Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I hit my 100K with Ancient One (Tilda), Strange, and T2 Rogers. Strange did the first minute but got unexpectedly killed with a rogue meteor and Frost Beast attack. So I switched to Sharon and she went on a roll and hit the big one.

I have to try that more going forward. Same team but with Sharon as the point. She gets the big energy buff from Ancient One and does more damage than Strange, it seems. Then Strange and Sharon popping in to freeze or throw up the healing halo could help out big.

I can never do a lot when its Combat, Speed, Universal, or Villain requirements. Lady Loki can do reasonably well, as can Elsa, but they never get much past 50K. Iron Fist and Carnage can do a little but I haven't figured Carnage out yet and IF constantly gets knocked loopy by the Beast. I should probably team him with Moon Knight and get that debuff debuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

STAC Goat posted:

I hit my 100K with Ancient One (Tilda), Strange, and T2 Rogers. Strange did the first minute but got unexpectedly killed with a rogue meteor and Frost Beast attack. So I switched to Sharon and she went on a roll and hit the big one.

I have to try that more going forward. Same team but with Sharon as the point. She gets the big energy buff from Ancient One and does more damage than Strange, it seems. Then Strange and Sharon popping in to freeze or throw up the healing halo could help out big.

I can never do a lot when its Combat, Speed, Universal, or Villain requirements. Lady Loki can do reasonably well, as can Elsa, but they never get much past 50K. Iron Fist and Carnage can do a little but I haven't figured Carnage out yet and IF constantly gets knocked loopy by the Beast. I should probably team him with Moon Knight and get that debuff debuff.

Reddit has a big up-to-date guide about all this stuff: https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/61u5hz/alliance_battle_normal_xab_teams_and_strategies/

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Yeh, this is exactly what I was asking for earlier.

Until you get Odin, T2 Robbie Reyes is p good for Universal Hero. You'll need Satana's leadership, an attack iso and ITGB obby, but if you manage your rotations right you'll stay in iframes the whole time and dodge all the meteors without having to touch the d-pad.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Finally got 5/5 on iThomas :toot:. My teams:

Snikt Bubs lead/Floki/Hulk (other than MagnetMan I don't have any of the X-Men at 6* yet so that's the best team I can muster that isn't needed elsewhere)
A1 lead/Strange/Karl
Odin lead/Thors
A13 lead/Sharog/Cap
Dormmy/Ghost Riders
Strikers: some combo of Wolverine/Strange/Odin/Sharog/Dormmy/Thanos/MagnetMan

Strange has no issue unless he gets knocked out of something and pounded; tagging out to Karl to take the meteors is the best way to avoid that. Snikt Bubs is fairly brainless and if you get in trouble just have to run around and let healing factor do it's job. Sharog and Odin require more luck than I'd like to admit, either getting a timely heal or Strange freezes Thanos at the right time. I'm happy Dormmy got the kill since I just 6*'d him and he's only lvl55 right now, with him you have to tag to avoid the meteors since he's far too slow to avoid them and when there's so much poo poo on screen it's hard to see when Thanos peaces out.

I'm fairly happy with those teams and the only one who'd look to crack it currently would be Jean Greezy and I'm nowhere close to getting her. Maybe Thanos once I've dumped another couple thousand bios into him, and depending on how Apocalypse looks he'll certainly be a candidate.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Nice work!!!

What a real American hero.

Also, all goons, we have a nice discord filled with marvel goons from this game and others. It's a fun place. Come join!

https://discord.gg/Phg3ZN

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Applied to Doctor Goons, ign SaltySteve

Trapper John
Jun 12, 2001

Kly posted:

Applied to Doctor Goons, ign SaltySteve

Can you try to reapply? I cleared out our applicants list before reading this.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

reapplied

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Nice work!!!

What a real American hero.

Also, all goons, we have a nice discord filled with marvel goons from this game and others. It's a fun place. Come join!

https://discord.gg/Phg3ZN

Can we get a new invite?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Can we get a new invite?

Absolutely.

https://discord.gg/kwuWS6

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Noice! I just got Thanos up to 6 stars earlier this week (he was my final native T2 other than Jean) and finally unlocked Jean Grey today on the same day my phoenix feathers hit the cap. Things are looking up

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

fart simpson posted:

Noice! I just got Thanos up to 6 stars earlier this week (he was my final native T2 other than Jean) and finally unlocked Jean Grey today on the same day my phoenix feathers hit the cap. Things are looking up

I should have Superb Gigante/Black Dwarf at 6* by the end of the week, which is great because it means I can stop dumping all my money into leveling up BAM and instead find other ways to waste it all. Probably through rerolling ISO sets.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I finished Wolverine yesterday and got Storm to 6*. I'll get Cyclops up by the end of the week so then I'll have all the mutants beside Jean. I guess I should probably use the T2 ticket I'll get this week on one of them and start working towards getting her, right? I don't know. I'm considering T2ing them without tickets since the Tracking missions are convenient but the Crystals are such a pain in the rear end to collect.

I got Proxima up to 5* and Level 51. I'm mainly just delaying because I don't have any biometrics I deep expendable. I should just shift some of my daily energy focus on farming Cap or Widow or some T2 I have and use them for Proxima. I just haven't focused on it. I feel like my resources are better served ranking up my roster as a whole. Every week I'm getting a couple of more Level 60s and beefing up gear, skills, and Iso. That feels more valuable to Shadowland than just spending everything I have to get Proxima.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I finished Wolverine yesterday and got Storm to 6*. I'll get Cyclops up by the end of the week so then I'll have all the mutants beside Jean. I guess I should probably use the T2 ticket I'll get this week on one of them and start working towards getting her, right? I don't know. I'm considering T2ing them without tickets since the Tracking missions are convenient but the Crystals are such a pain in the rear end to collect.

I got Proxima up to 5* and Level 51. I'm mainly just delaying because I don't have any biometrics I deep expendable. I should just shift some of my daily energy focus on farming Cap or Widow or some T2 I have and use them for Proxima. I just haven't focused on it. I feel like my resources are better served ranking up my roster as a whole. Every week I'm getting a couple of more Level 60s and beefing up gear, skills, and Iso. That feels more valuable to Shadowland than just spending everything I have to get Proxima.

Why not use the Mags BIOS? I've got like 800 of them saved up.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

I'm on the fence about how I want to T2 Punchclops/Storm/Rogue. I used a T2 ticket on MagnetMan since I was thinking he was top tier (and he ended up solving a SL problem for me so it was worth it) plus I hadn't really started grinding the gems and had the epic quest requirement. Now that I'm past all that, I feel like it's a waste if I don't use these resources to T2 the X-Men, even though the gems are a bitch to grind like you said.

My gut instinct is to be patient since I don't need Jean Greezy this second and I'm not close to having any of those three ready to be T2'd anyway, but that'll change depending on what new characters come down the pipe, especially if another round of mutants are on deck.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, that's basically my logic too. Since the mutant resources are only useful for mutants it just seems like it might be worth it to use them to T2 them instead of the tickets, where the regular T2 use BAM and Chaos Stones which I need to get up the Native T2s. The crystals take forever but they still probably come quicker than I get T2 tickets. Meanwhile I can use the tickets on non-mutants and seems like in the long run I'd get more T2 out of it.

Then again we might get more mutants and those resources will probably be useful for them. So hoarding might not be the worst idea.

I'm still a few days away from the T2 ticket so I'll probably sit down and figure out my options and run it by you guys first. Right now I'm leaning towards just being patient with the mutants and Jean since even if I use the tickets that means I don't get her for 5 months. So I might as well just get the most useful T2 now and worry about her later.

MarcusSA posted:

Why not use the Mags BIOS? I've got like 800 of them saved up.

I'm still working on getting his gear up so I'm like not even thinking about them until I got him to 4/20 and ready for T2. And even then I figure I might use them to get him T2ed. I basically just used all the bios I had for T2s or 4/20 Level 60s and got her to Level 51. So like I said, I just need to focus some of my energy on getting some Cap bios or something and just throwing them all at her. I'm in no real rush. Its just a new goal with the Epic Quests done.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Grinding Storm/Cyc/Rogue to 420 is quite the slog.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm sure it will take forever but like its easy clearable missions that deliver better than a 1:1 bio:run rate so its only 10 clears a day and you get those other materials you can't get anywhere else. So I'm just set on keeping doing the 160 energy a day on them for the foreseeable future and eventually it will happen.

Does everyone hate Beast? He never gets mentioned.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

he's hosed up the timestream like 8 separate times and he could have just told medusa that the terrigen was gonna disperse into the atmosphere. Down with beast, I say.

Edit: For real though I think it might just be that he's the odd one out -- everyone's grinding on Cyke / Storm / Rogue because they need to be T2 for Jean but Beast is unloved and unnecessary.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jul 24, 2017

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Does everyone hate Beast? He never gets mentioned.

Beast suffers from not having any connection to unlocking Jean. If Rogue was the same way she'd be left behind as well, maybe Storm and Punchclops too I haven't spent any real time with them.

also beast a bitch hth

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Also Beast is bad.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Stunt Rock posted:

Also Beast is bad.

He can clear a level in shadowlands though guys!!
And his buff can be tagged to someone else right? Maybe i got that wrong but I'm about to t2 him because he's pretty easy to steady grind

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

C. Everett Koop posted:

Beast suffers from not having any connection to unlocking Jean. If Rogue was the same way she'd be left behind as well, maybe Storm and Punchclops too I haven't spent any real time with them.

also beast a bitch hth

Ahh, I didn't realize that. I've never actually looked at the screen. Good to know to leave him for last at T2ing.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tiny Chalupa posted:

And his buff can be tagged to someone else right? Maybe i got that wrong but I'm about to t2 him because he's pretty easy to steady grind

Pretty sure he has the strongest physical attack buff at 45%.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I am debating getting back into this after months off (I am going to try with a controller). I have a bunch of 6 star tickets and some biometric tickets. Where is the best place to sink stuff now. My things of any consequence are:
6 star/mastered: Iron Fist, Loki, Sharon Rodgers

Thats it. Where else do I sink some characters in?

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.

Tiny Chalupa posted:

These are both true. He's also a superior ally to Wolverine for ABX over Welf. Beast is perfectly fine, he just got the shaft be being the one mutant not needed for Jean.

If it could have been any 5 Mutant T2s, I can tell you I would not have T2'd Storm.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Speaking of, I want mohawk Storm. 80's as gently caress.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Wizchine posted:

Speaking of, I want mohawk Storm. 80's as gently caress.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Anybody got tips for beating WBU phase 2 with the "slow" effect?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

navyjack posted:

Anybody got tips for beating WBU phase 2 with the "slow" effect?

More DPS, bithc

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

WBU pretends to be clever by having different mechanics for each boss but in the end the character balance is so bad that Sharon, Dr. Strange, and Jean Grey do so much more damage than everyone else that the real answer for literally every WBU gimmick is to just make one of those 3 characters do more damage until you get past the wall.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

It's kind of a shame because you open up Supergiant and see that her gimmick is that you're supposed to use summon based characters to kill her. Except the character balance is so bad that Dr. Strange and Sharon still do 5x as much damage as any of the summon characters even after applying an 80% damage reduction debuff. :lol:

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I have no idea who to spend my SL selctors on for once. Maybe I need to 420 Whiplash? Contemplating dumping them on Hela in the hopes that a movie costume will make her as good as she should be but that has burned me before (thanks, T2 Yondu.) Could up Angela's uniform to help Sharon out a little more. Hm.

Oh and thanks for whoever pointed out that you should collect alliance thingies in the conquest prep phase. I didn't even realise that was a thing that you needed to do, and I guess getting those to donate them is sort of the whole point of the mode. No wonder the Goonlactus alliance store is only level 5.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, the big appeal of Conquest seems like getting those points and ranking up the alliance and store. My alliance managed to jump 1 store and 2 alliance levels since we started playing Conquest.

We got our asses kicked this week, though. We grabbed about 4 regions but just kept fighting to keep them and ending with 0. I could never seem to be on during Battle Phases myself, and we just never really rallied.

But like, it cost us nothing and we still got some points and stuff, so whatever.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Man, these norn stone requirements for the epic quests are brutal. Been stalled out on the 1000 strength stone quest for X-Men and the 600 speed stone one for Dr. Strange for a couple weeks now. Just gotta keep saving up. :sigh:

For their next interface improvement, they should add a button to the story missions to use clear tickets until you have all of the bios.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Are you doing World Boss Invasion? You can get a lot of norns there.

They gave away a shitload for free sometime awhile back, I can't remember what maybe the first time Strange came out. Since then I've never had to even think about them.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
They've nerfed the chest drop rates in world boss invasion I'm sure of it.
I started to actually track as i run it 10 to 12 times a day
I average top damage in 6 to 8 matches so i get the special chest

I went from getting 3 or more rare/heroic chest daily to, best case, 2. Often times 1.
Way more basic and advanced chest now. Kinda....pissing me off.

Today for example....1 rare. 6 special basic, 2 special advanced, 1 regular advanced and 1 basic. I should be able to get in 4 more chest tonight

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I don't get jack in wbi either right now. Highest lately is one purple in probably 30 runs. Been wild.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

There is a thread on Reddit kinda bitching about the same thing.

Also shows how much I know because I didn't even know WBI was a thing. I though it was regular WB....

Guess I need to add it into my rotation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Welp, today I ranked up Thanos mastery to 6 red stars and now I have literally no use for chaos norns except those sweet natty T2 upgrades. I could convert to M'kraan crystals except I only need 10 more days of normal farming to get enough to finish off Jean's mastery but I still need 21 more farming days to get enough feathers to 6 star her. I wonder if we'll get any more chaos norn mastery characters?