Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Skyridge posted:

Also, are the cryst drops from enemies for the current story dungeons fixed?

From my experience it's random but from a preset pool. I've been doing Where Memories Intertwine (75 energy) and it just gives me black, white, and green crysts. When I tried the 80 energy one it gave me support, power, and guard (and I'd assume tech is a possible drop as well). I usually get 10 alcrysts, 6 milcrysts, 2 heavycrysts, and 1 giancryst but it isn't guaranteed. iirc my worst was 6/6/4/0 from Where Memories Intertwine.

e: added quote for snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
does emperor keep his stacks if he dies? I'd assume no but... Gumi

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

MohShuvuu posted:

does emperor keep his stacks if he dies? I'd assume no but... Gumi

Your assumption is correct. He loses the stack from a basic attack, guarding, or dying. Everything else lets the stack stand.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Exdeath daily. Wondering if I should just keep them all now to make an Arena team.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I had my wisdom teeth pulled yesterday so I sat down through the night with my painkillers and a bleeding bandage stuffed mouth and killed the stupid loving robot.
It took 4 hours before I failed at the last bit of health because I got complacent and started using Repeat (apparently hitting Repeat after a unit has died doesn't actually make them repeat if they're not bugged so Tilith ended up attacking instead of reviving). Second attempt was 3 hours and pretty boring.

I am no TM macroer nor do I have rainbow chainers so I went with Zargabath's Berserk cheese strat. Most of the damage came from Ace's max damage TriBeams.

Thanks to the friend Rems supplied by Bisque and TipME.
First part, damaged both arms to near death. This alone takes an hour or so. Noctis needs to be permaautorevived and there's a possibility anyone else can explode to boot. Luckily Archadian Light and HyperNullAll are pretty great for defense.
Second part, after killing the arms and berserking the robot, is just reviving whoever's dead, hitting Aigaon, and replenishing MP. Turns out the thing about Berserk is that those afflicted will only attack the same enemy over and over again, even if said enemy dies, which means it just spent every turn one shotting someone then hitting its corpse 7 times. With Tilith, Rem, Noctis and Rikku, I had more full revives than I could ever need. Just had to do 10 million HP in damage at around 50000 every other turn...

Also after that I decided to do a celebratory two ticket pulls on the new banner and got a rainbow!...2nd Zargabath.

Mr. Swoon posted:

Your assumption is correct. He loses the stack from a basic attack, guarding, or dying. Everything else lets the stack stand.
I'd assume "Casting another spell" would also break the stack?

AegisP posted:

My condolences :P
That must be a Rainbow Lunera right? A rainbow Helena shouldn't exist.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

HGH posted:

I'd assume "Casting another spell" would also break the stack?

Casting another spell doesn't break the stack unless you mix a stacking spell and a nonstacking spell using dualcast. Dualcast comet, fine. Dualcast curaja afterward, mulitplier remains. Dualcast curaja and comet, it'll wipe your modifier. No, we don't know why.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

hagie posted:

Exdeath daily. Wondering if I should just keep them all now to make an Arena team.

He's actually a pretty good unit for explorations too!

Looks like Cerius/Kefka/Terra are the top tier for A rank missions but Exdeath/COD/Bartz/Firion/Luka/Seven/Vaan make up the second tier.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mr. Swoon posted:

Doesn't this mean he loses his stacks on every threshold from the boss, or is that generally survivable for him if you have hypernull and stat buffs running?

HGH posted:

That must be a Rainbow Lunera right? A rainbow Helena shouldn't exist.

Yes I meant Lunera. Didn't notice the mix-up since getting both preferred units back to back was pretty great.

I also got Rikku #2 and Tidus back to back on their banner. :v:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Could use some enhanced friend Ace help if anybody can post theirs.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!

Cartoon Man posted:

I can put mine up, not the best equipped but he has tribeam +2 and spirit hand +2.

078 457 474

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

BGrifter posted:

He's actually a pretty good unit for explorations too!

Looks like Cerius/Kefka/Terra are the top tier for A rank missions but Exdeath/COD/Bartz/Firion/Luka/Seven/Vaan make up the second tier.

I have 2 already. Used to have 3 but smooshed one months back when I only had like 75 unit slots.

Both have +1 meteor awakening right now.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Ugh, it's not gonna happen with Ace. Anybody got a whale Lunera they can put up?

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
I switched back to my Lunera. She's not super TM'd out but she's pretty good. If you just used my Ace though, it'll be a bit before you can use my unit again.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Beat the robot trial yesterday with a team of Rikku / Tiith / WoL / Maxwell / Fryevia / friend Fryevia. I went with the Body > Right Arm > Left Arm strat and only really ran into trouble when the body died and Rikku stopped being able to use her auto revive LB. Got all missions too, which is great.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

I'm still working on the Tri-Beam Laser, will have it in the next day or so (need it for my own attempt with a friend Emperor.)

Tengama
Sep 6, 2011
Managed to do the robot fight in about 4 hrs over 3 sessions using a variation on this strat:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6ofx86/global_aigaion_megathread/dki0r6q/

I don't have Eileen so I used my Emperor and a Tanky (7200~ HP) friend Zarga. My Rikku and Cecil have Maxed LBs and Cecil had his cover Awakened to +2 and Rikku had the Overdrive fist equipped which the link didn't mention. Only things I had to do different were:

I had WoL do a Cycle of Brave Presence on the turns Rikku used her LB then either attack for crystals or Reapply Eccentrick or Armor Breaker I also had him with a first strike materia for the counter chance but for the most part it went off so rarely I would have been better off with another HP materia since he died unexpectedly a time or two.

Friend Zarga would Attack for Crystals 100% buff emperor or recover mana.

Emperor just threw fire from below for up to 440k~ if Armor Breaker and Zargas buff was on him and it took about 8-10 minutes per arm my caster gear isn't great so I only had about 740 mag and 5300 HP, he never really came close to death until the Body phase so I could have probably lost some HP for some more mag.

Other than that pretty much as the link describes if I had to emergency Rez for some reason I just used a phoenix down so I didn't screw up the no-magic reward. Twin Lance might be a better weapon for Cecil using this strat but I didn't think to try that at the time. And very rarely Rikku wouldn't have the Crystals needed to reapply her LB in time so I made sure to have Emperor go last each turn so I could reset the app to change attack order for different crystals but this only happened twice and I probably could have just attacked with Emperor to get the crystals but I wanted to be safe.

With Zarga Cecil and WoL being able to counter Rikkus LB was usually available on demand so it was mostly just Nuking with emperor until the 3rd phase where I would have to make sure Rikkus Lb and Hyper NulAll were up and when he charged his threshold attack as long as Cecil and WoL defended they would only take about 3k damage but Emperor would die and reset his stacks and only get a few stacks back before the next one would charge up. Once the body was at half if I had both defensive buffs up I would have Rikku use her water attack to weaken the World Breaker so emperor would live and keep his stacks but you can only do that 3 times which should be enough at that point. When the world breaker wasn't weakened everyone but WoL Cecil and Zarga would die so I would have Cecil and Zarga do their LBs the next turn so Rikku start with Synthesize to get Hyper NulAll back up asap and then do her LB in time for the next threshold.

Probably forgot some things but overall it was just a slog where there was no danger at all for the majority of the fight. I can post exact gear used if it helps anyone.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

The Eight Sages of Hess!?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Tengama posted:

Managed to do the robot fight in about 4 hrs over 3 sessions using a variation on this strat:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6ofx86/global_aigaion_megathread/dki0r6q/

I don't have Eileen so I used my Emperor and a Tanky (7200~ HP) friend Zarga. My Rikku and Cecil have Maxed LBs and Cecil had his cover Awakened to +2 and Rikku had the Overdrive fist equipped which the link didn't mention. Only things I had to do different were:

Who got hit with left fist each turn and how did you handle that?

Tengama
Sep 6, 2011

BDawg posted:

Who got hit with left fist each turn and how did you handle that?

WoL would use Brave Presence to take it on the turn Rikku used her LB and then Cecil would cover him so no chance of death after standing back up then next turn it was Zarga taking it so WoL could Reapply Eccentrick or Armor Breaker and by then Rikkus LB would be back up to repeat.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Tengama strat sounds good for me, I just need to grind out Rikku's TM. I have a zarg but no emperor, anyone got a beefy emperor they want to share with me? He seems like the best DPS for this trial if you don't plan on chaining.

My id is 939,299,078, I think I'm sharing Rikku atm but it's usually a beefy Orlandueo.

a penus
Aug 14, 2004

see you next mission
I've been lurking for a while, but I figure it's time to get carried until I can carry.

If you get any requests to fight in the vortex that's me. My Amelia's... full level? I've got a Yda with duallies that I can put up too. I haven't killed Gilgamesh yet so I'm hopeful I can cheese him with some friends.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

a penus posted:

I've been lurking for a while, but I figure it's time to get carried until I can carry.

If you get any requests to fight in the vortex that's me. My Amelia's... full level? I've got a Yda with duallies that I can put up too. I haven't killed Gilgamesh yet so I'm hopeful I can cheese him with some friends.

You are full, my dude. My Fohlen can carry Gilgamesh.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Picked up Bushido (finally) using your Fohlen - thanks. Got to like 25% pretty quickly with dual Setzers, so it wasn't too bad auto'ing out the rest of the fight.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

I just got back into this game last week after being absent since October, and I could use some help with team composition as well as who to focus on awakening. Right now I have:

At six stars:
Lunera
WOL
Cheese

6 star capable
Luneth
Dark Fina
Sea breeze Fina
Setzer
Cecil
ExDeath x2
Firion x2
Snow
Sozhe
Xon
CoD
And a few others I'm probably forgetting about. Any advice?

a penus
Aug 14, 2004

see you next mission

Weird, I pruned my list a boatload before I posted, and when I tried to add you last night you were full too. All good now, sent you a request. I wonder if it takes a while to update friend lists or something.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

purkey posted:

I just got back into this game last week after being absent since October, and I could use some help with team composition as well as who to focus on awakening. Right now I have:

At six stars:
Lunera
WOL
Cheese

6 star capable
Luneth
Dark Fina
Sea breeze Fina
Setzer
Cecil
ExDeath x2
Firion x2
Snow
Sozhe
Xon
CoD
And a few others I'm probably forgetting about. Any advice?

You have some really great units there. Get Luneth up, he just got his enhancements and is the new 'hot poo poo'. Dark Fina is really good as well. Sea Breeze Fina is almost as good, but lacks enhancements.
That being said, if you just got back in you'll be missing the extremely irritating to farm enhancement materials so this is for down the road.
Get Xon up as well, he's going to help farming those materials and is considered pretty broken in general. Literally broken, his buff steal is something Gumi did not code properly for.

I'm seeing a distinct lack of healers though, I hope you pull a Refia or something while she's on-banner again.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Thanks for the info! Figured I got pretty lucky drawing 3 5 star bases on free pulls.

Edit: not the daily pulls, just stuff I had left over plus the anniversary tickets

Edit2: would Fina even be worth awakening as a stop gap healer?

purkey fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 23, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

a penus posted:

Weird, I pruned my list a boatload before I posted, and when I tried to add you last night you were full too. All good now, sent you a request. I wonder if it takes a while to update friend lists or something.

Should be good to go now. I was full last night when I saw your post and kicked someone with no Goony message.

Voodoo posted:

Picked up Bushido (finally) using your Fohlen - thanks. Got to like 25% pretty quickly with dual Setzers, so it wasn't too bad auto'ing out the rest of the fight.

I was carried to where I am now by goons like Dana, Tenlade and Fenrir; I'm happy to help.

Kalas posted:

You have some really great units there. Get Luneth up, he just got his enhancements and is the new 'hot poo poo'. Dark Fina is really good as well. Sea Breeze Fina is almost as good, but lacks enhancements.
That being said, if you just got back in you'll be missing the extremely irritating to farm enhancement materials so this is for down the road.
Get Xon up as well, he's going to help farming those materials and is considered pretty broken in general. Literally broken, his buff steal is something Gumi did not code properly for.

I'm seeing a distinct lack of healers though, I hope you pull a Refia or something while she's on-banner again.

See Breeze Fina is only a little better than regular Fina, who is acrtually decent now that she has her 6* kit and enhancements. (Much cheaper Cheer, a cheaper Curaja-strength Curaga, the addition of Esuna, Curaja, Raise, and an ability which is Curaja plus 3/4 of an Esunaga.) Like Refia, the only weak point there is a lack of Dualcast. You can get her some sweet equipment in the Vortex too.

Fina (or Sebreeze Fina) are ok to use for healing for now if you don't have someone like Rem or Tillith.

Dangerous Hotdog, I'm trying to attempt this robot boss today, did you have any special TMR loadout on your Robocop Down team? I don't have Rikku's pouch yet, I'm just wondering how to generate enough LB crystals to keep her limit break up.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

See Breeze Fina is only a little better than regular Fina,

Seabreeze Fina is based on Dark Fina not regular Fina.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Oh, I have beach time Fina anyway. Got them mixed up

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Y'all are thinking of beach time Fina.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

E: need to refresh first.

Wyrmthang
Nov 30, 2014

As dry as it gets!
So I'm just starting out and got my first 5k Lapis through play, besides some friend slots what should I buy/save this for?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Wyrmthang posted:

So I'm just starting out and got my first 5k Lapis through play, besides some friend slots what should I buy/save this for?

1/2 price daily pulls and TM farming. Priority will depend on what TMs you have and whatever the banner is.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I'm really glad I'm not paying for these daily pulls, because after getting 4 Rikkus in a row I haven't gotten a single hold, only trash blues who don't even have a worthwhile TMR.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I will be a little annoyed at not having a pull every day but if there's anything this free daily has taught me it's that I'm not doing another daily pull again.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Ugato posted:

I will be a little annoyed at not having a pull every day but if there's anything this free daily has taught me it's that I'm not doing another daily pull again.

Someone phrased it in a way that made some sense to me. Assuming 100 NRG lapis refreshes (so rank 60?) a 250 lapis daily pull represents 12.5% TMR.

So you'd weigh whether a random pull is worth more to you than two and a half 5% Trust Moogles. More if your energy cap is higher of course.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
A big thanks to Tengama's Emperor for doing like 99% of the damage in my 5 hour run against the robot (including a 30 minute break for lunch).

My team was WoL, Tilith, Rikku, Zargabath, Maxwell, plus Tengama's Emperor.

My big regret was leveling up Maxwell to use as bait for the left arm's hit. The self-raise strategy worked early on, but pretty quickly she was being killed at the same time she self-raised, so I just had Rikku full raise her every turn. I'll never do this trial again, but if I did I'd suggest just taking a normal heavy hitter as bait. Of course, I had Zargabath able to restore 200 MP per turn to Rikku, so running out of MP from spamming her full raise was never a problem.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

BGrifter posted:

Someone phrased it in a way that made some sense to me. Assuming 100 NRG lapis refreshes (so rank 60?) a 250 lapis daily pull represents 12.5% TMR.

So, on average, how many lapis am I looking to end up spending if I just run Nox (or Memu) overnight? How much will it take to 100% a single character? I'm new to the thought of macroing and wondering if I can still macro for TMRs while staying f2p, and if so, how often I'd need to cool off the burners to replenish my stocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

BGrifter posted:

So you'd weigh whether a random pull is worth more to you than two and a half 5% Trust Moogles. More if your energy cap is higher of course.

Just to be clear, you need to be macro farming, and have 5 desirable TMRs on the team to reach that number since the 12.5% is shared equally among those 5.

• Locked thread