Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm quitting fantasy sports writing because everyone needs your opinion but nobody wants to pay you so congrats on being the last vestige of hot hot tight end takes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Hightower did a great job fantasy wise last year that last month

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
In goon fish bowl, all of the positions are almost equal, so a TE or a QB is a viable first round pick.
Despite this, David Johnson went first overall in all four divisions

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Drunk Nerds posted:

In goon fish bowl, all of the positions are almost equal, so a TE or a QB is a viable first round pick.

Yeah, I'm just looking over the rules and of course I'm the third pick. DJ still should go first. If he does 80% of what he did last year, he is a monster.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

So we have two openings in the Blounts and Fortes dynasty league. Teams available are Nawid and subforums hero Beer4TheBeerGod. First claims in the thread are in.

Dynasty madness

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
So, is there an app for MFL? I'm doing the GFB, and I'm finding their site incredibly ugly and impossible to navigate on mobile. I've only ever used Yahoo and ESPN before so this is literally my first time and I have no idea what's going on

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Teemu Pokemon posted:

So, is there an app for MFL? I'm doing the GFB, and I'm finding their site incredibly ugly and impossible to navigate on mobile. I've only ever used Yahoo and ESPN before so this is literally my first time and I have no idea what's going on

There is. It's called MFL platinum. It is not great.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Very happy to get Gronk in the goon bowl

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Drunk Nerds posted:

There is. It's called MFL platinum. It is not great.

And if you have an android you need to dowload it via the Amazon store since Google considers FF gambling.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Drunk Nerds posted:

Last year, David Johnson seriously put up the points of a RB1 AND a WR2 combined in one position.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

89 posted:

Last year, David Johnson seriously put up the points of a RB1 AND a WR2 combined in one position.

Yeah, he is a no brainer number one pick. I hate picking third. Second would've been ideal

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Sataere posted:

Yeah, he is a no brainer number one pick. I hate picking third. Second would've been ideal

The way the stats are aligned, I'm kinda happy anywhere. There are 3 rbs, 4 WRs, 2 TE's and 3 Qb's I really like in the first round

I think Rogers was a great 3rd overall pick, btw

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jul 23, 2017

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Drunk Nerds posted:

The way the stats are aligned, I'm kinda happy anywhere. There are 3 rbs, 4 WRs, 2 TE's and 3 Qb's I really like in the first round

I think Rogers was a great 3rd overall pick, btw

I am surprised he didn't go top three in the other drafts. People didn't pay enough attention to the format

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I personally don't view Rodgers as a top 3 asset in this format. He's probably only my 3rd ranked qb.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Sataere posted:

I am surprised he didn't go top three in the other drafts. People didn't pay enough attention to the format

Honestly even though it's a 2QB league, QBs don't get much of a bonus, sure it's 6 pptd but a lot of regular leagues are already that, and getting a hold of a top 3 RB that also gets a ppfd bonus is still more important than a top 3 QB. Just imo though.

You'll defo need to take a QB with your next couple picks though and hopefully still land at least a potential top 10 QB.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

VietCampo posted:

Honestly even though it's a 2QB league, QBs don't get much of a bonus, sure it's 6 pptd but a lot of regular leagues are already that, and getting a hold of a top 3 RB that also gets a ppfd bonus is still more important than a top 3 QB. Just imo though.

It's more the dropoff at qb2 in the superflex that makes me lean hard toward getting a great qb early. Yes the scoring slightly bumps up every other position, but man every 2qb league Ive been in has been all about qb value

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jul 23, 2017

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
It's effectively 12 team, 2 QB? Gotta get some decent QBs, you don't want to be starting like Tannehill as QB1 and alternating McCown and Kessler as your QB2. Especially since most other starters are flex (right?), I'd go QB very early. You'll be able to successfully bid on a couple usable RBs or WRs from the wire if necessary, seems much less likely to have a good quality QB pop up and win him.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Drunk Nerds posted:

It's more the dropoff at qb2 in the superflex that makes me lean hard toward getting a great qb early. Yes the scoring slightly bumps up every other position, but man every 2qb league Ive been in has been all about qb value

This. It's essentially a 2QB league. I got the best QB in the league. I considered Zeke at 3, but RBs die easy and Zeke has a potential suspension looming.

It's a beautiful high floor/high ceiling pick.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

RVProfootballer posted:

It's effectively 12 team, 2 QB? Gotta get some decent QBs, you don't want to be starting like Tannehill as QB1 and alternating McCown and Kessler as your QB2. Especially since most other starters are flex (right?), I'd go QB very early. You'll be able to successfully bid on a couple usable RBs or WRs from the wire if necessary, seems much less likely to have a good quality QB pop up and win him.

It's a 1 qb, 1 superflex, so you can just start 1 qb and flex another position. It is effectively a 2 qb league, but without the pain of having to start a QB32 if your draft goes a different direction

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Drunk Nerds posted:

It's a 1 qb, 1 superflex, so you can just start 1 qb and flex another position. It is effectively a 2 qb league, but without the pain of having to start a QB32 if your draft goes a different direction

Yea, I am in another superflex league, and it feels like QBs are not quite as valuable as they would be in a true 2 QB league, since you can always start a WR during bye weeks instead of forcing every team to try and have 3 starting QB or they have an empty roster spot for 2 matches. I think that rush to make sure you are one of the teams with 3 QB inflates the QB ADP a decent amount, especially once you get to QB 15+.

The variation between drafts is pretty high too. North has 7 QBs gone in 17 picks, while West has 3 gone in 21 picks.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 23, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
[the intro to a million different samaje perine hype pieces]

"nobody is talking about samaje perine..."

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
It really is a lot of duplicated work. And here I am still waiting for a Kerwynn Williams piece.

Hey Spoeank have we gotten your George Kittle takes yet?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Commissioners:

How do you deal with league privacy on myfantasyleague.com leagues?

I need people's email addresses in order to invite them to the league. Right? I can't see any other easy way -- is there one? But I would prefer that their email addresses are not publicly displayed (to random people viewing the league), or even shown to other league members. By default. How does one go about this?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

pmchem posted:

Commissioners:

I need people's email addresses in order to invite them to the league. Right? I can't see any other easy way -- is there one? But I would prefer that their email addresses are not publicly displayed (to random people viewing the league), or even shown to other league members. By default. How does one go about this?

I acknowledge your question, and I acknowledge that I do not know the answer. I also acknowledge that I had to get up and walk away from my computer due to frustration in trying to figure out the answer.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

pmchem posted:

Commissioners:

Individual owners appear to have this option but I don't know about making "no" the default.

edit: also don't know about making it so that only leaguemates can see the email.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

hmm, I think I can just set franchise password as commissioner and then message people links/passwords to their franchise. Privacy wise, they would need to set their own franchise details.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

pmchem posted:

hmm, I think I can just set franchise password as commissioner and then message people links/passwords to their franchise. Privacy wise, they would need to set their own franchise details.

AH, yes great lateral thinking. This will totally work

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/889531996979867648

oh hello

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Lmao fuuuuuck

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

welp

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Luck should be fine. I'm more concerned about your third pick. Don't you read your own posts?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

:thejoke:

It's the fish bowl, that scoring system completely changes everything. TE early there and in best ball is definitely the preferred play imo

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

Luck should be fine. I'm more concerned about your third pick. Don't you read your own posts?

There was an interesting discussion about Kelce on the 4For4 podcast. Paulsen actually advocates for Kelce in the third since his floor is so high and in the case of Paulsen his next highest ranked WR is Crabtree.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Teemu Pokemon posted:

:thejoke:

It's the fish bowl, that scoring system completely changes everything. TE early there and in best ball is definitely the preferred play imo

Yeah, I know. I can't resist low hanging fruit. I was hoping goon hatred of TE would let him swing back to me.

Is fish bowl best ball? Or are you saying only in those formats.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

There was an interesting discussion about Kelce on the 4For4 podcast. Paulsen actually advocates for Kelce in the third since his floor is so high
I'll let you guys know :smug:

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I came very close to drafting him at 2.10.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

His floor is six feet under when someone Johnny Knox's him. I've never understood how people who prognosticate forget how loving dangerous football is.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
That's Jordan Reed

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Sataere posted:

His floor is six feet under when someone Johnny Knox's him. I've never understood how people who prognosticate forget how loving dangerous football is.

This is true for all players but injuries are random so it is more intuitive to do projections based on 16 games played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Hey there goons, my main league switched to a keeper/auction format last year and I need some help.

Select 3 to keep, for 5$ more then the price listed. Our total budget is 200$.

Im thinking Lewis, Crabtree, and?

Standard Positions, .5 PPR, 4 pt TDs.

• Locked thread