Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
megaman 3 was better than megaman 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

scott zoloft posted:

a good opinion

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Kingdom of Loathing is an MMO and it is good.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

scott zoloft posted:

It was a better game, but 2 had better music.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

scott zoloft posted:

yep.

VideoTapir posted:

It was a better game, but 2 had better music.

nope.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

You talk about the Doom novels but did you know there were two Shadow Warrior novels? The first one is written by some guy named Dean Wesley Smith who writes several books a year. There's a few paragraphs early on detailing Lo Wang's decision making process as to whether or not he should eat sushi off the floor. He also made sure to use all the quotes from the game. Such as Lo Wang crashing a car and shouting "Oh poo poo I'm running into walls now!!"

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

According to Reddit, Bioshock Rapture is the top #6 Fiction book OF ALL TIME so that proves Bioshock had a good story

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Infinite ending the way it did wasn't bad in my opinion. Now Burial at Sea ending the way it did was a senseless kick in the balls and does wreck everything.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
lotta factually correct statements about mega man on this page of the dumb opinion thread. weird.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Casimir Radon posted:

Infinite ending the way it did wasn't bad in my opinion. Now Burial at Sea ending the way it did was a senseless kick in the balls and does wreck everything.

Everything about Infinite was bad apart from the art style. An almost complete failure of a game.

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!
Limbo was stylish but vacuous.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Casimir Radon posted:

You talk about the Doom novels but did you know there were two Shadow Warrior novels? The first one is written by some guy named Dean Wesley Smith who writes several books a year. There's a few paragraphs early on detailing Lo Wang's decision making process as to whether or not he should eat sushi off the floor. He also made sure to use all the quotes from the game. Such as Lo Wang crashing a car and shouting "Oh poo poo I'm running into walls now!!"

Lo Wang is the best fps action hero.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Dennis System posted:

Everything about Infinite was bad apart from the art style. An almost complete failure of a game.

:yeah:

So glad I bought my copy during a steam sale for only a few bucks. That was all it was worth.

I can tell the very moment it went to complete dogshit: right when you have to take a detour to get some lightning power to charge up a cable car.

Queue a two hour boring as gently caress detour to charge up a loving cable car. Also all the interesting story stuff was front loaded as hell and the rest of the game was :effort: level design and zero cohesive narrative.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Jul 23, 2017

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

fruit on the bottom posted:

Nah they're actually good. Even Infinite.

Especially Infinite.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

for me to poop on

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

ZoDiAC_ posted:

The controls for Dark Souls are garbage compared to what they could be, and that adds a layer of artificial difficulty.

The boss fights are the worst thing about Dark Souls and there are only a few that are good - they are in DS3

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

phasmid posted:

Lo Wang is the best fps action hero.

actually it is Blake Stone

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Rutibex posted:

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
crysis is still a good game and i like that i can pop it open in tyool 2017 and its still visually impressive and fun and it makes everything ubisoft do look like dogshit well thats my opinion :tipshat:

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is the most fun RPG ever. Fight me.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Copper Vein posted:

lotta factually correct statements about mega man on this page of the dumb opinion thread. weird.
it's the unpopular opinion thread, it just so happens that some unpopular opinions are also insanely good ones

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Max Hammer posted:

My god, that game was proud of it's loving lore. Every character would give you a 10 page history lesson before sending you out of a quest. And the annoying thing is they had dark elves and the regular fantasy stuff but insisted on using the dumb mad up names for them every single time.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Max Hammer posted:

I'll say this much for it: it was a game.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Rutibex posted:

:eyepop:
excuse me i have something to attend to for the next few weeks

Prey is garbage for idiots who thought bioshock was too clever and varied.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
box style inventories are good and the attache case system in resident evil 4 is one of its best features, and with a modern list style inventory it would suffer greatly

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Rutibex posted:

Holy poo poo I forgot about those games. I change my vote.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So this is probably unpopular but it shouldn't be.

Final Fight 3 is not only the absolute best Final Fight game game play wise by a mile, it's also probably one of the top 3 best beat 'em ups of all time.

I feel like nobody loving played it because 2 sucked and it was SNES exclusive, but honestly I think it belongs with the best

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Sad because both the original and the plot for the original sequel sounded amazing. I really wanted the ORIGINAL Prey 2.

They spoiled the plot since the game was canceled and it was really pretty solid. It looked awesome too. And I liked the concept. It also was a sequel to Prey in the end, with the plot revealed, unlike the current Prey which has nothing at all to do with Prey.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

The Dennis System posted:

The lynch mob at the start of the game tipped me off that I wasn't going to like the rest of Infinite. You've got a dilemma over doing something abhorrent by modern standards or outing yourself as an outsider to the lynch mob that's all raring to go.

Oh, oops. Your choice didn't matter in the slightest. Your choice basically just determines which character gives you a reward later on the line. Nice.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gin rummy is crummy

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

crysis is just a boring military shooter with overpowered invisibility and super crappy AI, the suit looks so stupid

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Max Hammer posted:

Kingdoms of Amalur would and could have been good if a few small things were addressed, not least of which was that the camera aims down at your character's shins making the game world impossible to see because the character is in the way and the camera always pointed like directly at the ground so you couldn't see poo poo anyway.

I've never seen a game come so close to being great if only for a few small design decisions totally ruin the whole thing.

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

The Doom marine could beat the poo poo outta Master Chief.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

hip check please posted:

By John Romero's magnificent mane, I hope this is not an unpopular opinion !

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.

Blazing Ownager posted:

So this is probably unpopular but it shouldn't be.

Final Fight 3 is not only the absolute best Final Fight game game play wise by a mile, it's also probably one of the top 3 best beat 'em ups of all time.

I feel like nobody loving played it because 2 sucked and it was SNES exclusive, but honestly I think it belongs with the best

Final Fight 3's soundtrack is garbage and several awful tracks get repeated on a laughable number of different stages.

The fighting mechanics seem distinctly nuanced at first, but it are centered around building up a Street Fighter super bar and unleashing power moves. The input for these power moves are also patterned after Street Fighter, and they just don't work well with the extra plane of movement that a brawler has and are very difficult to execute. Maybe some characters' moves are easier to do, but I obviously refused to play as anyone besides the inappropriately dressed girl.

Bare Knuckle 2 & 3's fighting systems are simple to execute and are a joy to play. The soundtracks to both games are top tier as well, making them both better than Final Fight 3 and the best brawlers of the 16-bit era.

Oops I posted facts in the opinion thread again.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

Orkin Mang posted:

gin rummy is crummy

Wtf! Mods????

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

hip check please posted:

Doom guy kills cyber demons on the regular, master chief wouldn't even register as a boss fight to him.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Rutibex posted:

Doom guy kills cyber demons on the regular, master chief wouldn't even register as a boss fight to him.

Master Chief can moon jump into the air, and doom guy wouldn't even need to aim up to smoke his rear end

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
unpopular opinion: the original Prey, like the one with tommy the indian is... Good

it has definitely aged poorly but it is in this bizarre vintage of old school fps game design philosophy while using a modern engine

on one hand, lol tommy the native american. on the other hand, its 2017 and what other game has you shooting mans on the ceiling and ground at the same time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Prey is good for all the reasons that are not the cutscenes or the talking heads jabbering in your ear while you play the drat game