Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Guy Mann posted:

Going off of the response to Twin Peaks: The Return this is exactly what a lot of people want, apparently.

All the Twin Peaks fans I know are super happy with The Return tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Slink just killed someone over a dispute over the usage of the Oxford comma.

Blood Drive is the best show and I need more episodes NOW :allears:.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

There was like a whole Fontana/Wolf thing for awhile there where it seemed like there were only like 100 actors in the world or something. I fell out of those kinds of cop shows after awhile but at the time it was like watching soap operas trade actors and actresses around.

My secret favorite was New York Undercover.

It's called east coast based actors. It's not like there's some secret society, it's just a much smaller talent pool to pull from. That's why you when you look up an actor's IMDB they've played like five different characters on Law & Order.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Popelmon posted:

Slink just killed someone over a dispute over the usage of the Oxford comma.

Blood Drive is the best show and I need more episodes NOW :allears:.

There's nowhere to watch it online, is there? :(

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

precision posted:

There's nowhere to watch it online, is there? :(

Syfy.com?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Is one of those sites where you can only watch it online if you already have the means to watch it on TV.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DivisionPost posted:

Book it: Gus and Shawn are drawn back to Santa Barbara because somebody shot Lassie.

Incorrect. Everything takes place in San Francisco.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

precision posted:

Is one of those sites where you can only watch it online if you already have the means to watch it on TV.

I think I've brought this up to you before and you had some moral thingy against it, but my man, you have done your due diligence. You tried watching their ads and they just didn't want you to see them.

That "sign in with your $120/mo cable bill info" thing is complete horseshit and networks that do it rather than put their content on hulu/whatever deserve to have their poo poo pirated

EDIT: forgot a few of these :colbert::colbert::colbert: peppered throughout

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC7IMj7WFyE

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Norwegian Rudo posted:

It's called east coast based actors. It's not like there's some secret society, it's just a much smaller talent pool to pull from. That's why you when you look up an actor's IMDB they've played like five different characters on Law & Order.

Yeah, you have a similar thing going on with Vancouver based actors on TV now.

If you don't move out to LA, you do a lot of the same TV shows.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lurdiak posted:

There's no loving way it'd get greenlit if that's what the show was about. And you absolutely wouldn't need to set it in alternate earth to make that point. It's going to be Game of Thrones but with plantations.

Just make it The Handmaids Tale: Louisiana

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgS2L7WPIO4

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Spoilers! :)

I'm going in cold, when is it out ?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Not my trek :qq:

Looks like it could be good. At least it has a budget unlike most scifi shows

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Rocksicles posted:

Spoilers! :)

I'm going in cold, when is it out ?

October 27

Also, yeah that trailer for Trek looks good, but it felt like a movie trailer.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I like the new uniforms. When Roddenberry made TNG he made the costume people use spandex because he thought it was futuristic and those costumes ook like a synthesis between that and the actual modern style of synthetic clothing like UnderArmor that we have now.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Dwight Schrute looks like he's playing Q type character. It looks kind of good.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Mu Zeta posted:

Dwight Schrute looks like he's playing Q type character. It looks kind of good.

He's playing this guy:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The lead is also apparently Spock's adopted sister, that has never been mentioned before.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Timby posted:

He's playing this guy:

I've never seen OG trek but as long as it's a character that doesn't take things too seriously and brings some drat levity to the show then I'm all for it. Enterprise was either too drat earnest or 100% grim dark that it was suffocating to watch. Did we really need 20 episodes about the loving Xindi, Brannon Braga you hack gently caress.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

muscles like this! posted:

The lead is also apparently Spock's adopted sister, that has never been mentioned before.

Wouldn't be the first time he had a half-sibling he never talked about. :v:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

There's precident for spock having siblings he never mentioned.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Westworld Season 2 Trailer

Gonz fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jul 23, 2017

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
^^^ Ixnay with Youtube Landmines. Chuck a title in blud.

I'm looking forward to the fallout from #notmytrek.

The closest i've ever come to watching TV Trek was once after some kush cookies, thankfully i found something shiny to play with.

I obviously watched the Chris Pine versions. Because, it's Chris Pine.
Do i watch this?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Did you guys not see...ANY of that? Why aren't we talking about this?

Holy drat poo poo.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Mu Zeta posted:

I've never seen OG trek but as long as it's a character that doesn't take things too seriously and brings some drat levity to the show then I'm all for it. Enterprise was either too drat earnest or 100% grim dark that it was suffocating to watch. Did we really need 20 episodes about the loving Xindi, Brannon Braga you hack gently caress.

The Harry Mudd episodes of the OG show were fun, Space Schrute is a great take on that character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTimw6IYM_o

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lmaoooooo that dune buggy shot.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rocksicles posted:

Do i watch this?

The behind-the-scenes drama has given new meaning to the term "massive clusterfuck" and after the broadcast premiere, it's exclusive to CBS All Access. So ... no.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I hope they spend more than one episode in their Ghostbusters costumes.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Stranger Things trailer was really good. To the point where I'm pretty certain they shoved all the best parts of the season in there.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Timby posted:

The behind-the-scenes drama has given new meaning to the term "massive clusterfuck" and after the broadcast premiere, it's exclusive to CBS All Access. So ... no.

It's a network show?

hahahah. Hard pass.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If you live anywhere but America it is going to show up on Netflix.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Rocksicles posted:

It's a network show?

hahahah. Hard pass.

No. It's going to be online only. They'll probably throw in some swearing to show that they are big boys.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Holy gently caress! Holy gently caress! HOLY gently caress!

Vincent Price! Dragon's Lair! Thriller! Ghost Trap!

I want to believe I'd be this excited even if it weren't for 80s nostalgia but its so hard for me to get past that amazingness!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

If you live anywhere but America it is going to show up on Netflix.

My region is irrelevant, i work outside of the system.

Mu Zeta posted:

No. It's going to be online only. They'll probably throw in some swearing to show that they are big boys.

Wait, wot? how's that a working?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Rocksicles posted:

CBS doesn't know how to do the streaming thing, and they think this will make people subscribe to their streaming service.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rocksicles posted:

The first episode of Discovery airs on CBS following NFL football and 60 Minutes on September 24. The next episode goes up on CBS All Access immediately after the premiere is over, and then new episodes will be released for the next six weeks; the show then takes a break until sometime in January or February (this hiatus is almost assuredly to buy more production and post-production time), when the final set of the season's episodes will be released on a weekly basis.

Outside of North America, the show will go up on Netflix, but no one knows when. Presumably it won't be until the entire first season is done, since Netflix doesn't do staggered releases.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's cute

CBS Boardroom: "Netflix has this streaming thing locked down and wah gwarn with that Star Trek thing" "I got you fam, hold my beer..."

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Timby posted:

The first episode of Discovery airs on CBS following NFL football and 60 Minutes on September 24. The next episode goes up on CBS All Access immediately after the premiere is over, and then new episodes will be released for the next six weeks; the show then takes a break until sometime in January or February (this hiatus is almost assuredly to buy more production and post-production time), when the final set of the season's episodes will be released on a weekly basis.

Outside of North America, the show will go up on Netflix, but no one knows when. Presumably it won't be until the entire first season is done, since Netflix doesn't do staggered releases.

Netflix does night of/day after releases for several shows, even those with hiatus. Just depends what kind of deal other countries have with the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

You only never see Netflix do staggered releases if you're American.

• Locked thread