Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Realtalk: I should have tried to move my last job interview to next week so I could have a chance to see it in Phoenix, since I'm assuming there's a reasonable probability of that shithole being one of the 125 70mm locations in the US.

In any case, I'm stoked to see it in whichever format

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Hawaii. Cut off his view of diamond head by building a second house on the back half of the property. Probably knocked a hundred grand off the value of his neighbor's house doing it too.

Oh man, that's delicious.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Realtalk: I should have tried to move my last job interview to next week so I could have a chance to see it in Phoenix, since I'm assuming there's a reasonable probability of that shithole being one of the 125 70mm locations in the US.

In any case, I'm stoked to see it in whichever format

What's your job outlook looking like btw Duzzy? Any bites? Whats your plan if you have to go back to Germany other than drinking awesome beer and eating a variety of sausage based meat dishes?

E2: Also how many Koreans do you think will fit in a carry on bag?

orange juche fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jul 21, 2017

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

orange juche posted:

What's your job outlook looking like btw Duzzy? Any bites? Whats your plan if you have to go back to the Fatherland other than drinking awesome beer and eating a variety of sausage based meat dishes?

Subquestion how many Koreans will they let you bring?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Star Trek II gonna be in theaters in Sept. :dance:

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN! :argh:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

GLOW was really good and I kinda wish they would keep it up but it kinda stands as one-off.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Current Weather Status:

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
I'd sell my soul for a breeze.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Vasudus posted:

Current Weather Status:

Me at work

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Goddammit. Forgot to charge my vape pen battery last night and the rest of the work day will be holding back murderous rage against cardboard boxes.

Maybe I'll get cut early. Go home, get stoned, take Frank to the dog park.

90*F, sunny, 20% humidity. I don't miss lower elevations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Breezy and sunny in Bremerton.

Miss the rain.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Godholio posted:

Star Trek II gonna be in theaters in Sept. :dance:

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN! :argh:

hot drat, i'd love to see that in theaters

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Two Finger posted:

hot drat, i'd love to see that in theaters

Some young fit black dude in a sports car just told me "Hey man I got a spare seat in my car".

I STILL GOT IT!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ugh, no 70mm theaters in CT for Dunkirk. Same as Hateful 8. :(

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I've had a cracker run at the movies this year.

John Wick 2 , Logan, Wonder Woman, Guardian of the Galaxy 2.

Got tickets for Atomic Blonde and will get some for Dark Tower.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Dunkirk in 70mm is good af

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If you ever have a chance to go to a dome theater, do it. It doesn't matter what you see, it will be the best theater experience of your life. Most of the stuff played at dome theaters is documentaries about nature or space, but sometimes they have big budget Hollywood movies. I saw the last two Nolan Batman movies at the dome theater at MOSI in Tampa and it was loving amazing.

I'm going to go see a documentary at the one here in Virginia in a few weeks.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Seriously look at this poo poo, and it still won't give you even half the idea:

That picture is zero embellishment. The people on the bottom row have to look drat near straight up to see the top of the screen.

I seriously can't find a non fisheye picture because they don't make a lens big enough to take a picture of the screen without any distortion.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

We used to have one in my home town. It was losing money so they gutted it and turned it into an Ultrascreen.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

TBeats posted:

Seriously look at this poo poo, and it still won't give you even half the idea:

That picture is zero embellishment. The people on the bottom row have to look drat near straight up to see the top of the screen.

I seriously can't find a non fisheye picture because they don't make a lens big enough to take a picture of the screen without any distortion.

I've seen movies in IMAX before and it owns so loving hard.

There's an IMAX theater right down the street and the ticket is only 15 bucks. I know what I'm blowing my Monday doing :getin:

orange juche fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jul 22, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
It's not IMAX. It's a dome IMAX. Think IMAX but like four times larger. They have to put the audio system behind the screen because there are no walls to put speakers on because it's all screen.

Unless you mean what I mean, which is the real IMAX. But the flat IMAX has taken over so I just call it dome IMAX now.

This is the best representation of how tall it is that I can find:

The screen at the one in Tampa is 10,500 square feet.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jul 22, 2017

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I saw nature documentary in one once. Was loving sick.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

TBeats posted:

It's not IMAX. It's a dome IMAX. Think IMAX but like four times larger. They have to put the audio system behind the screen because there are no walls to put speakers on because it's all screen.

Unless you mean what I mean, which is the real IMAX. But the flat IMAX has taken over so I just call it dome IMAX now.

This is the best representation of how tall it is that I can find:

Yeah the nearest Dome IMAX is like 2 and a half hours away.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

orange juche posted:

Yeah the nearest Dome IMAX is like 2 and a half hours away.

the nearest one to me is two hours away and i'm going to see whatever documentary is playing that day without doing much research ahead of time.

it's something that's totally worth doing a couple of times a year because all of the ones i've seen are at science museums. two hour documentary and then a science museum for $20? definitely worth it imho.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
The nearest dome IMAX to me is 4 hours away (including ferry) but there's a "normal" IMAX about ten minutes from here that has a six loving storey tall screen.

They're showing Guardians of the Galaxy 2 every night at 8pm.

I think I might head down there this weekend.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Every format upgade I've ever tried just makes me dizzy

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

I saw Super Speedway in a full imax theater.

Imax camera strapped to a formula 1 racing car.

:catdrugs: :wow: :hellyeah:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

TBeats posted:

the nearest one to me is two hours away and i'm going to see whatever documentary is playing that day without doing much research ahead of time.

it's something that's totally worth doing a couple of times a year because all of the ones i've seen are at science museums. two hour documentary and then a science museum for $20? definitely worth it imho.

Yeah the Maryland Science Center is where I'm going to go see Dunkirk, 15 bucks (with no tax) for a 70mm IMAX ticket to a major movie isn't bad at all considering AMC theatres charges 20 bucks plus tax for IMAX, and who knows if it's legit 70mm IMAX or Faux-MAX.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Maryland Science Center is where I saw the Formula 1 Imax coincidentally enough.

Now someone strap a imax to some planes and send them through Mach Loop already

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

MA-Horus posted:

hey buddy who says you can just roll through MY PROVINCE and take our fish

(We have really good fishing but if you want a next level, out of this planet fishing experience the Yukon or NWT are unbelievable. Also the mosquitos will carry you away)

On another note I went to Metallica last night, gunner's ear is going hog wild right now EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sup man, where do you live? The camp is up north of Kingston a ways.

Also today is a particularly good day because we're going to go pick up my new vehicle which is a 2015 Toyota 4Runner that is financed in part by my Dieselgate buyback money.

And then in two weeks a couple of friends and I will be going to the Mid-Atlantic Overlanding Festival up in State College, PA. So far this summer's been amazing.

It's so nice not to be depressed and angry at the world anymore.

orange juche posted:

Yeah the Maryland Science Center is where I'm going to go see Dunkirk, 15 bucks (with no tax) for a 70mm IMAX ticket to a major movie isn't bad at all considering AMC theatres charges 20 bucks plus tax for IMAX, and who knows if it's legit 70mm IMAX or Faux-MAX.

Oh good loving idea. I had no idea it was coming out in IMAX.

Arishtat fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jul 22, 2017

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Those are nice, one of the bosses at work has one. Could've done without those emo tears for turn signals though.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Pretty sure seeing the Stuka attack scenes in Dunkirk on a dome IMAX screen with full audio would cause a lot of pants making GBS threads.

Those moments were terrifying enough on a 70mm screen.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
does anyone know anything about buying a UPS? i don't like venturing outside GiP anymore and I want one for this server I snagged from work

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Well the work estimate for my car is like 2k :shepspends:
good thing I have a savings account dedicated for emergency car/motorcycle expenses.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
RIP N4i, got """extremely busy irl""" or something

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Woof Blitzer posted:

He posts in the trump thread in cspam all the time

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Woof Blitzer posted:

He just doesn't post with us anymore. Plenty of time to post about Elite: Dangerous and Ru Paul's Drag Race though.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Casimir Radon posted:

He just doesn't post with us anymore. Plenty of time to post about Elite: Dangerous and Ru Paul's Drag Race though.

:nallears:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Hawaii. Cut off his view of diamond head by building a second house on the back half of the property. Probably knocked a hundred grand off the value of his neighbor's house doing it too.

Neighboring house to the current one I'm renting this weekend remodeled and expanded, removing most of this house's lake view. After going full FYGM, the remodeled house owners asked their other neighbor to tear down an old storage building that obscured some of their new view. That owner tore down the storage building and built a bigger one just to gently caress them back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
got blinds on the way for my back door. lived here two years and i figured it's finally time to stop letting people have a full view of my kitchen. it should also lower my electric bill since it wont heat up as fast in here.

can't fuckin' wait.

• Locked thread