Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

שבת שלום

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

WrenP-Complete posted:

שבת שלום

שבת ברכה!

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
https://twitter.com/AdorableHuskies...D277%23lastpost

Can't stop watching, never stop watching.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
bad rear end, lauren chief elk is back on twitter

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Out of the entire universe we are all present in this moment . The problem is that we equate this with some sort of divine providence and not a joke.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Ive only been gone for 3 days but apparently that is a year to cats because mine have been following me everywhere and trying to lie down beside me since I got home.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Time is a relative thing. As we grow older time we perceive time as a quicker. A month passes by we do not notice because against our age it is a minuscule amount compared to what we have lived. For animals we do not know , but for them a eternity may have passed.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

One of them puked all over my bed while I was away so maybe next time itll be a double eternity they have to wait for me to get back. :mad:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
They were sickened by the absence of the presence of their God.

Bueno Papi
May 10, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

One of them puked all over my bed while I was away so maybe next time itll be a double eternity they have to wait for me to get back. :mad:

Cats are bad. No poo poo.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Im trying to be all mad and angry to show them that Im upset but they are too adorable and its not really working.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It's because true love is utter supplication

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Furnaceface posted:

Im trying to be all mad and angry to show them that Im upset but they are too adorable and its not really working.

this happens all the time with me and my dog. she is spoiled af

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

huskies are riddled with neurological problems

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
the cutest neurological problems

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

huskies are riddled with neurological problems

Tons of extra fluff too.

Tons.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Over time everyone's prejudices are revealed GoJM is surprisingly speciest toward Huskies

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
all purebred dogs are racked with different hellish health problems from inbreeding, a monument to man's cruel indifference

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

first pacific rim was good

:staredog:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i refuse to buy sodastream

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

R. Mute posted:

im not a big fan of the music specifically (tho i do like it), it's deffo just a job first - but it is an experience, that's for sure. the stages are impressive and they put a lot of money into dressing everything up. there's people from all over the world and it's almost worth it just to ogle at the crowd.

downsides are that it's expensive as gently caress and completely shameless in its money-grubbing efforts. there's even a tiered experience with pleb-tickets, VIP tickets and then layers of ultra-VIP tickets - down to being able to rent an actual "mansion" tent with its own pool and whatever. when our king was in that skybox, he probably wasn't even close to being the richest person there. and the focus on money shows in the crowds it attracts - they're fun to ogle at, but they're frankly almost all giant turds.

in conclusion, tomorrowland is a land of contrasts

that sounds far worse than i expected, but im not sure what exactly i expected. either way, i dont even to to festivals of music that i like (even tho i wouldnt mind tomorrowland music too much)

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/SHO_Docs/status/888435924094156800

NOPE

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

the only way it could be better is if it had more cherno alpha

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

is this... investigative reporting with lady gaga?

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Volkerball posted:

Christ, shut up with the tornado sirens already. loving annoying.

Are you opposed to all safety protections on spec

Did you not wear ear protection shooting guns too

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Furnaceface posted:

Ive only been gone for 3 days but apparently that is a year to cats because mine have been following me everywhere and trying to lie down beside me since I got home.

If you punish a cat or dog for something an hour after they won't understand because it was too long ago

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Bueno Papi posted:

Cats are bad.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

I... want... to watch this... :kheldragar:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

you no post hate criem. mods? mods/// :qq:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Why the hell is lady gaga meeting with Jules

I think she's still big ups of hildog so is it to call him an assclown

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Does Pam Anderson meet him on the reg or was bringing him lunch just a onetime thing?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Why the hell is lady gaga meeting with Jules

isnt it clear we're in the dark comedy timeline

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

isnt it clear we're in the dark comedy timeline

Dark comedy is a spectrum. Politics is becoming completely Kafkaesque

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
bet their sentient tools aren't even unionized

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
coming this fall: steve the plan checker at city hall

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

WrenP-Complete posted:

שבת שלום

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

New York Times posted:

In the spring of 2015, Elizabeth Latimer, then a public defender, was working a shift at Brooklyn Criminal Court when she was told she had a new client.

The woman was in a cell in the back of court, wearing a hospital gown and bleeding heavily. Ms. Latimer’s notes about the client read, “Just gave birth Sunday.” It was Tuesday.

Her medical files show that she had been in her apartment with her 6-year-old daughter when she started bleeding and felt numbness in one leg. Her due date was still weeks away.

Frightened, she called an ambulance. Then she realized her boyfriend, who was at nearby job-placement program and didn’t have a cellphone, would have no way of knowing if she went to the hospital. So she left her phone with her daughter, told her to stay in their apartment, and walked to the boyfriend’s training site, about eight blocks away. “I’m like, I understand I’m not supposed to leave my daughter, but it’s an emergency,” she said during an interview. Her lawyers asked that she not be named because her case is still open.

Doubled over with contractions, it took her about 40 minutes to get to the site and back. When the couple returned to the apartment, it was swarming with people. Emergency workers had arrived as she’d requested; finding the daughter alone, they had called the police.

By the time the woman was taken to the hospital, her contractions were four minutes apart. While she was in labor, police officers stood by her bedside. When a nurse explained to her that she was under arrest, she asked, “How?”

Once she had delivered, her feet were shackled and her hands cuffed to her bed, the records show. Her only reprieve: an officer agreed to take off the cuffs while she breast-fed her newborn son. She was discharged from the hospital with a fever, breast pain, severe abdominal pain and instructions to take various medications.

Officers took her from the hospital to criminal court, where, after waiting for hours, she was charged with endangering the welfare of her 6-year-old. During her criminal arraignment, the woman sat slumped in a chair, unable to stand.

“I was in pain, I was in badly pain, ready to pass out,” she said.

She found out then that Children’s Services had put her daughter in foster care, but the woman didn’t know where. Because she had tested positive for marijuana, and because of the child endangerment case involving her daughter, she was not allowed to take her newborn son home. Released from court, she walked 30 minutes each way to the hospital to nurse the baby twice a day. Her breasts became overfull. “I was walking like this on the street,” she said, folding her arms over her chest.

As soon as he was medically cleared to leave the hospital, her newborn son was placed in foster care.

After the woman filed an emergency petition, both children were returned to her after 30 days. Her criminal case was to be dismissed if she attended parenting classes, while her family court case had no such stipulation. Confused by the conflicting requirements, the woman didn’t attend classes. Three months ago, she was arrested on a warrant for not taking the parenting classes; her case remains open.

Her daughter, interviewed at their apartment, said that she was “sad” when she was sent to the foster home.

• Locked thread