Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

If only he could get a decent actor.
Danny dies two episodes into the show after trying to impress the others by jumping over a car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
That defenders trailer looks very good. Has Punisher been confirmed?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Mr Hootington posted:

He has not - who knows if that Stan Lee trailer bit with the Punisher was from Defenders or Frank's own series.

This was posted in TVIV.

Looks like Alexandra is Gao's boss.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

They aired the premiere episode at comic Con yesterday and during panel gave answer to that: yes he is in the first scene of the show.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
thought Sigourney Weaver was dressed like a stormtrooper for a second there.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Scott Buck has been replaced with Raven Metzner (producer on Daybreak,Falling Skies,Sleepy Hollow) as showrunner in season 2 of Iron Fist.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/22/iron-fi...ialflow_twitter

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Couldn't hurt I guess.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Seems like a positive change.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Looks like he's got experience in Marvel already as he wrote Elektra! And the superhero genre, as he wrote two eps and produced on Heroes Reborn!

:whitewater:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Sleep Hollow turned poo poo in less than two seasons. Doesn't that even beat Dexter's record?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Saying 2 seasons isn't clear enough. It did it in less than 20 episodes.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Sleepy Hollow was enjoyable but Season 1 and 2 got by on two factors - a) Everyone expected it to be complete and utter garbage, so when it wasn't it surprised everyone and b) John Noble.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

lomzus posted:

Scott Buck has been replaced with Raven Metzner (producer on Daybreak,Falling Skies,Sleepy Hollow) as showrunner in season 2 of Iron Fist.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/22/iron-fi...ialflow_twitter

Not a very impressive resume, but he can't be worse than Buck.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Given what a bunch of lameos the Netflix Defenders are, am I really to understand they expect anyone to cheer them on going up against Gao and Siggsy? gently caress that noise, I hope the two old dears wipe the floor with them.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

You did not just call my man Luke Cage a lame-o.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Aphrodite posted:

Saying 2 seasons isn't clear enough. It did it in less than 20 episodes.

Yeah, but the first 13 were good, which is all he's supposed to make at the moment.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Just noticed something from looking over casting news about the Punisher series: Jigsaw is the villain, being played by Ben Barnes. They just used Jigsaw's real name, so he may or may not be going by that alias in the series.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cythereal posted:

Just noticed something from looking over casting news about the Punisher series: Jigsaw is the villain, being played by Ben Barnes. They just used Jigsaw's real name, so he may or may not be going by that alias in the series.

He probably doesn't get tossed through the window until like episode 10.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rhyno posted:

He probably doesn't get tossed through the window until like episode 10.

And then he shows up in a power suit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hey Rhyno, Tom Welling is going to be on next season of Lucifer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

Hey Rhyno, Tom Welling is going to be on next season of Lucifer.

Yeah I saw.

He'll probably get cast as an angel and then refuse to put on the wings.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Flash got Danny Trejo but Arrow got Michael Emerson.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Flash got Danny Trejo but Arrow got Michael Emerson.

Supergirl got Erica Durance.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Don't they have enough bad actors?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Don't they have enough bad actors?

RUDE.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Rhyno posted:

Supergirl got Erica Durance.

They should've kept her as Lois

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

They should've kept her as Lois

I can't argue with this. The second she showed up she was the high point of Smallville. Supposedly Snyder met with her and Welling about possibly jumping to film but knowing Welling he was an rear end about it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Erica Durance is easily the highlight of the entire series of Smallville and is probably my favorite non animated series Lois ever. I do love Noel Neill too though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Erica is not a bad actress at all, she just got a bad rap from Smallville. She was quite good on Saving Hope.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's a Canadian TV actress.

It's above soaps, but below network.

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Daredevil is the only one with a secret identity , so the only one with a costume.

But wearing a mask is part of the Iron Fist's actual uniform. The leader of his heavenly city wears a mask too. Plus it would allow a stunt man with 20 years of kung fu experience to do the fight scenes.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's very important that we see the dead emotionless face of Finn Jones at all times during fight scenes. Which is why they randomly cut to it in the middle of a punch landing like the editing version of an epileptic fit.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
There's a bunch of actors who are legit martial artists in addition to acting. I'm not sure why they didn't cast someone like that, because I'm pretty sure Finn Jones only got stuck into fight training when he was cast as Danny Rand.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
They should have cast Lewis Tan, who played the drunken fighter, as Danny. Handsome dude, he's biracial, and he's an actor, stuntman, and a trained martial artist.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

They should have cast Lewis Tan, who played the drunken fighter, as Danny. Handsome dude, he's biracial, and he's an actor, stuntman, and a trained martial artist.

Also displays more charisma in those 5 minutes than Finn does in the whole time 13 hours.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Danny Rand being a blonde white guy was apparently the most important part of his character all along.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is there some rule that Jigsaw can be the only villain in a Punisher thing?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Shou Lao isn't even in Iron Fist?

They showed those stupid red eyes so it was kind of an appearance.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Name another Punisher only villain. Him and maybe Barracuda are about the only recurring that I can think of. Otherwise it's the Gnuccis, generic mob family #23332, or some other random criminal.

Hard to have a Rogues Gallery when you kill your opponents.

Hopefully we'll the Jigsaw storyline and have Luke Cafe crossover for the best Punisher storyline ever where he got plastic surgery to look black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Medullah posted:

Name another Punisher only villain. Him and maybe Barracuda are about the only recurring that I can think of. Otherwise it's the Gnuccis, generic mob family #23332, or some other random criminal.

Hard to have a Rogues Gallery when you kill your opponents.

Hopefully we'll the Jigsaw storyline and have Luke Cafe crossover for the best Punisher storyline ever where he got plastic surgery to look black.

Imagining a story where Luke settles down and open a little coffee shop in Harlem.