Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I skip most seasons because going from killing millions of things at once to pew pewing a handful of mobs while you grind to 70 is insanely boring. I enjoy it once I max out and can work on sets though.

Basically, how long does it take for goons to hit God tier so I can skip this poo poo with a 5 minute powerlevel? I may just wait until then because I made it to level 10 before wanting to gouge my eyes out of boredom. Only lovely thing is I'm really bored and have tons of free time this weekend so I was hoping to binge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
There's been PLing all day.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

George posted:

You use the skill like any other spender. They're basically energy twisters.

They are affected by the affixes on rathma and Jesseth sets that boost minion damage. But I understand your point and you're not wrong. They're not interactive at all.

Hakarne posted:

I skip most seasons because going from killing millions of things at once to pew pewing a handful of mobs while you grind to 70 is insanely boring. I enjoy it once I max out and can work on sets though.

Basically, how long does it take for goons to hit God tier so I can skip this poo poo with a 5 minute powerlevel? I may just wait until then because I made it to level 10 before wanting to gouge my eyes out of boredom. Only lovely thing is I'm really bored and have tons of free time this weekend so I was hoping to binge

Im currently the rank 70 crusader in NA and doing GR55 or so.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Thanks to this thread I saved the challenge rift for my seasonal character and got a 4-second skeleton mage ring - thanks thread!

What do I do with it now? I assume it's such a huge raw DPS increase I'll use it until I'm 70, but now that I'm level 40 (I don't get to play very much just 45 minutes to an hour a night) do I save up to sacrifice it to the cuuuuube?

(also got a puzzle ring rocking a boon of the hoarder at lvl 40)

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

Bust Rodd posted:

Trapped at work for a few more hours, wondering what to do next.

I have my 6pc Tal Rasha & Starfire. I feel like I don't need to farm RORG yet because I have no Vyr's yet. So what should I do? My plan was to farm Nephalem Rifts for Bloodshards and Griftstones until I have 25-30, then probably by then ill be ready to farm A1 caches until my RoRg drops. Any other Wizards wanna weigh in?

Conflicting Reddit reports says 24 is still too low to roll a Manald Heal at Kadala and that it wont drop until 27, anyone weigh in on that?

I gambled a Leoric's Signet on a lvl 4 character and that ring has a lvl req of 12. Assuming that your "gamble level" is at least your current lvl + 8, you can gamble up to a Manald Heal (req lvl 24) and a bunch of other rings:

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/manald-heal

e: List of Kadala drops by lvl and class

http://d3planner.com/game/kadala

e2: Looks like gambling will always consider you to be at least lvl 16 if you're below that.

mirarant fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jul 22, 2017

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Bust Rodd posted:

Trapped at work for a few more hours, wondering what to do next.

I have my 6pc Tal Rasha & Starfire. I feel like I don't need to farm RORG yet because I have no Vyr's yet. So what should I do? My plan was to farm Nephalem Rifts for Bloodshards and Griftstones until I have 25-30, then probably by then ill be ready to farm A1 caches until my RoRg drops. Any other Wizards wanna weigh in?

Conflicting Reddit reports says 24 is still too low to roll a Manald Heal at Kadala and that it wont drop until 27, anyone weigh in on that?

In practice you're going to need quite a bit more than just an RoRG to get Tal'Vyr going anyway. You'll also require at minimum Fazula, the Swami, ORotZ, Manald, possibly In-geom or SS depending on spec, a level 25 Gogok and ~55% CDR. I would stay in TR6 until all those pieces start to come together and build around what you already have.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
What's the difference between support barb and support monk and who's cooler? And is it even worth playing a support build if you arent pushing hella high GRs

i guess more specifically, what is a cool thing to play with 2 necro friends. ;-)

whalestory fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jul 22, 2017

mewse
May 2, 2006

Tom Tucker posted:

Thanks to this thread I saved the challenge rift for my seasonal character and got a 4-second skeleton mage ring - thanks thread!

What do I do with it now? I assume it's such a huge raw DPS increase I'll use it until I'm 70, but now that I'm level 40 (I don't get to play very much just 45 minutes to an hour a night) do I save up to sacrifice it to the cuuuuube?

(also got a puzzle ring rocking a boon of the hoarder at lvl 40)

Yeah skelmage ring will be great cube fodder at 70

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Character update: I am the #32 demon hunter in the world as of shutting down the game

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This is one of the funnest features I've seen in D3 yet. Just the arcade ladder without all the time spent grinding is pretty much what I wanted in this game.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Jul 22, 2017

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

MrSargent posted:

Huh, just saw the Necro set and its a minion based set with the final bonus being Skeletal Mage....ugh. I am having a ton of fun with the Necro class but that is disappointing.

It's not too bad, the mages simply add a damage bonus, so you can focus on a different minion for your primary dmg source if you like. The dmg bonus applies to all minions

whalestory posted:

What's the difference between support barb and support monk and who's cooler? And is it even worth playing a support build if you arent pushing hella high GRs

i guess more specifically, what is a cool thing to play with 2 necro friends. ;-)

Monk is easiest and most crucial. It fulfills the tank/healer role, except I find easier than other mmo's because all the heals are passives.

Barb is probably the hardest role to do well, it's the rift prep role. Barb's job is to scout the map, find elite packs, primarily provide IP and group up mobs. If a barb sucks pretty bad, it can ruin a whole rift since the barb doesn't deal dmg at all, so it'd be like a dead weight.

If you're three, the safest role is a monk. Also if you've never seen a barb in action, don't try to make one. You really need experience in order to play the role even a little bit effectively

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

Today I learned that you can in fact make the necromancer dance! Just bind cannibalize to numbers lock and watch his pent up sexual frustration disappear.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

Brain In A Jar posted:

The belt doesn't matter so much, because to properly utilise it with Rathma's, you need to swap out one of your slots for Decripify, which means losing out on a) mobs dying at 15% HP, plus 15% bonus damage from summons, b) a great, versatile movement skill, or c) the ability to devour corpses for essence.

The only way I can see around this is slotting the cube ability that makes your Cursed Scythe apply all curses, but even then it's pretty iffy in terms of large scale mob application.

Since I'm not using esoteric alteration for my group gr70 runs where we stick together all the time, I traded the blood teleport for decrepify, and instead of running the passive frailty rune I run the one that increases damage from all sources by 15%. I further pervert this with the stone of vengeance so I can stay a bit safe in the background. I've been having a lovely time dps wise so far.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dross posted:

They are affected by the affixes on rathma and Jesseth sets that boost minion damage. But I understand your point and you're not wrong. They're not interactive at all.

Im currently the rank 70 crusader in NA and doing GR55 or so.

I just got the 4 piece Roland's last night . It's stupidly awesome

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Is the LLJK community hosed up for anyone else? I can't connect

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just got 6 piece Roland's for crusader . :stare:

It's pretty awesome .

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
So having done this challenge rift and having 300 bloodshards on my lvl 7 seasonal wizard, what is my best gambling strategy?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Wow, Leoric's crown+ring and the Cain Set 3 piece bonus got me from 22 to 53 in about two hours just doing regular rifts on my wizard.

I still haven't gotten any of haedrig's gifts though, I can't decide which class to do it for.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So how long does a season last, again? I might pick up necro soon, wanna know if its alright to wait a bit or if I should get on that poo poo

sfmarine7
Aug 26, 2004
hey, how's it going
Seasons typically go for 2-3 months, but a lot of players seem to taper off after a few weeks and the initial power spike.

No time like the present for killing the demon mans dead with your skelly mans.

:getin:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

sfmarine7 posted:

Seasons typically go for 2-3 months, but a lot of players seem to taper off after a few weeks and the initial power spike.

No time like the present for killing the demon mans dead with your skelly mans.

:getin:

Aaand only the first seasonal character of a new season can get a legendary set?

edit: Torment III as a WD is insane, i can't chuck spiders fast enough to save my life. maybe seasonal was a mistake, maybe i'll overcome it

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jul 22, 2017

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Playing WD the first time this season and got the angry chicken set. Holy poo poo what a fun way to play. I can't actually survive above T7 with it but it's so satisfying to go maximum speed.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Had a green Amulet drop, check my inventory, yep, Blackthornes.
Identify it and it's an Ancient that's actually an upgrade!
Only time this Season that's going to happen.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
alright, what's a season journey and how do i complete it?

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
Press shift+J in game.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

spit on my clit posted:

alright, what's a season journey and how do i complete it?

It's a check list of Objectives, the primary point of which is to get your 6 pieces of Set Armor!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Cubed the first Puzzle Ring I found, and Greed was nice enough to drop Reilena's. :getin:

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Honestly, I think the biggest problem with skelemages isn't that you have to summon them often. After all, you spent a goodly portion of your time as a summoner in D2 just resummoning skeletons that had died or wandered off.

No, the big issue I have with the spell is that it's completely feedback-less and without impact. In doing my GR20 I was using Scythe of the Cycle mages, and in the heat of battle I often could not tell if my button presses were doing anything at all.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol my seasonal DH is the queen of RNG, 7 or 8 goblin packs, a trip to whimsyshire, and 2 pieces away from a GR80 build

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I need a golden flense so bad !!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Give me a skull ring you stupid bitch

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

euphronius posted:

I need a golden flense so bad !!

Seconding that. I've upgraded a few 2H Flails, but just got junk so far.

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

spit on my clit posted:

Aaand only the first seasonal character of a new season can get a legendary set?

You can actually save the Haedrig's Gift with two set pieces for some other character to open. What character opens it determines which set items show up. I leveled up a Barbarian for now after picking up the game after a while when season started, and opened the first two packages for set items. Once I had finished the quests for the third bag I already had fifth piece as a drop and spares I could reroll for the missing piece with Kanai, so the one pack is waiting in the bank for whatever class I level up this season next (if any).

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Man how is the Necromancer Blood Lance build suppose to be top tier on Icy Vein, I was enjoying my Skeleton mage spam build, but this bloodlance build just seems clunky?

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Fat_Cow posted:

Man how is the Necromancer Blood Lance build suppose to be top tier on Icy Vein, I was enjoying my Skeleton mage spam build, but this bloodlance build just seems clunky?

Its a cooldown oriented build. You need to time both major cooldowns and use it only when you find an elite pack. The rest of the time is spent blood teleporting to find the packs and if you have found one and your cooldowns are not up, you find another one and drag it back to the first so you can execute them both with the same cooldown.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bottom Liner posted:

Give me a skull ring you stupid bitch

Confirming Diablo is indeed back on his and/or her bullshit.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

MikeC posted:

Its a cooldown oriented build. You need to time both major cooldowns and use it only when you find an elite pack. The rest of the time is spent blood teleporting to find the packs and if you have found one and your cooldowns are not up, you find another one and drag it back to the first so you can execute them both with the same cooldown.

Man that seems boring, is the Skele mage spam build the only "Murder everything" one?

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Fat_Cow posted:

Man that seems boring, is the Skele mage spam build the only "Murder everything" one?
Most Inarius builds are probably going to clear everything too.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Fat_Cow posted:

There are a variety of speed run necro builds that will clear T13 with ease given the right gear. The Blood Lance build is to my knowledge the proven top solo GR right pusher right now. Though there is a Rathma's build that has potential to be even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

First of all, thanks to the kind goon that leveled me to 70 - that is my least favorite part of seasons.

Second, I decided to roll a DH since I played the poo poo out of necro in NS. I was planning on going UE multi and then grinding marauders for my final build, but then I got a hellcat waistguard and decided to give grenades a try and... Holy poo poo! I always hated the grenade skill, but the way UE nades plays is somehow more fun than leapquake barb to me. You literally fly around the map with vault dropping cluster bombs, and with perma vengeance I feel like I'm roleplaying a medieval A-10 warthog.

Brrrrrrrrrt *boom boom boom boom boom*