Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toblakai
Jul 11, 2017

Can they put a single promotional video without a vehicle spazzing out frantically?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Toblakai posted:

Can they put a single promotional video without a vehicle spazzing out frantically?

All signs point to no

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Meridian posted:

Don't ask questions, commando.
Did you really pee yourself on live television?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Kromlech posted:

I think it is better that it remain a mystery.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I love that shillizens are desperate for ANY kind of positive exposure.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I want whatever job these guys have that throwing $230 at a stupidly designed hatchback jpeg is no big deal.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Meridian posted:

I want whatever job these guys have that throwing $230 at a stupidly designed hatchback jpeg is no big deal.

What is the average salary of an auditor in Germany anyhoo?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Meridian posted:

Living on government handouts because you're too autistic to interact with the general public isn't really a job

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Kromlech posted:

My #1 brother doesn't haven't that issue.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Colostomy Bag posted:

My #1 brother doesn't haven't that issue.

:grin::respek::)

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
New thread title, oh gently caress is gorf back?!

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Fargin Icehole posted:

New thread title, oh gently caress is gorf back?!

He's back baby. One of the first things he did was make a slick infographic that caused the Citizens to poo poo themselves. Check the July blog for updates.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Why do they always use arguments that can, without any effort at all, be turned right back around onto them? (Projection of paranoia mayhaps)

Gremlich, you have no idea the new and interesting ways CIG are loving up your game because you have no knowledge of what they are doing, in their open development behind closed doors, you're not only dismissed, you're loving shitcanned mate. :D

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/uomJzJQ.gifv

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Kromlech posted:

It's the first semi-Star Citizen leak I wish didn't happen.

Good thing it was not Derek 'streaming' the leak, we would have had to let him fucken finish.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Kosumo posted:

It's the first semi-Star Citizen leak I wish didn't happen.

Good thing it was not Derek 'streaming' the leak, we would have had to let him fucken finish.

Another goonspiracy. Unfortunately my drunk rear end already got you killed last night, so I can't engineer a tragic accident for you today.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Physically based rendering is what'll be done to Ben when he's dead

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Wow you filmed us over at Beet's place? I thought we'd agreed not to

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
After Shitizens read the PC Gamer article and wank themselves into a stupor over being able to alter movement speed with the mouse-wheel 2 things slowly dawn on them...

1. Every game with movement control on an analogue stick already has a better system than this.
and
2. You very rarely, if ever want to do anything other than 'as fast as possible' or 'as slow as possible'.

Idiots.

http://i.imgur.com/qYo4VMh.gifv

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

nawledgelambo and everyone else watching the stream, the CIG guy is about to get triggered pretty nasty ;) we alligned a good amount of people for this

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Anything new since the loan?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Guys is 3.0 out yet I just sold all my stock holdings and cashed in my pension

Seriously I cannot wait to throw all my savings at Chris Roberts and co simply because he is the greatest developer of our time

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Sappo569 posted:

I cannot wait to throw all my savings at Chris Roberts and coutts simply because he is the greatest developer / bank of our all time
fixed that 4 u

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

edit: the stuff from that twitch link is gross and shouldnt matter to anyone. sorry for the mess, will make sure to watch out better in the future

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jul 23, 2017

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
:stare:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Goons ruin everything.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Combat Theory posted:

edit: the stuff from that twitch link is gross and shouldnt matter to anyone. sorry for the mess, will make sure to watch out better in the future

Be careful a little, commando. We tend to not get involved with personal sordid lives.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jul 23, 2017

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Combat Theory posted:

dafuq just happened? dafuq did I just read?
dafuq is up with nibbling?

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Colostomy Bag posted:

Be careful a little, commando. We tend to not get involved with personal sordid lives.

Yes sir, i only heard about this story going down shortly before as well, thought it was a good highlight about how weird this community stuff goes at times in the SC world (also the story was pretty big in the pvp community half a year ago, i wondered nobody catched it before)

should i remove the links then?

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Combat Theory posted:

I dont really see any sexual harassment just two nerds grossly sexting but thanks im all hot and bothered. maybe im reading wrong tho

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Meridian posted:

Goons ruin everything.

but Derek called it

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

I dont really see any sexual harassment just two nerds grossly sexting but thanks im all hot and bothered. maybe im reading wrong tho

yeah the guy who posted that imgur Link to chat mentioned that in a comment that got deleted, but i cant seem to find anything either.... Just a weird happening all together

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Apparently the dude posted the imgur gallery of his own volition, so I'd say it's fine to leave up. Let's just make sure we don't get lost in the weeds trying to find Lando's dick pics or burn Wilkie at the stake or whatever.

This is at best a sidestory highlighting how lovely some of the people working at CIG are, please don't get weird with it.

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jul 23, 2017

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Combat Theory posted:

Gross poo poo

This kind of stuff absolutely does not belong in the thread. Or any thread. Please try to remember that there should be a lot of distance between "I don't like this video game" and "It's okay to post creepy poo poo about people even slightly involved with this video game."

Megabound posted:

Anything new since the loan?

Uh, two articles came out saying the game is great and real with no actual evidence. Multiple delays announced, no real gameplay has been shown. Basically just keeping on. Beet perfectly predicted that their next sale would be a stealth truck with combat capabilities, based solely on the name "Tumbril," which was pretty amazing.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Beet Wagon posted:

Apparently the dude posted the imgur gallery of his own volition, so I'd day it's fine to leave up. Let's just make sure we don't get lost in the weeds trying to find Lando's dick pics or burn Wilkie at the stake or whatever.

This is at best a sidestory highlighting how lovely some of the people working at CIG are, please don't get weird with it.

Thanks a lot, i really did not intend to have it go down into weird territory, i was also hoping for something more entertaining than weird when a few of my old buddies messaged me saying that "stuff was going down in that twitch chat". I also knew the story of Wilkie and the Backers girl for almost a year now, so i really thought it would be more about him loving up the pre work for Gamescom since hes live event coordinator or something like that.

Ill vet the stuff i link better in the future, sorry if i caused any inconvenience with that

edit: deleted the original Post in question to avoid any further controversy

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jul 23, 2017

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

What the hell is the PVP community? Is the non PVP community the people who push the vending machines?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Combat Theory posted:

Thanks a lot, i really did not intend to have it go down into weird territory, i was also hoping for something more entertaining than weird when a few of my old buddies messaged me saying that "stuff was going down in that twitch chat". I also knew the story of Wilkie and the Backers girl for almost a year now, so i really thought it would be more about him loving up the pre work for Gamescom since hes live event coordinator or something like that.

Ill vet the stuff i link better in the future, sorry if i caused any inconvenience with that

It's fine. The problem with semi-related personal "drama" posts is they tend to start a weird shame spiral for the thread where posters go digging into peoples' personal lives and stuff, and it basically just ends with everyone here covered in poo poo. I guess where I'm sitting here is if it were me I'd probably remove the link to the imgur album and /refunds post - anybody who wants to find it still will, I'm sure - but I can also see why it's semi-related, even if it doesn't really offer up any shocking revelations about CIG staff.

e: I think you did the right thing. Thanks, buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Star Citizen community was rather strongly divided between PvP players and anti PvPers (i purposley dont say PvE since the discussion wasnt about "whats cooler" but rather about outright banning or otherwise disallowing actions of player versus player content outside of Arena Commander)

that siege mentality over the years lead to the pro/active PVP community quietly segregating from the rest.

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jul 23, 2017