Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So if Captain Marvel is from the 90's, and she'll show up for Infinity War, it's either that she's left Earth for this long of time, or will have something to do with the Infinity Stones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I'm really curious how they're gonna explain (if they're gonna explain) how there was an alien conflict involving SHIELD in the 90's, and when an alien conflict involving SHIELD happened again 20 years later, nobody ever thought "Gee, we're assembling a team of heroes to deal with this threat. I wonder if Carol's around?"

I'm not doubting, just curious what the story is gonna be that explains her absence until (re)appearing in Infinity War.

Codependent Poster posted:

So if Captain Marvel is from the 90's, and she'll show up for Infinity War, it's either that she's left Earth for this long of time, or will have something to do with the Infinity Stones.

Seems likely. I wonder since she's got some involvement with SHIELD and she's doing space stuff, if we might get SWORD in a movie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jamesman posted:

I'm really curious how they're gonna explain (if they're gonna explain) how there was an alien conflict involving SHIELD in the 90's, and when an alien conflict involving SHIELD happened again 20 years later, nobody ever thought "Gee, we're assembling a team of heroes to deal with this threat. I wonder if Carol's around?"

Maybe she isn't.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

Maybe she isn't.

Maybe YOU aren't. :colbert:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Lawrence Fishburne? That's another stolen DC actor.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jamesman posted:

Seems likely. I wonder since she's got some involvement with SHIELD and she's doing space stuff, if we might get SWORD in a movie.

Wait, I thought SWORD was confirmed Fox?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The Marvel panel started with Michael Pena's Ant-Man character doing an entire recap of the MCU so far. I want this video now.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm really confused because I thought Fox had the Skrull rights?

I'm also wondering how the 'Captain Marvel is set in the 90s' thing is going to work as mentioned...

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

X-O posted:

The Marvel panel started with Michael Pena's Ant-Man character doing an entire recap of the MCU so far. I want this video now.

Nah, it was Rudd and Pena as themselves talking to Pfieffer to catch her up on the movies.

quote:

Well, first the screen went black, leading to a video of Paul Rudd and Michael Peña — as themselves, not their Ant-Man characters — humorously recapping every movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe thus far (though Iron Man 2 seemed to be skipped, and The Incredible Hulk was glossed over: “I actually never saw The Hulk, Rudd said).

Following a recap of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Rudd said now that the person he and Peña was talking to off-camera now knows everything she needs to play Janet Van Dyne — with the reveal that they were talking to Michelle Pfeiffer, who said that the MCU sounds like a “total sausage fest.” Evangeline Lilly appeared and agreed, saying she was glad that Pfeiffer was there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm also wondering how the 'Captain Marvel is set in the 90s' thing is going to work as mentioned...

Fox has any named skrulls, like the Super Skrull. Marvel has the species.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Marvel has rights to Skrulls. Fox has rights to certain named Skrulls like Super-Skrull or Lyja.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

FlamingLiberal posted:

James Gunn confirmed a while back that Skrulls are shared rights like the Maximoff twins.

Fox only has exclusive rights to specific Skrull characters like the Super Skrull.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Weird. Didn't they first appear in a Fantastic Four comic?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

In English!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue80QwXMRHg

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Codependent Poster posted:

Nah, it was Rudd and Pena as themselves talking to Pfieffer to catch her up on the movies.

Aww. That would have been so loving awesome if Pena was in character lmao.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

FlamingLiberal posted:

and the Maximoffs first appeared in X-Men.

It's not so much when they appeared as who gets packaged with what set of rights.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

FlamingLiberal posted:

First appearances don't mean anything. See also: Black Panther.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yes and they were turned into cows!

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Magic Sword in a Marvel Trailer?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G02wKufX3nw

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Perry Normal posted:

There's a Thor trailer I think is new. They're taking down English but this Russian(?) one is still up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLV3WWF_sig
I wanted there to be more Jeff Goldblum to see if the Russian VA tries to imitate his voice

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Rhyno posted:

I'm not trolling and I've yet to be an rear end in a top hat to anyone about this discussion. I'm being very positive because all these announcements got me hype as gently caress!

Give it time. We can wait.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

TFRazorsaw posted:

James Gunn confirmed a while back that Skrulls are shared rights like the Maximoff twins.

Fox only has exclusive rights to specific Skrull characters like the Super Skrull.

Can't wait for Avengers 5: Secret Invasion wherein the Avengers fight The Mega Skrull with the powers of Firestar, Hulk, Ms. Marvel and uh Athena Parthenos.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
HULK SPEAK SO GOOD

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Can't wait for Avengers 5: Secret Invasion wherein the Avengers fight The Mega Skrull with the powers of Firestar, Hulk, Ms. Marvel and uh Athena Parthenos.

Firestar is part of the X-Men rights.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That Thor trailer, holy poo poo

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

HULK SPEAK SO GOOD

They said on the panel he's been in Hulk form for two years straight and so he talks with the cadence of a two year old.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat the music and graphic effects in that Thor trailer are incredible.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

God drat the music and graphic effects in that Thor trailer are incredible.

Jack Kirby is smiling down on that movie.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

"what were you the god of" is right out of the mouth of Gor, right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Jack Kirby is smiling down on that movie.

Thor 3 is proof that Jack/God loves us.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Rhyno posted:

Thor 3 is proof that Jack/God loves us.

I love this poo poo so much more than the Justice League trailer. Marvel is going nuts and it's great.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Just for that trailer alone I've forgiven them for Dark World.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Perfection.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

:black101:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jesus Christ I'm absurdly excited for this. Also that orange aura around Hela in that one scene might suggest we're seeing the Soul Gem here.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
If Captain Marvel is set during the 90s, then it better have a big dumb 90s soundtrack.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I just watched it again and caught Korg, who I missed the first two times.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I just watched it again and caught Korg, who I missed the first two times.

He wasn't orange so I wasn't sure it was him.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
So it looks like they combined Hela with Enchantress, I also appreciate them showing off more Norse Mythology in this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do we know if Sif and the Warriors 3 are still in it?

• Locked thread