Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Certainly they'll just call it that but not make it be The Flashpoint story. Doesn't that require Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman/Batdad, Aquaman, everyone?

It's mainly Wonder Woman and Aquaman as "antagonists". Batdad/Joker was a side story and a fun one at they but I don't think that would make sense in a Flash focused film. So having Thomas as Batman would give them an excuse to bring back Jeffrey Dean Morgan and I'm all for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Ezra Miller went to the Justice League Panel as Edward Elric :lol:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It's mainly Wonder Woman and Aquaman as "antagonists". Batdad/Joker was a side story and a fun one at they but I don't think that would make sense in a Flash focused film. So having Thomas as Batman would give them an excuse to bring back Jeffrey Dean Morgan and I'm all for that.

Haha and another excuse to shoot the crime alley scene.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://twitter.com/joblocom/status/888845160951435264

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Anyone remember how long it took for WB to post the JL trailer online after the panel last time?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Jimbot posted:

When the heck are they making another Superman film?

Supposedly the plan right now is Aquaman and Flash next year, then Batman, Man of Steel 2, Wonder Woman 2, Cyborg, and Green Lantern Corps in that order.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Good poo poo. He's one of the best Batmens.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

hiddenriverninja posted:

Anyone remember how long it took for WB to post the JL trailer online after the panel last time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_6yBZKj-eo

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Awesome. Also holy poo poo that bank robbery at the beginning there is the alarm Wonder Woman ran off to at the end of her movie.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

you the real mvp teagone

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Word is the Flash movie is titled "Flashpoint"

Can't be any worse than TV Flash's version of it, right?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Everyone ditching Gordon but Flash is a hilarious gag. Looks great.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is that what one person was calling "them being esgy but then Flash quips"?

Cause the Batman disappearing on Gordon is the oldest joke in the book and about as edgy as a sphere.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Can't wait until the end of Flashpoint when a younger or new Batman takes over and everyone just accepts it

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Harlock posted:

Can't wait until the end of Flashpoint when a younger or new Batman takes over and everyone just accepts it

Ben Affleck debunked any rumors of him leaving the DCEU. I posted a tweet literally a couple posts up where Ben says this at SDCC.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
wheres the mullet

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
You know what would be kind of disruptively edgy--if Bruce never actually gets in costume for The Batman.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

teagone posted:

Ben Affleck debunked any rumors of him leaving the DCEU. I posted a tweet literally a couple posts up where Ben says this at SDCC.

He didn't debunk anything. He just said he likes playing Batman. I reckon it's damage control for Justice League.

Also, the opening shots of the new Justice League trailer are set where I work, which is a bit surreal.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Heimdall looks way different in this.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I'm impressed at their restraint in not showing Superman.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Mr. Flunchy posted:

He didn't debunk anything. He just said he likes playing Batman. I reckon it's damage control for Justice League.

I'm a glass half full guy.

[edit] I'd also take Ben's word over whatever film blog.

teagone fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jul 22, 2017

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Also, the opening shots of the new Justice League trailer are set where I work, which is a bit surreal.

He also said he would be a loving ape for Matt Reeves let alone The Batman

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Timby posted:

I'm impressed at their restraint in not showing Superman.

It was enough to make me wonder who that guy at the end could be if it isn't (it is) Superman.

And the "No Lanterns" drop was fun and gets you wondering (I know there's a Corps movie planned).

I haven't loved the DCEU movie so far (haven't seen Wonder Woman yet) but I'm a sucker for the world building.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

He also said he would be a loving ape for Matt Reeves let alone The Batman

Mogo confirmed

Edit: Wait, the Green lantern that's a planet and Bat-ape share a name? Surely this could be used in a pivotal scene in Nightwing v Hal Jordan, Zero Hour Approaching

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 22, 2017

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Amazing that Ben Affleck is stepping down as Batman to play Gorilla Grodd

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

STAC Goat posted:

It was enough to make me wonder who that guy at the end could be if it isn't (it is) Superman.

Shazam?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

STAC Goat posted:

Superman but he turns it to actually be the Martian Manhunter

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

STAC Goat posted:

It was Joss Whedon.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
it's Revolver Ocelot.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Burkion posted:

You want to know who the real joke is?

It's not Aquaman, it's not Black Manta, it's not Toyman

The real joke of the DCU is Hawkman.

Hawkman's power is that he can fly if he's wearing a harness with wings on it. That's it. That's all he has.

Only he looks really stupid doing it. He has the most generic power of any hero in the world, only with the benefit of also looking like a goober, AND being completely and totally outclassed in every respect by Hawkgirl, who is infinitely cooler than him.

Hawkman flies around and smashes people in the face with a loving mace. People stay away from you if your modus operandi is to swoop down and smash in someone's skull with a mace.

Also, he's Thanagarian so he's actually very strong. Oh and his mace is made out of a special metal that aides in face smashing.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Hawkman flies around and smashes people in the face with a loving mace. People stay away from you if your modus operandi is to swoop down and smash in someone's skull with a mace.

Also, he's Thanagarian so he's actually very strong. Oh and his mace is made out of a special metal that aides in face smashing.

Is the special metal called metal?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 198 days!

Hollismason posted:

There's something admirable about a people so dedicated to smashing people's faces with blunt objects that they invented a special metal to be able to fly around with huge fuckoff maces.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Hollismason posted:

I like heroes without powers, they're essentially all the Tony Hawk's of their equipment. I mean, yeah, he can "just fly". There's no way in hell I can do the same poo poo on a board with wheels on it that a pro skater could, so if a character has enough charisma I can appreciate a couple of of them who might not have the technical ability but their heart is 100% in the right place. Especially if they're the Tony Hawk of Wingsuits

That being said I don't know jack about Hawkman but "winged dude with mace" sounds dope

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Penpal posted:

I like heroes without powers, they're essentially all the Tony Hawk's of their equipment. I mean, yeah, he can "just fly". There's no way in hell I can do the same poo poo on a board with wheels on it that a pro skater could, so if a character has enough charisma I can appreciate a couple of of them who might not have the technical ability but their heart is 100% in the right place. Especially if they're the Tony Hawk of Wingsuits

That being said I don't know jack about Hawkman but "winged dude with mace" sounds dope

Also a reminder that Falcon and Vulture over in the MCU have been pulling off "dude with a jetpack" pretty well.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Penpal posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFuMpYTyRjw

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

WB/DC drawing inspiration from Alex Ross for JL marketing was a good move:

Beautiful.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Justice League: for all the people that loved the battle with Ares but thought the moustache was too silly.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

teagone posted:

WB/DC drawing inspiration from Alex Ross for JL marketing was a good move:

Beautiful.

The colour in this is gorgeous.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Shneak posted:

Justice League: for all the people that loved the battle with Ares but thought the moustache was too silly.

The mustache was the best part of the character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Gordon has a pretty mean mustache. Does that mean...!!!

• Locked thread