Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Henchman of Santa posted:

People are leaving Lupe off the list because he makes terrible creative decisions that overshadow his skill as a rapper

This. Lupe is an excellent MC, but bats terribly on beat picking on about half of his albums, and can get distractingly melodramatic (he's been on "my next album is the last one" since the Cool.) That said, there's no denying he can deliver really clever, layered bars with the best of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

man this acoustic Thugger album is terrible

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

Scum gently caress Flower Boy is so drat good.

*extremely Jaden Smith voice* I had to switch gears on 'em

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Agenda for Saturday:
Thundercat
Noname
Erykah
Tribe
Frank

Gonna be a good day.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Lol tetuso and youth maybe have been my album of the year it came out. Maybe. Thing was so graceful.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/TheShadeRoom/status/888582859958636544

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Dexo posted:

Lupe Vids
You don't even have to go back that far man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MwGonCb8Qg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR84Yo41DxI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxDHFZ8irwk

Seriously Lupe's probably the only dude I'd say can compete with Kendrick if they both at their best. He's not always the best at picking beats (although it's hard telling how much that was him or his label) and yeah he's really overdramatic and kinda an rear end but dude can rap his rear end off.

Honestly it seems all the Chicago non-drill rappers kinda have a dramatic streak in them.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbk5qNH9Jgg

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

So the album is REALLY never coming out now

Shiiiiiiiit

^^^^^ Dude can rap in that video, respect.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
the more i listen to Scum gently caress Flower Boy the more i'm impressed with it. that production is so lush and good on the ears

so many good rap albums this year jesus, i said this like a month ago i'm still caught off guard by it.

Princeps32 fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jul 23, 2017

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Princeps32 posted:

the more i listen to Scum gently caress Flower Boy the more i'm impressed with it. that production is so lush and good on the ears

so many good rap albums this year jesus, i said this like a month ago i'm still caught off guard by it.

agreed, i haven't stopped spinning Flower Boy since it leaked, it's probably my AOTY so far tied with the Big Fish Theory.

i'm still surprised at how well he matured, i listened to Goblin the other day and it's like hard to believe it's the same artist.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

He posted a video a while back of him in his bedroom making a beat that was pretty cool.

highme
May 25, 2001

Princeps32 posted:

Protest music the best music.

Real talk, my favorite part of this thread is the new jacks putting me on to poo poo I wouldn't hear otherwise. Regardless if I push repeat or not.

This post brought to you by faded old man Highme.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

No prob, cuz.

highme
May 25, 2001

Also, Busta is here filling like you do.

highme
May 25, 2001

Erykah's doing (a) Mobb Deep jam.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Paperback Writer posted:

man this acoustic Thugger album is terrible

You're an idiot it's amazing. Fix your ears and/or brain

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
every single thugger album since b6 has had me listen to it once, maybe twice, acknowledge that it's really good and then never listen to it again while throwing a few loosies in rotation.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Marching Powder posted:

every single thugger album since b6 has had me listen to it once, maybe twice, acknowledge that it's really good and then never listen to it again while throwing a few loosies in rotation.

Congratulations. Admitting you have a problem is the first and most important step

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
I loved Jeffrey but the new record isn't sticking. I dunno, maybe after time it will click

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Nobody is talking about that Thug album anywhere

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

RBX posted:

Nobody is talking about that Thug album anywhere

This right here is the biggest indication that the album is legit amazing

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

its not amazing its very forgettable and jeffrey is a 10/10

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

40 lbs to freedom posted:

its not amazing its very forgettable and jeffrey is a 10/10

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
i wouldn't go as far as forgettable, has a few great tracks and one honestly genius one right up front, but i cherry picked those and dont go back to the album as a whole.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Yeah that's exactly how I feel.

Brent87
Nov 7, 2009
I'm feelin' Meeks new album

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Beautiful Thugger Girls is great imo, it's solidly been in my rotation over older Thugger for a while (along with that song with Chance). Seriously grew on me. Skip maybe 2 tracks
Family Don't Matter thru Me or Us is perfect to me, I've just been skipping the snoop dogg track & some other stuff

I know people who rank it as their fave Thugger album which is weird to me, but I definitely enjoy it

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jul 23, 2017

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Family Don't Matter, She Wanna Party, Daddy's Girl, and Relationship are all in constant rotation from BTG but I will still throw the whole album on and listen all the way through since it flows pretty well.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
She Wanna Party, Me or Us, and Take Care are on my general playlist and thats about all I still listen to off Beautiful Thugger Girls. It's a good album though. I listened to it probably 20-30 times through over the course of two or three weeks which is a lot for me.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Wait how is family dont matter not on your playlist fool

highme
May 25, 2001

Status

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Hell yeah bro. Killer mike give any cool speeches or anything

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Am i the only 1 who thinks El-P is a better rapper than Killer Mike?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
YES THE gently caress YES

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

el=p can't even stay on his own beats

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

My bros y'all my dolls and I'm just fuckin wit ya

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
All RTJ albums should have just been R.A.P Music 2/3/4

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
RTJ is real hiphop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I like El-P but I like Killer Mike a whole lot more. His parts of pretty much any RTJ song tend to stick with me more