Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I'm pretty excited for Waver's 3rd and 4th ascensions. I think there's enough mats for both of them at least?

I've been trying to get enough Dragon Fangs in Fuyuki to ascend Altria again before Nero Fest, since it unlocks the interlude that powers up her NP. It's seriously ridiculous that you can spend an entire 90+ AP on a 7 AP mission and get one drop. This isn't even one of the rare mats either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Only get excited when anything drops a gold chest and cry when it's a gem. I've wasted about 300 AP plus some gold apples on the Chimera daily and only got 2 claws out of it. At least it showed me how loving good Vlad is.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

Schubalts posted:

Nero Fest and Moon viewing were hella grindy, but they were also the first events the game had. Halloween was better and ushered in the layout of future events (on a map, instead of just a quest list), but it brought in absurd stress on the servers.

Yes, new story chapters and the summer events add the most new servants at one time. Okeanos added the least new servants (but still a lot, 4 or 5) out of the story updates, but London added like 5 or 6 and America just went nuts.

London and America are going to be nightmare pulls and I don't think any amount of saving quartz is going to do any good. I personally want almost every servant from both chapters and then Onigashima goes up shortly after if we follow the JP release.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

just wait a year for jalter

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

I'm happy the event will be giving me some gears. Now if only I could get some hearts, I'd be set on ascending Emiya.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Marogareh posted:

Only get excited when anything drops a gold chest and cry when it's a gem. I've wasted about 300 AP plus some gold apples on the Chimera daily and only got 2 claws out of it. At least it showed me how loving good Vlad is.

The Dragon Fang drops from a silver chest. And yes, it's always a gem.

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

Can someone repost the list of what can be farmed and where? I don't see it in the OP.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

oath2order posted:

Can someone repost the list of what can be farmed and where? I don't see it in the OP.

Weird, I was sure it was added:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ESPZza5wuy4BY-SXIZJUQPIiVuAi4dcdOpvNgv3II2k/htmlview?sle=true

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
From the looks of it the Moon Goddess event immediately followed Nero Fest in JP; I wonder if they'll do the same here? I was going to be traveling at the end of August so a part of me was/is worried one of these things would happen during that period.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

From the looks of it the Moon Goddess event immediately followed Nero Fest in JP; I wonder if they'll do the same here?

Maybe? The real life festival it's based on is a seasonal event that typically happens in late September or early October, but they may well just ignore that since those dates have no particular significance for westerners. The Chinese version did have the events immediately following each other too, but that was still in October so it's hard to draw a conclusion either way.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jul 22, 2017

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
This is the best goddamn thing and I didn't know it was there. Thank you.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I'm actually going to switch my recommendation to this version of the drop rates spreadsheet now:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_SlTjrVRTgHgfS7sRqx4CeJMqlz687HdSlYqiW-JvQA/htmlview

It's been brought up to date with the latest crowd-sourced information from the US dailies, and overall its information is better laid-out so it's easy to see the most efficient NA drop locations for every resource. I think the other spreadsheet has been mostly abandoned now.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Someone pleasend tell me there's a better way to get silver statues than playing the 30 a daily over and over

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The aforementioned Moon Goddess event has a ton of them, it appears: http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/quest_event_20150925.php#nav

After having so little luck on the currently available free quests and dailies, I am convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that a far better use of everyone's AP would be to just wait for these events. If you want something to do now finish up any free quests, interludes, and/or grind mana prisms.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Nate RFB posted:

The aforementioned Moon Goddess event has a ton of them, it appears: http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/quest_event_20150925.php#nav

After having so little luck on the currently available free quests and dailies, I am convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that a far better use of everyone's AP would be to just wait for these events. If you want something to do now finish up any free quests, interludes, and/or grind mana prisms.
I've only got like three more story things to finish grinding for the quartz, then it's back to grinding missions. I'm gonna spend so much poo poo during Nero Fest to get her since it'll be a while before we get Bride.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Do bond points scale with the Difficulty or Ap spent on a quest or am I better off running low ap quests to get peoples bonds up?

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Nate RFB posted:

I'm just going for exp embers so I can get to ascending and grailing Vlad. Might be a while though since I won't have enough monuments.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

Do bond points scale with the Difficulty or Ap spent on a quest or am I better off running low ap quests to get peoples bonds up?

Higher AP generally gives better value for bond points. They also seem to scale with mission type, though, so story quests give a better rate than free quests which give a better rate than dailies.

That said, attempting to deliberately grind bond - especially past five - is usually considered a terrible idea. The numbers required are so massive it's better to just let it accumulate naturally.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

NRVNQSR posted:

Higher AP generally gives better value for bond points. They also seem to scale with mission type, though, so story quests give a better rate than free quests which give a better rate than dailies.

That said, attempting to deliberately grind bond - especially past five - is usually considered a terrible idea. The numbers required are so massive it's better to just let it accumulate naturally.

Yeah I'm just trying to unlock some interludes cause I'm about two quartz short of another ten roll during Nero fest.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

Yeah I'm just trying to unlock some interludes cause I'm about two quartz short of another ten roll during Nero fest.

Fortunately Event quests seem to be a very good source of bond, even better than story quests. The 10AP Nero Festival quests supposedly give 530BP a time which is the highest rate you can get right now.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

NRVNQSR posted:

I'm actually going to switch my recommendation to this version of the drop rates spreadsheet now:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_SlTjrVRTgHgfS7sRqx4CeJMqlz687HdSlYqiW-JvQA/htmlview

It's been brought up to date with the latest crowd-sourced information from the US dailies, and overall its information is better laid-out so it's easy to see the most efficient NA drop locations for every resource. I think the other spreadsheet has been mostly abandoned now.

I hadn't seen that one you linked move for bit but it's definitely been updated looking at it now.

Thanks!

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Neopie posted:

Someone pleasend tell me there's a better way to get silver statues than playing the 30 a daily over and over

Event shop

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Neopie posted:

Play the 20 instead. Practically the same drop rate and 10 points less.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
It must be emphasised: This is a grindy mobile game. One way or another, the answer to "how do I get X" will always boil down to "play stage Y over and over". If you can't make peace with that you should probably get out while you still can.

Except premium currency, of course. That's much easier to get.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I hope they never bring back reduced ap again so I can chill and stop caring muh optimization.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Doesn't the 20 AP daily give out a guaranteed silver piece anyway? It certainly seems like it from my experience.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Kay Kessler posted:

Doesn't the 20 AP daily give out a guaranteed silver piece anyway? It certainly seems like it from my experience.

Only the 30AP daily has a guaranteed drop, but the rates on the 20AP are still pretty high so it's rare to have a run with no drops at all.

But you run the 30AP because if you don't start collecting monuments early you'll regret it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

It must be emphasised: This is a grindy mobile game. One way or another, the answer to "how do I get X" will always boil down to "play stage Y over and over". If you can't make peace with that you should probably get out while you still can.

Except premium currency, of course. That's much easier to get.
Coming in as someone completely new to mobile gaming in general, it's not so much the grind and more that it's a grind with a limited resource (AP) allowing you to actually do said grinding. It'd be a lot less frustrating or at least less deflating if on those precious days where you both have the quest/daily/event available and the time to dedicate to it if you could just repeat it infinitely (or more realistically if the drop rates were just a bit better).

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Coming in as someone completely new to mobile gaming in general, it's not so much the grind and more that it's a grind with a limited resource (AP) allowing you to actually do said grinding. It'd be a lot less frustrating or at least less deflating if on those precious days where you both have the quest/daily/event available and the time to dedicate to it if you could just repeat it infinitely (or more realistically if the drop rates were just a bit better).

It does sound like apples become so common later on that that stops being an issue, at least.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Does anone have any good strategies for the Summer 2016 part 2 challenge quests? These boars are kicking my rear end and i'm starting to think that the quest is designed solely for Arthur + 2x Merlin teams

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

NRVNQSR posted:

It does sound like apples become so common later on that that stops being an issue, at least.

I'm actually not 100% sure that will be the case. It seems like the reason JP players are swimming in apples is that they were a very common apology gift sent out in the early months of the game, and the NA version hasn't had anywhere near as many issues as the original so far.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Sophism posted:

I'm actually not 100% sure that will be the case. It seems like the reason JP players are swimming in apples is that they were a very common apology gift sent out in the early months of the game, and the NA version hasn't had anywhere near as many issues as the original so far.

Uh, no, I'm pretty sure the main reason I'm swimming in apples is that event quests hand them out like candy

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Freak Futanari posted:

Does anone have any good strategies for the Summer 2016 part 2 challenge quests? These boars are kicking my rear end and i'm starting to think that the quest is designed solely for Arthur + 2x Merlin teams

If you have Surfdred and a vanilla Tamamo, you could try arts np spamming.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I saw a vid of a guy taking it out with swimsuit Mordred, Mash, and a support Merlin. It took over 50 turns, but they did it.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

InfinityComplex posted:

If you have Surfdred and a vanilla Tamamo, you could try arts np spamming.

That's what i ended up doing, and it still ended up costing me my command seals and a quartz. Oh well, at least i got my 4* Fou

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Wow, i had literally no idea that this is how it works. I totally thought it just randomly shuffled the 15 command cards each turn.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I think there's a Loading Screen message that tells you about this, but otherwise yes FGO is pretty obscure about how the game actually works.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Waaait... what?

I had no idea and I played a while on JPN O_O. Thanks kitten.

DarkFact
Sep 8, 2003

Just as planned!
If I finish Septem will the Nero gacha have a slightly better chance of me rolling her due to her inclusion in the story gacha, or is it a completely separate gacha from the story gacha?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the nero gacha is completely separate and has no relation to the story gacha whatsoever. when it says 'added to the story gacha,' they mean literally, they are added to the story gacha that you can flip to and click on to summon from. clearing singularities has no impact on any gacha but that one, specifically.