Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UHD
Nov 11, 2006

logikv9 posted:

im deadly serious about jeb

are you cheating on buttigieg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

terror sweat you wont get probed now because there has been too much bloodshed already

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the one hour challenge still stands tho

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

UHD posted:

are you cheating on buttigieg

why can't I have both

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

and i need to probe myself now for malarkying up the place like that

real sorry rudatron

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
This poo poo is getting arbitrary, gonna start building the guillotine.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Squizzle posted:

the one hour challenge still stands tho

probe me daddy

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Squizzle posted:

wtf i probed rudatron by mistake

rudatron when you get back pick anyone you want and tell me and ill probe em to pay you back

Really Squizzled this one

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

MizPiz posted:

And you guys said the Dems don't have their priorities in order.

https://twitter.com/TPM/status/888812897161314305

lol

the Dems are killing the Iran deal for the sake of showing up Trump by being Tough On Russia

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006
Burn down the capitol during the next state of the union imo

So am I finally on a list now or what?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

time to look up the nearest dsa chapter

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Squizzle posted:

and i need to probe myself now for malarkying up the place like that

real sorry rudatron

Dat leper colony though. :woop:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

I Am A Robot posted:

Burn down the capitol during the next state of the union imo

So am I finally on a list now or what?

we're all on lists bruh, be proud

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by the way it was me, that bag of burning catshit on your lawn was me mr nsa man

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Malcolm Gladwell, RuPaul, Samantha Bee, Marc Cuban, Jeb Bush.

Democratic Party is thriving!

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Frijolero posted:

This poo poo is getting arbitrary, gonna start building the guillotine.

we're gonna need a bigger guillotine

https://twitter.com/CobraKeiser/status/888972299105435648

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

i would see rupaul

rupaul loving owns

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
At this rate JEB! is probably too left-wing for the Bad Dems.

They should have clapped...

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Fallen Hamprince posted:

10,000 leftists on twitter immediately start complaining about how dems are bad because they don't attribute 100% of the blame for the loss on russia

I had my doubts about Schumer but I can honestly say he isn't the absolute worst choice for minority leader.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah this poo poo is Rent Collecting to the extreme.

Take that fuckin' money and make a better world with it.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

:lol: Apple's phones are overpriced pieces of poo poo and they pay their employees so little that suicide is a better option, but they have $200B dollars collecting dust.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Rand alPaul posted:

:lol: Apple's phones are overpriced pieces of poo poo and they pay their employees so little that suicide is a better option, but they have $200B dollars collecting dust.

Pretty much because they're waiting for another repatriation holiday like in 2004 to bring in their overseas money tax-free back into the US (when they will promptly give yuge and luxurious dividends and buybacks to their shareholders).

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Squizzle posted:

wtf i probed rudatron by mistake

rudatron when you get back pick anyone you want and tell me and ill probe em to pay you back

Squizzle posted:

terror sweat you wont get probed now because there has been too much bloodshed already

nice try loser, you probably just didnt have another jungle fury gif

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Horseshoe theory posted:

Pretty much because they're waiting for another repatriation holiday like in 2004 to bring in their overseas money tax-free back into the US (when they will promptly give yuge and luxurious dividends and buybacks to their shareholders).

Seems like if the government wants the money that they are rightfully owed, black-bagging board members would be a better option.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Seems like if the government wants the money that they are rightfully owed, black-bagging board members would be a better option.

Alternatively, they retire from office and become lobbyists/partners for these very firms and collect the money for themselves.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I wanted to thank whoever it was that recommended The Myth of Pruitt-Igoe. I watched it last night, and it was a powerful documentary. I learned a lot.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Jeb! wants free guac for all while Dems insist on a means-tested guac tax credit

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

MaxxBot posted:

Jeb! wants free guac for all while Dems insist on a means-tested guac tax credit

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I liked that Scottish economist guy who basically asked how many divisions the Bahamas had because eventually some country was going to invade it to get back lost tax revenue.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

MaxxBot posted:

guac is gross

gently caress jeb

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

UHD posted:

guac is gross

gently caress jeb

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

meanwhile, in a state that has absolutely no democratic presence outside of memphis, nashville, chatanooga, or knoxville:

Tennessee Inmates are Being Offered a Horrifying Choice: Jail Time or Sterilization

god bless this mess

jfc

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Rand alPaul posted:

Malcolm Gladwell, RuPaul, Samantha Bee, Marc Cuban, Jeb Bush.

Democratic Party is thriving!

Quick reminder that Malcolm Gladwell made his career by lobbying for cigarette companies.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Quick reminder that Malcolm Gladwell made his career by lobbying for cigarette companies.

Hahah wow I've never heard of this.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
Weird I thought Bernie Bros were the racists but everywhere I look all I see is bad dems still chasing the mythological moderate republicans.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Jill Stein is doing a great job with the Green Party in organizing people towards her party's vision since the election. they sure have been very visible since the election.
it was also kind of weird that there was no big long lasting event that people organized to protest the DAPL pipeline so the media pretty much ignored it

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Rand alPaul posted:

Hahah wow I've never heard of this.

http://shameproject.com/profile/malcolm-gladwell-2/

quote:

During college, Gladwell received journalism training at the National Journalism Center, an outfit that worked with the tobacco industry “to train budding journalists . . . to get across our side of the story," according to an internal Philip Morris document.

After college, Gladwell worked at the right-wing American Spectator, the Moonie-owned Insight and a neocon-Christian fundamentalist thinktank called the Ethics and Public Policy Center, which was “established by neoconservatives to promote an increased role of religion in public policy and turn back the influence of secularism.”

In 1990, a Gladwell article in the Washington Post warned that laws banning cigarettes could “put a serious strain on the nation’s Social Security and Medicare programs.” For evidence, Gladwell cited an old “study” churned out by a thinktank with known connections to Big Tobacco.

He's as mercenary as they come.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

comedyblissoption posted:

it was also kind of weird that there was no big long lasting event that people organized to protest the DAPL pipeline so the media pretty much ignored it

tfw the establishment figured out it shouldn't help u protest the establishment :(

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Rand alPaul posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Rand alPaul posted:

I liked that Scottish economist guy who basically asked how many divisions the Bahamas had because eventually some country was going to invade it to get back lost tax revenue.

too bad that's probably about as useful as https://youtu.be/Sj5HdGjvXcE

still worth a try though

• Locked thread