happen to me all the time until I figured out that I needed to clear my uploads. Is there still even a section for uploads? If so clear some of them and try again.

It's complete nonsense but it works

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Titanfall ruined me. Destiny 2 feels so slow. Cant play it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Real hurthling! posted:

That but also Doom. Faster, higher frame rate, and graphics look just as pretty to my eyes. Buying the first Destiny was a mistake and I think 2 would be as well.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I enjoyed Destiny 1 a lot. Mind that I got it during christmas sale and mostly did fireteam content and maybe 1 or 2 raids (and not endgame content). I may get Destiny 2, but not at launch looking at people's comments from Destiny's launch content.

But yes, Titanfall 2 ruined a lot of FPS for me (and Doom too!).

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Guillermus posted:

I enjoyed Destiny 1 a lot. Mind that I got it during christmas sale and mostly did fireteam content and maybe 1 or 2 raids (and not endgame content). I may get Destiny 2, but not at launch looking at people's comments from Destiny's launch content.

But yes, Titanfall 2 ruined a lot of FPS for me (and Doom too!).
Raids ARE endgame content. If you had people to raid with you were in a minority of players.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

veni veni veni posted:

This used to happen to me all the time until I figured out that I needed to clear my uploads. Is there still even a section for uploads? If so clear some of them and try again.

It's complete nonsense but it works
I actually read that solution too but I couldn't find a way to clear my notifications. Mind you I only checked for like 30s because at that point I was frustrated and spend the past hour or so trying to fix this so I probably just missed an obvious button somewhere.

Tgent
Sep 6, 2011
As someone who played quite a lot of Destiny I'm not impressed at all by the beta. I guess I just expected a lot more, it looks and feels like another dlc pack.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I'm sure glad PVP is 4v4 now so it's way quicker for me to start thinking that I'm the problem.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Has anyone else's share button recently gotten way laggier than usual? It used to be I could hit the share button and within a second to, save my video or take a screenshot. But now I have to wait like literally 10-30 seconds to be able to do either. Some I it never lets me do it and I just have to go back to playing the game. I wouldn't be surprised if it' sjust my psPoor showing its age, but I was wondering if anyone else was having the same issue...

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'm sure glad PVP is 4v4 now so it's way quicker for me to start thinking that I'm the problem.

Don't worry, it's got Skill Based Match Making so eventually you'll settle in somewhere nice. Until you get good and then you enter the bone zone.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Policenaut posted:

Don't worry, it's got Skill Based Match Making so eventually you'll settle in somewhere nice. Until you get good and then you enter the bone zone.

Problem is that I'd be largely playing with a friend who is one of those weirdoes that is instantly good at every video game, so..

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Snak posted:

Has anyone else's share button recently gotten way laggier than usual? It used to be I could hit the share button and within a second to, save my video or take a screenshot. But now I have to wait like literally 10-30 seconds to be able to do either. Some I it never lets me do it and I just have to go back to playing the game. I wouldn't be surprised if it' sjust my psPoor showing its age, but I was wondering if anyone else was having the same issue...
Yeah, it's been going on for a while for me. Huge delays, I even missed my Horizon plat screenshot because it hosed up.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Snak posted:

Mines improved if anything but yes I know exactly what you're talking about. It seems to get a little better on subsequent attempts, so maybe try holding share and letting it all load once right at the start of a round/play session would help? I've literally been intending to do this and then forgetting to do it until I encounter the same problem you're having for like a year.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

ufarn posted:

Yeah, it's been going on for a while for me. Huge delays, I even missed my Horizon plat screenshot because it hosed up.

Look at your gallery because the ps4 takes a screenshot whenever you earn a trophy (at least mine does).

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I finished Uncharted 1 and been playing some Uncharted 2. While the sequel is definitely much improved, I still think there is too much combat. No idea how 3 & 4 hold up yet, but hopefully they learned some pacing lessons from The Last of Us.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Smol posted:

I finished Uncharted 1 and been playing some Uncharted 2. While the sequel is definitely much improved, I still think there is too much combat. No idea how 3 & 4 hold up yet, but hopefully they learned some pacing lessons from The Last of Us.
Well 3 predates Last of Us but 4 was directed by the directors of Last of Us and is a little different so maybe you'll like that more?

2 is the only one I ever played and I never finished it because I found it incredibly tedious. Woohoo, another section where I have to aimlessly climb around on poo poo until I go the way the game is doing a piss poor job of conveying where it wants me to go.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Smol posted:

You can fix the combat pacing issues in every Uncharted game by putting it on easy and boxing people to death :)

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

Destiny 2's movement feels like poo poo. Base movement speed is slow, jumping is floaty as hell without much control over your character, and you can't use movement in gunfights other than to get out of a situation.

PvP design is poor too. 4v4 by itself is fine, but there's an extreme emphasis on teamwork. You can't win because of your best player going off, but you can lose matches all the time because your 4th was the worst player in the lobby. And because teamshooting is so effective, I feel like I don't have much agency to go off on my own. Destiny 2 wants to be a competitive shooter, but it just isn't.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Smol posted:

There are a few good set pieces in 4, nothing like the seemingly endless waves in what I remember of the first one. I kind of wanted more gun fights by the end. The straps look pretty bouncing around :3:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm no MLG pro but I agree with nearly none of the above. Disclaimer: it's been a few months since I Destiny 1'ed, but jumping and floating feels normal. Gunplay and movement feel the same too.

The only complaint I've heard people say en-masse that I think I agree with is the weapon slot reorg.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Titanfall 2 spoiled Halo movement for most people itt.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Healbot posted:

Titanfall 2 spoiled Halo movement for most people itt.

I don't dispute that as a strong likelihood for a lot of folks.

I think the thing I get hung up on is the claim that they ruined D2 which either infers or flat out says it's a major departure from D1.

Feels just like D1 to me, for whatever that's worth. :)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i actually couldnt get into titanfall 2 because dark souls spoiled it for me

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Insert name here posted:

I actually read that solution too but I couldn't find a way to clear my notifications. Mind you I only checked for like 30s because at that point I was frustrated and spend the past hour or so trying to fix this so I probably just missed an obvious button somewhere.

I can't check because I'm out of town, but uploads is (or used to be) a section under the notifications/ downloads. Every time it cloud saves or whatever there is an entry that gets put in and I think the amount of entires is limited, and at a certain point you can't upload cloud saves/YouTube etc. and it will start giving you errors. If you go in and delete them it will start letting you upload again.

Bonus, the last time I did it there was no way to batch delete them so I had to go in and delete about 2000 of them individually .

All around a really great system :v:

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

There's still no way to do it in bulk.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dying Light was mentioned a bit ago and oddly enough the devs for it have started that they're still supporting it. They're doing a year of like 10 free DLC packs and new community events.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Guillermus posted:

Look at your gallery because the ps4 takes a screenshot whenever you earn a trophy (at least mine does).
It's not there, unfortunately. I managed to record it, but the toast isn't captured when you use video capture or something if i remember correctly.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

muscles like this! posted:

Dying Light was mentioned a bit ago and oddly enough the devs for it have started that they're still supporting it. They're doing a year of like 10 free DLC packs and new community events.

That's Polish developers for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

Is Mirror's Edge: Catalyst worth picking up for $10 in the flash sale? I really liked the first one, but I heard mixed things about 2 and stopped paying attention to it since I was broke. Now I'm still broke but $10 might be doable :v: