Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Jason Takes Manhattan sucks because there's barely any Manhattan, but Jason Goes to Hell has barely any Jason, which is just unforgivable.

Also, the sound equalization was abominable. All the dialogue was muffled and almost unintelligible, while the awful tootly-tootly Casio keyboard soundtrack was ear-bleedingly loud.

That might just have been the version I was watching, though.

(Honestly, I didn't really feel any of them past Part V. Part VI was probably the best one of the remaining ones, but it felt a bit too tongue-in-cheek at times, and the kills felt watered down.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Yeah most people use Freddy's Dead as the example of worst NOES.

Goes to Hell rules in my book. Great time with friends when watching, and DUKE owns bones.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Jason Goes To Hell has some of the most brutal kills in the unrated version, and the director's commentary is a blast because it's them a decade after making this and just ragging on their own poo poo the entire time while also being amazed that they did something like this

It's basically a built in rifftrax because they are under zero illusions what kind of movie this is

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Coffee And Pie posted:

Gay NoES is one of the best :confused:

It's the worst but it's also the best

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Texas Chainsaw with Matthew McConaughey and Renee zerbergerber.

I'm one of the few people on the planet who enjoyed that movie, but then I have a weird fondness for absolutely lovely and bizarre 90's movies.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Gay NoES is one of the best :confused:

Also this, what the hell. The worst two NoES movies are 4 and 5, they're both so completely forgettable and that's the worst crime you can commit in a slasher franchise. I'm fine with Freddy's Dead for the same reason I mentioned above.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

King Vidiot posted:

Also this, what the hell. The worst two NoES movies are 4 and 5, they're both so completely forgettable and that's the worst crime you can commit in a slasher franchise. I'm fine with Freddy's Dead for the same reason I mentioned above.

Nah, The Dream Master will always be one of my favourites. Probably because it was my entry-point into the series, but it's still pretty gnarly. The roach motel scene is one of the best in the series.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Phylodox posted:

Nah, The Dream Master will always be one of my favourites. Probably because it was my entry-point into the series, but it's still pretty gnarly. The roach motel scene is one of the best in the series.

Roach Motel is brilliant. Soul Pizza and Bathroom Kung-Fu are also fun.

e: oh yeah and the dog pissing fire.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jul 21, 2017

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

King Vidiot posted:

I'm one of the few people on the planet who enjoyed that movie, but then I have a weird fondness for absolutely lovely and bizarre 90's movies.

I have to defend Dream Child, damnit. Long, elaborate dream sequences with some of the best special effects ever, not a single bit of which was computer animated, including:
- woman falls out of water sideways
- scenery change from serene to nightmare in the same shot
- 360 pan shot including clothing and position changes on specific actor without cutting
- motorcycle parts slide under a guy's skin and burn his flesh off from the inside
- intestines force fed into a woman's face until it distends
- a realistic real life shot of what a fetus looks like in the womb
- black and white and color in the same shot done PRACTICAL, NOT through color removal
- a guy is turned into loving paper and shredded
- real life MC Escher set done waaaay better than Labyrinth
- one person stuck in the body of another person

This poo poo rules. Stop hating.

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jul 22, 2017

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I seriously have to rewatch that whole series this Halloween season. And by "Halloween season" I mean any time after September 1st.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Nightmare 5 is great production design wasted by bad direction.

Jason Goes to Hell blows outside of the unrated kills, but dude was right, the directors commentary is one of my favorite commentaries ever.

Also, I've been watching Stoiker Kaliei's videos on youtube of him playing as Jason and drat that guy has it down to a science. Good counselor work too.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
So I just had a fun round against pubbies, played as Runner Vanessa delivering objectives to wherever they need to go. Found the fuse and a car battery and dropped off the battery to AJ near the two seater (4 seater had one). AJ tells me we just need keys and we can bail.

Six seconds later the car goes driving by because AJ had the keys the whole time and lied so I'd go searching elsewhere. Dick move.

A few minutes later, searching for the phone house, I check the map and notice the car they left with is stopped near the exit of the map and not moving
:thunk:
I run over and take a peek, both betrayers are dead, so I grab the car and drive the last couple feet out the map to safety.

This earned me the achievment "Chad is a dick"

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Danaru posted:

So I just had a fun round against pubbies, played as Runner Vanessa delivering objectives to wherever they need to go. Found the fuse and a car battery and dropped off the battery to AJ near the two seater (4 seater had one). AJ tells me we just need keys and we can bail.

Six seconds later the car goes driving by because AJ had the keys the whole time and lied so I'd go searching elsewhere. Dick move.

A few minutes later, searching for the phone house, I check the map and notice the car they left with is stopped near the exit of the map and not moving
:thunk:
I run over and take a peek, both betrayers are dead, so I grab the car and drive the last couple feet out the map to safety.

This earned me the achievment "Chad is a dick"

I had one which was a goon / pubbie mix. I got Jason, because the RNG wanted everyone dead.

One of the pubs grabbed the shotgun, then made for a cabin to shoot a goon. I was behind him, seeing this go on.

He enters the cabin, then misses his shot at (I forget who it was, Icedude, So Icey, or weekly font) but as he turns to run out of there he instantly felt the warm, loving embrace of Jason 8.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
One nice thing about this game is how often an entire lobby will turn against a team killer and spend the next match hunting them down.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Had a guy exploiting a new place on the map. Won't go into details, but it's a place where Jason can't melee and if Jason grabs, Jason gets stuck and can't do any kill moves. Afterwards the guy defended himself saying that it wasn't exploiting, it was just bad game code.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That guy is full of poo poo

Either own your exploits or don't do 'em

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I didn't kill that guy by pushing him off the roof, it was bad reality code

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Oh, yeah, the guy was full of poo poo. It was just funny that he used the literal definition of exploit in his defense. "I am not exploiting, I am just using bad game code to become unkillable"

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I've had that happen to me a few times, grabbing a counsellor, only to find I can't execute them. It's really annoying. I always thought it was a random bug, never occurred to me that people might have been exploiting to let their teammates escape while I carry this guy around forever.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Gunder posted:

I've had that happen to me a few times, grabbing a counsellor, only to find I can't execute them. It's really annoying. I always thought it was a random bug, never occurred to me that people might have been exploiting to let their teammates escape while I carry this guy around forever.

There are two different types of bug. The one you seem to be talking about is impossible to intentionally create, which is when jason grabs a counselor and can walk around with him or her, but can't execute and the player can't escape, making jason harmless for the rest of the match. That is not the one I am talking about.

The one I am talking about is a specific spot inside a specific house, where Jason can't melee the counselor, and if Jason grabs the counselor jason gets stuck in this tiny space and can't execute, so that eventually the counselor escapes and can go back into this spot.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

I had a glitch in a mixed goon/pub game last night where I couldn't grab someone out of the car window because I was standing on a rock that put me less than a foot off the ground. I floated a few feet in the air before landing and after that I was unable to interact with the window or hood on the car. It still got wrecked when I blocked it with my body, though.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Friday the 13th is my favorite franchise by far, but Jason Goes to Hell is the worst film in all the major slasher franchises.

Yes, I'm counting the Halloween with Paul Rudd, the hilariously gay Nightmare on Elm Street, and the Texas Chainsaw with Matthew McConaughey and Renee zerbergerber.

Dammit now I wanna sub to netflix and watch Gay NoES now, thanks a lot.

For the record, it's considered gay because one of the writers or the head writer- I forget- wanted a lot of homosexual undertones in NoES 2 and well you sure as poo poo get them as characters are established. Right down to the gym teacher and how Freddy dies.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Coffee And Pie posted:

One nice thing about this game is how often an entire lobby will turn against a team killer and spend the next match hunting them down.

There was some girl "roleplaying" as Chad who started baseball-bat-hitting a random Vanessa who wasn't fighting back, so I promptly killed her dead with a single shotgun shot. Then she left the server.

I like this self-policing thing!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Jason X (or Jason Goes to Space a.k.a. Spason) isn't as bad as Goes to Hell, but it really is relentlessly cheap looking. Everything was obviously shot in a warehouse in Vancouver and all the actors were recruited from around the Andromeda and Stargate craft services tables. It also has, in my opinion, the worst looking Jason in the series (not Über-Jason, the regular one). Its tongue-in-cheek humour is way too on-the-nose, and delivered in the worst "winking at the camera" way.

Still, could be worse. Could be Jason Goes to Hell.

They should include Über-Jason in this game, though. Just to see how outrageously he clashes with the rest of the game's aesthetic.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phylodox posted:

They should include Über-Jason in this game, though. Just to see how outrageously he clashes with the rest of the game's aesthetic.

I mean, if Retro Jason is in, something looking out of place or being too silly can't really be used as an excuse for keeping it out, so, yeah. Space Jason (Spason) belongs just as much as anyone else.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My dream game is F13 getting as goofy as possible to be honest, I want Sackboy Jason chasing Chad around a space station. Let's get goofy

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

widespread posted:

Dammit now I wanna sub to netflix and watch Gay NoES now, thanks a lot.

For the record, it's considered gay because one of the writers or the head writer- I forget- wanted a lot of homosexual undertones in NoES 2 and well you sure as poo poo get them as characters are established. Right down to the gym teacher and how Freddy dies.

Not quite, actually. The lead of NoES 2, Mark Patton, gave an interview in regards to all that.

Here's a quote from that:

“It just became undeniable,” Patton said. “I mean, when you’re looking at dailies and I’m lying in bed and I’m a pietà and the candles are dripping and they’re bending like phalluses and white wax is dripping all over... It’s like I’m the center of a — what do they call it? — a bukkake. Like I’m a bukkake video.”

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Ghostpilot posted:

Not quite, actually. The lead of NoES 2, Mark Patton, gave an interview in regards to all that.

Here's a quote from that:

“It just became undeniable,” Patton said. “I mean, when you’re looking at dailies and I’m lying in bed and I’m a pietà and the candles are dripping and they’re bending like phalluses and white wax is dripping all over... It’s like I’m the center of a — what do they call it? — a bukkake. Like I’m a bukkake video.”

My word, it looks a lot worse in that retrospect. I forgot it made him quit Hollywood.

... gently caress, that kinda lowers the tone a bit.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Yeah, every time I watch A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 I get really uncomfortable because I can't figure out if it's a movie about the main character coming to terms with his homosexuality, or a movie about how homosexuality is a terrifying affliction to be overcome. Does Freddy represent Jesse's fear of his burgeoning gay feelings, or does he represent those feelings themselves?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I dunno, would fingerbanging a dude's mouth with one of his hand knives help accentuate the representation here

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So generally, I try to be nice. I like to think I mostly succeed. I try to use nice-ness as a weapon against Jasons. Some times it works some times it doesn't.

I think this is a fun game for everyone, and that no one person should ruin it for everyone else.

This brings me to my One Rule for the Discord server. If you act like a loving moron, if you openly harass and ruin another's good time, if you are such a detriment that you make people want to avoid the Discord Chat entirely, and multiple people agree that you are in fact the problem, I will ban you. I will have a very politely sarcastic discussion with you and then erase you from the discord server.

Do not ever be the one person who brings it down for everyone else. This is just a fun stupid game filled with bugs and promise, and if you have to be such a force of personality that no one wants to deal with your bullshit, and actively avoid you- You are the problem and you will be gotten rid of. We should not have to suffer because you are a fuckwit rear end in a top hat.

We're here to murder and survive and have fun doing both. Also don't make a goddamn second account and then poorly hide that fact just to gently caress with people, that's just really sad.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I have a Jason asking riddles to let his victims live and it rules.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Burkion posted:

So generally, I try to be nice. I like to think I mostly succeed. I try to use nice-ness as a weapon against Jasons. Some times it works some times it doesn't.

I think this is a fun game for everyone, and that no one person should ruin it for everyone else.

This brings me to my One Rule for the Discord server. If you act like a loving moron, if you openly harass and ruin another's good time, if you are such a detriment that you make people want to avoid the Discord Chat entirely, and multiple people agree that you are in fact the problem, I will ban you. I will have a very politely sarcastic discussion with you and then erase you from the discord server.

Do not ever be the one person who brings it down for everyone else. This is just a fun stupid game filled with bugs and promise, and if you have to be such a force of personality that no one wants to deal with your bullshit, and actively avoid you- You are the problem and you will be gotten rid of. We should not have to suffer because you are a fuckwit rear end in a top hat.

We're here to murder and survive and have fun doing both. Also don't make a goddamn second account and then poorly hide that fact just to gently caress with people, that's just really sad.

sorry ;____________;

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Phyresis posted:

sorry ;____________;

You are the rape victim in this scenario, Terry. Don't shower, Burk needs a sample.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

You are the rape victim in this scenario, Terry. Don't shower, Burk needs a sample.

:stare:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Don't judge us

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

:yikes:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Yeahhh this thread's getting weird

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
:chloe:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

So uh yeah, I'll make an effort to go camping with y'all tonight or tomorrow. Gotta get my Chad on one of these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Danaru posted:

Yeahhh this thread's getting weird

Counselor training is in session. Embrace the goofy camp activities.

• Locked thread