Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Alpha Mayo posted:

I want the D2 Assassin. She wasn't particularly strong in D2, but she had the widest variety of fun skills. Strikes/Finishers, Traps, Mind Blast, Dragon Flight, Claw mastery/block, Shadow warriors/master, Fade, Burst of Speed, Blade Shield. The only problem is that her strikes/finishers would probably be a bit too similar to Valeera, but they can go in so many directions with her.

We were just talking about her in Discord the other day. She oculd be great as a Multi-class Assassin (of course)/Support, if only because her traps would be a great enemy team debuff mechanic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

They could have her Death Sentries so THEY COULD FINALLY GET CORPSE EXPLOSION RIGHT IN HOTS :argh:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Get the D2 druid in with a smorgasbord of pets.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Alpha Mayo posted:

I want the D2 Assassin. She wasn't particularly strong in D2, but she had the widest variety of fun skills. Strikes/Finishers, Traps, Mind Blast, Dragon Flight, Claw mastery/block, Shadow warriors/master, Fade, Burst of Speed, Blade Shield. The only problem is that her strikes/finishers would probably be a bit too similar to Valeera, but they can go in so many directions with her.

D2 trapsin was hella strong.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Blackthorne with Grenade, Combat Roll and Lean Back

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
I will not be satisfied with this game until they add Winston.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Sensual Simian posted:

I will not be satisfied with this game until they add Winston.

We got Muradin bro

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm so hyped for Garrosh you guys

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Schneider Inside Her posted:

We got Muradin bro

Is Muradin a giant ape? No, no he's not.

Personally I'm just waiting for king smug of the Koprulu sector, Mengsk. I have no idea how they're going to implement him though.

Doflamingo fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jul 22, 2017

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Doflamingo posted:

Is Muradin a giant ape? No, no he's not.

Personally I'm just waiting for king smug of the Koprulu sector, Mengsk. I have no idea how they're going to implement him though.

He could just be a reskin of Abathur, just standing there in the lane and making Zerg show up to wreck poo poo.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I would really love to see more starcraft and diablo heroes in general.

They recently released the necromancer last month so I was hoping for more diablo stuff. Baal and mephisto would be really cool. Or maybe the cow king.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
This Brawl is actually pretty amazing.

A fun one they could do next would be to have a StarCraft Brawl where the only maps are Warhead and Braxis and it randomly picks one of the three empires for your side and the enemy will be one of the other two.

Then I can finally live out my dream of a 5 man Probius team, blanketing the entire map with pylons... :allears:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Goddamn Greymane is fun. It is so satisfying leaping in and getting a killing blow out of a weak enemy that is either out of position or is running away but still close enough for me to get to. I also REALLY underestimated how good his gun can be. I've gotten so many kills from leaping out of a fray and just shooting them to death at range. It's not as satisfying as ripping someone to shreds as a werewolf but just as effective.

I did totally do this in a recent game though :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcb6eYPWltw

Worth it

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Edit: never mind

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 22, 2017

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Goddamn Greymane is fun. It is so satisfying leaping in and getting a killing blow out of a weak enemy that is either out of position or is running away but still close enough for me to get to. I also REALLY underestimated how good his gun can be. I've gotten so many kills from leaping out of a fray and just shooting them to death at range. It's not as satisfying as ripping someone to shreds as a werewolf but just as effective.

I did totally do this in a recent game though :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcb6eYPWltw

Worth it

Rolling out of wolf form and finishing an enemy with a pistol shot just totally rips. It just rips

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

If you like pro games with amazing endings, you'll enjoy Team Good Guys vs Zealots game #3: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/161129725?t=01h45m30s (go to 1h18m if you want to see the entire game including pick+ban phase)

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Fuzz posted:

A fun one they could do next would be to have a StarCraft Brawl where the only maps are Warhead and Braxis and it randomly picks one of the three empires for your side and the enemy will be one of the other two.

Then I can finally live out my dream of a 5 man Probius team, blanketing the entire map with pylons... :allears:

How about a tower defense brawl with Hammer, Probius, and Gazlowe.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Fuzz posted:

It still has the potential to drag on too long for my taste.

In my book the ideal brawl doesn't last longer than five minutes (ten at the very most) and has as little in common with regular MOBA gameplay as possible. In other words Pull Party, why did you pull Pull Party so soon Blizzard, was that your idea of an awful and heinous pun at our collective expense?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

MMAgCh posted:

It still has the potential to drag on too long for my taste.

In my book the ideal brawl doesn't last longer than five minutes (ten at the very most) and has as little in common with regular MOBA gameplay as possible. In other words Pull Party, why did you pull Pull Party so soon Blizzard, was that your idea of an awful and heinous pun at our collective expense?

The response to Pull Party was so positive I don't understand why they didn't bring it back for this final week. They should have skipped the Bloodlust one and moved the others up.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I somehow ended up with an extra Abathur hat so if someone wants one on the cheap, uhh, let me know.
Use it to become a streaming superstar.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Can I use it to terrorize my niece?

That's really cool of you. It almost justifies having another goon tournament to fight over it.

almost

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I feel more confident about my skills for a goon tournament, but way less confident for the scheduling

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Oh so I just found out they made Hanamura no longer just appear to be the worst map to the untrained eye, it's actually now explicitly the worst because sappers no longer spawn, but the core has more hit points! Good job!

Also, you know who I'd be down for as a new Diablo hero? Izual. So take whatever I say with a grain of salt I guess.

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jul 22, 2017

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

homeless hungry plz help posted:

Oh so I just found out they made Hanamura no longer just appear to be the worst map to the untrained eye, it's actually now explicitly the worst because sappers no longer spawn, but the core has more hit points! Good job!

Also, you know who I'd be down for as a new Diablo hero? Izual. So take whatever I say with a grain of salt I guess.

his trait will be that he has 8000% more hp than a normal hero

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
I'm not sure Hots can do Junkrat justice as a hero who kills guys by accident. His grenade spam must be able to miss. Maybe as auto-attacks without homing.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I hope that if they do add Junkrat to HotS, they make his trait "deal AoE damage around you when you die" and use it as an excuse to change Tyrael's trait to something that's actually useful.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

We need a hero with friendly fire for griefing purposes.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Paranoid Peanut posted:

Medivh portals is the closest.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Donnerberg posted:

I'm not sure Hots can do Junkrat justice as a hero who kills guys by accident. His grenade spam must be able to miss. Maybe as auto-attacks without homing.

His auto-attack has a small amount of splash damage, and his q fires 4 auto-attack grenades to random spots in a directional cone.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

He has no auto attack, his Q fires grenades with a 0.5 second cooldown

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

SirSamVimes posted:

He has no auto attack, his Q fires grenades with a 0.5 second cooldown

Contrary to expectations, Junkrat's hand was replaced due to the extreme RSI caused by this idea

Zagara could not be reached for comment

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
"If you ban Nova I feed"

gently caress Nova and gently caress people that have this attitude. Take it out of ranked and go to QM.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Finally managed to get one of Tychus's banana hammock skins from a loot chest. :toot:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
How to counter Genji!

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?

lucifirius posted:

"If you ban Nova I feed"

gently caress Nova and gently caress people that have this attitude. Take it out of ranked and go to QM.

Do not loving ban your own teammates' prepicks, you jackass

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Paranoid Peanut posted:

The closest thing right now involves exploding MEKAs. Stitches can hook 'em, Alarak can shove them towards a teammate.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Gustav posted:

Anyone who picks Nova in Hero League deserves to be smacked across the face repeatedly. They can pick another hero and contribute the rest of the time when enemies aren't at 10% health.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Nova is just bad, period. She's not even a good troll hero. My favorite is that she now gets rewarded for laning with bribe stacks. That's loving awful.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Gustav posted:

e: oh, and if Blizzard wanted money + to make the community happy, they could "celebrate" certain total community gem sales milestones with Azmodunk and Pull Party brawls.

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Jul 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!

You have to do what you have to do to ensure the game is viable for winning.