Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Box wine posted:

Did you seriously not buy two, one to open and read, and one to buy your future house with.

There's a Simpsons tie-in book detailing Comic Book Guy's take on pop culture, and it's got one bit where he gives his advice about buying action figures which recommends buying five of everything: one to open; one to trade; one to customise; one to display; and one to "put away as an investment". Always seemed pretty true to life to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Argue posted:

People in this thread are reacting to this news but where is it coming from? It's not in that link, and there's no news about it when I search; all I find is someone's Deviantart mockup from 2009. Or is there a joke that went completely over my head?

Oh boy I finally get to do this:

FAKE NEWS

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wheat Loaf posted:

There's a Simpsons tie-in book detailing Comic Book Guy's take on pop culture, and it's got one bit where he gives his advice about buying action figures which recommends buying five of everything: one to open; one to trade; one to customise; one to display; and one to "put away as an investment". Always seemed pretty true to life to me.

That book is great. Anyone who's worked at a comic store can identify with the "types of customers" it has.

I always wanted to get the Mr Burns Guide to Management.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

This looks pretty cool.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Looks very Kingdom Come esque

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Little Mac posted:

This looks pretty cool.

I get what they're going for, but it's still pretty ugly.

Also if nobody knew Superman was in this movie, now they do.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't think it's a secret

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Little Mac posted:

This looks pretty cool.

So photoshop has a Alex Ross filter?

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
What's with the Flash having those tension string things in his suit? Him being in armor looked weird enough already.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm guessing they are like ground wires for all the electricity he generates, while the armor is reportedly like a space shuttle type material to protect from the heat off re-entry.

I expect narratively that bulky armor serves the same purpose of Piccolo's weighted tunic.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I'm guessing they are like ground wires for all the electricity he generates, while the armor is reportedly like a space shuttle type material to protect from the heat off re-entry.

I expect narratively that bulky armor serves the same purpose of Piccolo's weighted tunic.

If the Flash can do the Makankosappo, why has he never before?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He does it in the tv show, kinda.

And he has had Clothes Beam in the comics for decades.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Kal-L posted:

What's with the Flash having those tension string things in his suit? Him being in armor looked weird enough already.

It's Barry's ghetto/janky self-made suit. Maybe the strings keep everything together when he's tapping into the speed force.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
From comic con.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Jamesman posted:

I get what they're going for, but it's still pretty ugly.

Bosslogic touched it up a bit

https://twitter.com/Bosslogic/status/888830193309110272

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jamesman posted:

Also if nobody knew Superman was in this movie, now they do.

Impossible, he's foreverially dead.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That's better even if it makes Batman look really really silly.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

lomzus posted:

From comic con.

The Thor poster looks pretty cool but all these characters as the vitruvian man makes absolute zero thematic sense.

I'm not averse to saying "gently caress theming, this looks cool" though.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

That book is great. Anyone who's worked at a comic store can identify with the "types of customers" it has.

There's one kind of :smith: bit in the book where it does one of those "numbered" pictures (where everything in the image has a corresponding numbered description - I'm not sure what the proper name for them is) outlining everything in Comic Book Guy's tabletop gaming set-up and the last one is "Other people to play with (not pictured)".

quote:

I always wanted to get the Mr Burns Guide to Management.

Yeah, I remember there were loads listed in the "coming soon" section of one of them and it's been 10 years since one was released.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

lol Suicide Squad 2

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/status/888841734209191936

How the hell are you gonna do Flashpoint at this point in the DCCU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

zoux posted:

Doesn't seem that complicated. They have all the major characters set up already.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

zoux posted:

They already have Thomas and Martha Wayne cast, and everyone else is on contract. Seeing Gal and Momoa at odds is going to be awesome.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sure, do Infinite Crisis while you're at it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Flashpoint as the Flash introductory film would make sense given the cast they already have. Gives Gal and Momoa another movie to shine (playing even more badass/angry versions of themselves) and an excuse for Jefreey Dean Morgan to be a costumed hero again.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Flashpoint as the Flash introductory film would make sense given the cast they already have. Gives Gal and Momoa another movie to shine (playing even more badass/angry versions of themselves) and an excuse for Jefreey Dean Morgan to be a costumed hero again.

These are mainly the reasons why I'm super hyped.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Reasons I'm not excited:

1) loving heroes fighting heroes yet a-loving-gain

2) Flashpoint wasn't good

Like we should probably at least get a Flash movie out before blowing a load like this?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_6yBZKj-eo

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Flash alters history and suddenly Batman is played by a different actor.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Rhonne posted:

Flash alters history and suddenly Batman is played by a different actor.

Debunked friend
https://twitter.com/joblocom/status/888845160951435264

[edit] Unless you meant the whole thing with Batdad.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Momoa owns. Flash's last scene was pretty great.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

Reasons I'm not excited:

1) loving heroes fighting heroes yet a-loving-gain

2) Flashpoint wasn't good

Like we should probably at least get a Flash movie out before blowing a load like this?

Don't worry, most of them will be cancelled.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Why did WB decide to switch Justice League from a two-part movie to a stand-alone one? Was it a consequence of Snyder's family tragedy or was it separate from that?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wheat Loaf posted:

Why did WB decide to switch Justice League from a two-part movie to a stand-alone one? Was it a consequence of Snyder's family tragedy or was it separate from that?

Every executive in Hollywood simultaneously decided like a year and a half ago no more two part movies. Avengers 3 did the same thing.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

teagone posted:

Debunked friend
https://twitter.com/joblocom/status/888845160951435264

[edit] Unless you meant the whole thing with Batdad.

I was joking about that rumor, god to know they aren't getting rid of Batfleck anytime soon.

Surprised they mentioned the Lanterns.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DC movie characters being edgier is the opposite of what I want.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They never actually got around to portraying Superman as the beacon of hope that trailer is trying to sell him as.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
This looks vurry good, aside from a couple of stilted "okay team now stand in a line for the camera!" shots.

Lol at increased WW presence. Aquaman is cool. Flash is fun. I don't feel.......total monotone ambivalence...towards Cyborg...I guess?

I saw a description of the trailer from a couple weeks ago on Reddit that was mostly accurate to what was shown here, aside from the ending shot which they claimed was Superman looking dark and scary. Apparently that final darkness and scariness wasn't received very well, so I suppose they changed it to this moment instead.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Aphrodite posted:

They never actually got around to portraying Superman as the beacon of hope that trailer is trying to sell him as.

Yeah, that was a real headscratcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Rhonne posted:

Surprised they mentioned the Lanterns.

They confirmed The Green Lantern Corps is in the current slate of DCEU films.

• Locked thread