Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

they got rid of the skills slogan

wapo posted:

“A Better Deal: Better Jobs, Better Wages, Better Future” is the new slogan hatched after months of strategy sessions on Capitol Hill and late-night dinners at Washington restaurants hosted by Schumer, Pelosi, Jeffries and other rank-and-file House and Senate lawmakers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Causation or Correlation?

punk rebel ecks posted:

Secret of Nimh is overrated. Come at me!

Captain_Maclaine posted:

You son of a bitch.

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
40% of voters hate (or are "dissatisfied") with both parties and register non-partisan. The Democrats poll worse than Trump. The Democrats in power are entrenched and plan on staying that way. Most people are fed up with the garbage system we have. Trying to "save" the Democratic Party through "infiltration" is a good strategy why?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
its not, join DSA and watch the democrats burn over the next three years

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Abel Wingnut posted:

they got rid of the skills slogan

it's an improvement (still too complicated and almost certainly not backed up with any specifics) but lmao that it takes the people who claim to be our best and brightest six months of intense effort to come up with "a better deal"

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

extremely excited for someone to ask pelosi or schumer what policies they are proposing to give people better jobs and wages and they'll hem and haw and say each person running can come up with ideas that suit their district

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

What is with his selective use of italics? Like why is July 4th, Winston Churchill, and Secretary of State italicized?

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I've been meaning to.....

One of my buddies goes to ISO meetings in Seattle, and says they are v good. Turns out that they meet super close to my home, so I will deffo be going to those.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
"the uber tent at the dnc"

https://twitter.com/KateAronoff/status/888919403760431107

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Shear Modulus posted:

it's an improvement (still too complicated and almost certainly not backed up with any specifics) but lmao that it takes the people who claim to be our best and brightest six months of intense effort to come up with "a better deal"

its like the new deal except instead of social safety nets its a small raise and only if you pay 100k for a college tuition

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

off in the corner bernie sanders is making that :| face

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

I'm a cuckold for the Zuckold!

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Shear Modulus posted:

They came up with it in an hour over lunch but the colsultants stretched it out to keep the grift going.

But well, it's slightly better I'll give them that

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Jesus Christ

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Only bad dems would think vets being forced to do horrible gig economy jobs is a good thing

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

Y'all are freaking out over a slogan when all the details are going to come out on Monday.

Like, I'm not optimistic here, it will probably end up being neoliberal poo poo, but let's actually wait until we find out what the platform is before we poo poo all over it. It seems like they're trying, in their own little bad dem way.

E: VVV Nevermind, I take it all back.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/status/888870999583637504

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

:yikes:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mark "real billionaire" Cuban lol

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Taintrunner posted:

mark "real billionaire" Cuban lol

he was a big part of the Clinton campaign

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
yeah hillary brought him to one of the debates to piss off trump or something. of course he brought some of bill's accusers so :smugdon:

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
When Pence is president, his inauguration address will just be "I call it The Aristocrats"

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Joementum posted:

he was a big part of the Clinton campaign

thank god she did, President Clinton didn't stand a chance unless she gained the approval of the billionaire class

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol and bad dems wonder why working class voters don't trust them?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

my main hope is that thers a bunch of stuff going on in state/local parties +activist groups so ill wait till the aftermath of 2018 to pull out.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Malcolm Gladwell?! My god. The Dems are such poo poo.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

talib kweli is good

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Talib nooooooooo! Turn left turn left!

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007

Squizzle posted:

talib kweli is good

he must be the compromise to the Sanders wing

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

I have never heard of Ozy before but holy gently caress is it bad.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Ah. So this is hell.

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007

Rand alPaul posted:

I have never heard of Ozy before but holy gently caress is it bad.

lol Malcolm Gladwell all over the site

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Jeb!

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Squizzle posted:

my pitch for beauty and the beast 2 involves aristocrats dueing the french revolution creating a rose bush from cuttings of the magic rose and using it to imbue an army of beast soldiers to oppress the revolution and belle and the former beast take up arms to fight alongside the poor and oppressed

belle is a crack shot w a rifle and at the end of the movie the lead villain stumbles into the rose bush and is turned into a sentient guillotine thats uses to execute the rest of the elites

Is there a musical number with the sentient guillotine?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Probably Magic posted:

Ah. So this is hell.

nah, there's no more room there, this is the dead walking the earth

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lmao that Samantha Bee is ok sharing a stage with loving jeb "no abortions for developmentally disabled rape victims" "20-week ban" bush

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

#resistance

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Still can't believe H.W. named his child Jebbard

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Frijolero posted:

Still can't believe H.W. named his child Jebbard

Jebebiah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

please clap

• Locked thread