Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Grondoth posted:

Why do we keep doing this

dont say we

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Grondoth posted:

identity politics is a privileged distraction.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Grondoth posted:

the group if people in charge of the country hasn't changed in 40 years

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/888870534699765762

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

slave labour 2020 or you're racist

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Well actually Modi is woke now.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Taintrunner posted:

the "WOW you're just criticizing her cause she's a woman" accusations from 2016 liberals will become "WOW you're just criticizing her cause she's black and a woman" in 2020.

:shepface:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

Also running another safe blue coastal state democrat who doesn't a clue about the rest of the country and thinks coding boot camps will solve everything

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
iron stache/iron sheikh 2020

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Scent of Worf posted:

the "WOW you're just criticizing her cause she's a woman" accusations from 2016 liberals will become "WOW you're just criticizing her cause she's black and a woman" in 2020.

:shepface:

"I'd vote for Nina Turner, though."

"You only want to vote for her because she doesn't have any power."

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
She supports asset forfeiture too, it seems pretty much any politician with a law enforcement background has the taint.

http://www.montereyherald.com/article/NF/20150223/NEWS/150229908

quote:

From drug-selling rings in Salinas’ Chinatown to corruption scandals with more than $10,000 at stake, the Assembly bill introduced Monday would allow prosecutors to seize assets before initiating criminal proceedings — a power only available at the federal-level — if there is a “substantial probability” they will file a criminal complaint.

“It would let us get (assets) before they are gone, before the defendants have a chance to react and hide it,” said Berkley Brannon, chief assistant district attorney for Monterey County, who supports the bill.

The bill comes a month after U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder sharply limited a civil asset forfeiture program that had come under bipartisan scrutiny. A number of ideologically opposed groups, including American Civil Liberties Union, The Institute for Justice and Americans for Tax Reform, have all criticized forfeiture programs, particularly when no criminal charges are filed.

The bill is being sponsored by Attorney General Kamala Harris, who has focused on battling transnational criminal organizations. Harris said those groups have made California the biggest point of entry for methamphetamine trafficking into the United States, adding that this bill could equip local and state law enforcement with tools to “dismantle these dangerous organizations.”

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i'm fairly certain more stuff is going to come out of her time as AG. california's prison system is a literal hell on eath

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

MaxxBot posted:

She supports asset forfeiture too, it seems pretty much any politician with a law enforcement background has the taint.

http://www.montereyherald.com/article/NF/20150223/NEWS/150229908

It's pretty crazy how much stuff our favorite piggies have sized using the broad asset forfeiture laws.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

punk rebel ecks posted:

Secret of Nimh is overrated. Come at me!

You son of a bitch.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i'm fairly certain more stuff is going to come out of her time as AG. california's prison system is a literal hell on eath

dumb leftists gonna perpetuate a lot of right-wing smears again :smug:

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Yeah that's why I wouldn't really be thrilled by a Jerry Brown candidacy either even if he wasn't so old, I really want a candidate to get serious about criminal justice reform for once.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

dumb leftists gonna perpetuate a lot of right-wing smears again :smug:

only the accurate ones

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Probably Magic posted:

enjoy this article from a literal cross-eye

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nina-turner-our-revolution-president-from-democrat_us_595a4413e4b0c85b96c66373

quote:

Meyerson went on to ask “And how will Our Revolution relate to progressives within government who didn’t back Bernie, like Sherrod Brown and Tammy Baldwin, if they go on to seek reelection?” Her response is an indication of what is clearly self-destructive about both Nina Turner and ‘Our Revolution’. She said about those two successful and respected progressives “If they want Our Revolution’s endorsement they will seek it like everybody else and so they gotta start with the local affiliates, and if the local affiliates say that this is the person that we want to back, then there it is. There it is.”

So ‘Our Revolution’ isn’t about supporting progressives or helping people learn how the system works so they can move forward progressive change. Rather it is about catering to groups of local activists, often self-indulgent, to the point of taking action that actually hurts the causes they believe in. To bring about change one has to understand the system; understanding how Congress works. Like it or not when it comes to Congress there are only two parties, Democrat and Republican. If you don’t work to support one of them you are helping the other. We saw that in the last Presidential election and we saw it in 2000 when we ended up with George W. Bush.

quote:

One must wonder what turned Nina Turner from a rational Democrat who won her legislative seat running as a Democrat in Ohio to the irrational person she appears to be today.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Well since democrats are so good at getting elected and also right now have a lower favorability rating than Trump.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
thread title owns btw I highly approve

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
https://twitter.com/nataliesurely/status/888476323840012288

https://twitter.com/marcushjohnson/status/888825677608353793

https://twitter.com/DanRiffle/status/888827788349853696

https://twitter.com/DanRiffle/status/888828262968938496

liberals.... what are they even good for?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Scent of Worf posted:

liberals.... what are they even good for?

Defending capitalism.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Struggle sessions.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

marcus is such a loving joke lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

MaxxBot posted:

I used to mock this book title but maybe he was right?

I've been sorely tempted to post it unironically

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

my pitch for beauty and the beast 2 involves aristocrats dueing the french revolution creating a rose bush from cuttings of the magic rose and using it to imbue an army of beast soldiers to oppress the revolution and belle and the former beast take up arms to fight alongside the poor and oppressed

belle is a crack shot w a rifle and at the end of the movie the lead villain stumbles into the rose bush and is turned into a sentient guillotine thats uses to execute the rest of the elites

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Squizzle posted:

my pitch for beauty and the beast 2 involves aristocrats dueing the french revolution creating a rose bush from cuttings of the magic rose and using it to imbue an army of beast soldiers to oppress the revolution and belle and the former beast take up arms to fight alongside the poor and oppressed

belle is a crack shot w a rifle and at the end of the movie the lead villain stumbles into the rose bush and is turned into a sentient guillotine thats uses to execute the rest of the elites

Isn't this just Les Miserables?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

docbeard posted:

Isn't this just Les Miserables?

there are influences yes

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'd watch it

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

:bagl:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
:saddowns::saddowns::saddowns:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Trevor Noah is basically the late night comedy equivalent to a bad dem

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

etalian posted:

Trevor Noah is basically the late night comedy equivalent to a bad dem

Isn't that exactly what he is though.

A bad dem who happens to be on late night comedy

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Defending capitalism.

That implies they're doing a good job.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

MizPiz posted:

That implies they're doing a good job.

It doesn't matter if you're doing something well so long as you're still winning.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It doesn't matter if you're doing something well so long as you're still winning.

winning by default is still winning, i guess

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
:five:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Probably Magic posted:

Best response would be : "But I want her to :unsmigghh:"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Yinlock posted:

winning by default is still winning, i guess

default reality winner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
meanwhile, in a state that has absolutely no democratic presence outside of memphis, nashville, chatanooga, or knoxville:

Tennessee Inmates are Being Offered a Horrifying Choice: Jail Time or Sterilization

god bless this mess

• Locked thread