Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Regarding Minesweeper: Collector

How am I supposed to deal with this without guessing? (Also the top left [1] revealed a [2] in the corner, which didn't help. :negative:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Does crusader of light control well? Does it accept Bluetooth controllers? Asking because I've never played an mmo without m/k and typically I hate touch controls

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Drunk Tomato posted:

Does crusader of light control well? Does it accept Bluetooth controllers? Asking because I've never played an mmo without m/k and typically I hate touch controls

You have a virtual joystick for movement and strafing, and drag to look around. There is also tap to move.

However, quest markers and such are automated travel, and when in combat, you lock onto a target by attacking or tapping it, and will keep focused on it while strafing around, and there is a "tab targeting" button that cycles targets.

It's a little wonky at first, but you quickly get used to it and it does the job just fine.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Morter posted:

How am I supposed to deal with this without guessing? (Also the top left [1] revealed a [2] in the corner, which didn't help. :negative:)

Your 3/2 pairing in the top left gives away enough information to mark one mine (next to the top skull as only one of the two unrevealed spaces adjacent to the 2 can contain a mine, so that space must have a mine to make the 3 true) which would let you reveal two more spaces with that 2 you revealed after the screenshot.

The 2/2 pairing immediately below and to the right also lets you reveal one space (above the third skull counting from the top left, one mine must be under the two spaces immediately above the 2s because of the left 2), which then lets you reveal another space with the 2/2/3 region in the bottom right (the square above and to the right of the rightmost 2, one mine must be under the two squares above the rightmost 2s for the same reason as before, one mine must be under the two squares to the right of the 2/3, so no other spaces adjacent to the rightmost 2 can contain mines).

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Morter posted:

Yellow are free spaces, red is a mine.

The two extra yellows at the top are based on your last sentence, with information gained from what I'll explain below.

Since I'm in my phone it's a little harder for me to explain without pictures that'd take too long to make, but I'll try.

Explaining the mine first would help explain my other choices. The 3 next to my mine indicates that two of the three covered squares next to it contain a mine. The 2 under the 3 indicates one of the covered squares contain a mine. However, notice that the two squares next to the 2 are also part of the three squares next to the 3. Only one mine can be in those squares, so one of the mines for the 3 has to be in the remaining covered spot.

It's the same basic principle for the lowest two empty spots I indicated. Take the leftmost spot, where it goes (*)(2)(2)(*) from the corner. The 2 on the left indicates one mine remains in the two covered spots next to it. The 2 on the right indicates one mine remains in the three spots next to it, but two of those are the same as the 2 on the left which must contain a mine, therefore the third spot has to be empty.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Hah, thanks a lot, folks. I actually tend to apply this logic in a game like Hexcells, but never really brought it back to Minesweeper for some dumb reason. :downs:

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Hey I'm in Crusaders of Light as TheJumpoff, same server as everyone else. Let me know when the guild goes live.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Morter posted:

Hah, thanks a lot, folks. I actually tend to apply this logic in a game like Hexcells, but never really brought it back to Minesweeper for some dumb reason. :downs:

I know what you mean. I've played enough square Minesweeper that I don't even process that stuff anymore, I usually just know what's empty or a mine. But change it to hexes and suddenly I'm back to counting spots and making silly mistakes.

Turk
Mar 27, 2006

Made a guy on Fertile Gorge named RangerTurk (yeah I'm bad at names). I'm using this Facebook Gameroom. Plays ok I guess. Don't have a device that would run it.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
For minesweeper collector, there's a great feature you might not have noticed. Long press on a number, and if all the unmarked squares around it are equal to the number of remaining mines left for that square, it'll autofill them. If you short press, and there's a number of marked squares equal to the square's number, it auto-reveals the others.

So:
code:
2yx
1Xy
Long press on the lower left 1 and it'll fill the upper case X. Then, tap the other two 1's and it'll reveal the y spaces.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I found out about that pretty quickly, and I made sure to long press all the numbers in my screenshots (save for the upper left 1) before I made the post.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Morter posted:

I found out about that pretty quickly, and I made sure to long press all the numbers in my screenshots (save for the upper left 1) before I made the post.

Oh, I see. Yeah, that makes sense now.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Any of you goons playing Last Day on Earth: Survival?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Agoat posted:

Any of you goons playing Last Day on Earth: Survival?

I installed it but Crusaders of Light has its hooks in me pretty bad

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Crusaders of Light can be played on PC too via Facebook Gamesroom. Your account is cross compatible with mobile provided you bound it to your Facebook account.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Any opinions on the new Layton game?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Ragingsheep posted:

Any opinions on the new Layton game?

It's the first Layton game I've played and I really like it. It's incredibly polished and really feels like a proper installment, not a cut down mobile spin-off at all.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
Yeah, considering that the DS/3DS versions were ~$50CDN at release and even then worth every penny, I'd say this one is a downright steal and is a great Layton game.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Say what you will about Penny Arcade, but they're Layton strip was one of about 3 that actually made me laugh out loud when I first read it.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Say what you will about Penny Arcade, but they're Layton strip was one of about 3 that actually made me laugh out loud when I first read it.

Ooh I'm dying.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

So do I to click the right part of this post to activate the puzzle?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Oh gently caress I think I have to reactivate my Platinum privileges.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Morter posted:

Ooh I'm dying.

Weird, it's loading for me. :ohdear:

Anyway, this is what I linked to, this time from their site, directly:

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/02/13/professor-layton-and-the-perpetual-torment

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
If any of you ever liked playing the old Escape Velocity game on Macintosh, I am playing a pretty great android clone called SpaceRPG3. Give it a try, it's almost indistinguishable.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Drunk Tomato posted:

If any of you ever liked playing the old Escape Velocity game on Macintosh, I am playing a pretty great android clone called SpaceRPG3. Give it a try, it's almost indistinguishable.

Here's a link, I might just take a look at it, thanks!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.esaptonor.spacerpg3

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I've got the 5 million in Crusaders of Light for Goon Squad on Fertile Gorge. I'll create it tonight.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

FistEnergy posted:

I've got the 5 million in Crusaders of Light for Goon Squad on Fertile Gorge. I'll create it tonight.

Let us know when it's up so we can start applying!

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Is there a separate thread of Crusaders of Light? I'm at work just checking out youtube videos of it and it looks like a good time waster.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

FistEnergy posted:

Sweet, should we start a thread (if there isn't one already) for this?

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Maybe I'm getting old, but Crusaders was just too fast and full of buttons and actions and things for me to handle.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I'll start a thread tomorrow at work if no one beats me to it!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

FistEnergy posted:

I'll start a thread tomorrow at work if no one beats me to it!

I'm working on one now, I'll have it up this evening.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Drunk Tomato posted:

I thought you meant Terminal Velocity and got excited. Is there a TV / Descent type game on Android?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Crusaders of Light thread is up!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3827896

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I thought you meant Terminal Velocity and got excited. Is there a TV / Descent type game on Android?

You're in luck, friend! I got this on my work S7 and it runs pretty well. The controls are perhaps a bit awkward.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

hooah posted:

You're in luck, friend! I got this on my work S7 and it runs pretty well. The controls are perhaps a bit awkward.

The graphics sure looked better in my memory :sigh:

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Vista Golf is a pretty neat mini golf game with nice low poly visuals and an infinite mode along with the promise of new courses every week.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Revenge of Shinobi is the latest Sega Forever game out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bethsoft.theelderscrollslegends

The Elder Scolls Legends has just soft launched, it looks like Bethesda's attempt to cash in on the Hearthston, Gwent situation. Downloading it now to check out.