Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

CVagts posted:

I had thought that wrestling podcasts just had all the plugs at the beginning and then went uninterrupted throughout. Am I imagining things or did some podcast do that?

Depends on the podcast. Anything on the PodcastOne Network has ads sprinkled throughout the entire show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Jericho and Meltzer talking Benoit is a great show if you want a history of his career. This is not a podcast about June 2007.

Weird to ask, but that link isn't working for me. Talk is Jericho has the Kynge podcast, and Shesaro before that, but no Meltzer interview. What am I missing?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Amazing Segue in the WOR today, from Brody -> George Best -> Brody -> G1 -> Stabbing in japan.

Literally with "speaking of stabbing, in japan today..."

Wazzu posted:

Weird to ask, but that link isn't working for me. Talk is Jericho has the Kynge podcast, and Shesaro before that, but no Meltzer interview. What am I missing?

I had to google to find it, and had the same problem as you.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wazzu posted:

Seems like podcastone has shifted to regional websites for some bizarre reason and they're not all on the same release schedule. I've had to go to podbay.fm recently to actually get up to date episodes of stuff.

Just seconding that the Jericho/Meltzer podcast is really drat good, by the way.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Has he taken any criticism for doing the show? Listening now, it DOES feel weird hearing him spoken of in such glowing, positive terms...

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's weird how back in the day most of the wrestlers would bad mouth Dave then subscribe to the newsletter under their real name, like he wouldn't know.

Randaconda fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jul 23, 2017

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Randaconda posted:

It's weird how back in the day most of the wrestlers would bad mouth Dave then subscribe the the newsletter under their real name, like he wouldn't know.

One of my favorite things about this is how people regularly argue with him on twitter about how to spell Eddie/Eddy Guerrero's name, and his "he signed letters to me under this spelling" argument isn't enough to convince them

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Marquis de Pyro posted:

One of my favorite things about this is how people regularly argue with him on twitter about how to spell Eddie/Eddy Guerrero's name, and his "he signed letters to me under this spelling" argument isn't enough to convince them

He didn't use the Eddie spelling until his run with WWE, right?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Randaconda posted:

He didn't use the Eddie spelling until his run with WWE, right?

yep, before then he was always billed as eddy

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
So Jericho has definitely heard the story of how he got signed to WCW and just told Dave he hadn't so he'd tell the story, right?

In fact, this may not be the first time he's said that to Dave.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MassRafTer posted:

So Jericho has definitely heard the story of how he got signed to WCW and just told Dave he hadn't so he'd tell the story, right?

That's what I assumed.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I remember when I thought worst match and worst feud of the year were a lock.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

WWE has a god shot of putting 3 matches on the WOR worst of the year with House of Horrors, Kendo stick on a poll and Punjabi Prison lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SatoshiMiwa posted:

WWE has a god shot of putting 3 matches on the WOR worst of the year with House of Horrors, Kendo stick on a poll and Punjabi Prison lol

FOUR! There's the flag match too!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

the b&v recap of battleground is fantastic

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

MassRafTer posted:

Which is weird because later on with a different story Jericho says he has heard it but to tell it anyway. As it is I find it hard to believe that Dave wouldn't have told Jericho that before given that they've known eachother for years.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DrVenkman posted:

Which is weird because later on with a different story Jericho says he has heard it but to tell it anyway. As it is I find it hard to believe that Dave wouldn't have told Jericho that before given that they've known eachother for years.

Let's be honest, if we were friends with Dave we'd lie about him telling stories just so he could tell the stories to us again

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Chris James 2 posted:

Let's be honest, if we were friends with Dave we'd lie about him telling stories just so he could tell the stories to us again

There are times I wanna like, email in a question that he's answered so I can just hear it again.

"What was it like watching Misawa v Jumbo" always is a fav.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Dave, would you consider Flair a good worker?"

"Was Dusty Rhodes charismatic?"

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Speaking of Dave and Flair. Certain individuals point out that Dave shows bias and won't go after Flair in some cases. Dave didn't hold back talking about Flair's chops though.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I enjoyed learning today why the WWE Network is not doing well in India.

DM: In certain cultures, that [type of] streaming service just doesn't work.
BA: Well they have a lot of people, who don't have a lot of money.
DM: Well, they have people who have money, but most of the people don't. That's true.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MassRafTer posted:

Sick of David "Fuckhead" Meltzer spoiling things? Then listen to

because we're reviewing Fall Brawl 99! Hear all about the show booked as petty revenge! See how many matches Hulkamatt can successfully retrodict on a show nearly 18 years old!

Ages and ages ago someone posted a really simple guide to putting your poo poo on iTunes. To encourage myself to actually follow through and do a decent AWA series, does someone still have the link to post?

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani

ICHIBAHN posted:

Has he taken any criticism for doing the show? Listening now, it DOES feel weird hearing him spoken of in such glowing, positive terms...

Out of anyone on the planet I think Jericho has earned the credibility to do the definitive Benoit podcast for the record books. His interview with Nancy's sister was excellent, I don't think anyone could accuse him of ignoring the victims or downplaying the crime

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

PaybackJack posted:

Speaking of Dave and Flair. Certain individuals point out that Dave shows bias and won't go after Flair in some cases. Dave didn't hold back talking about Flair's chops though.

He had a nice line about how being a 2nd generation wrestler isn't that important anymore "unless you're Ric Flair's daughter" in the last Observer too

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

BWV posted:

I enjoyed learning today why the WWE Network is not doing well in India.

DM: In certain cultures, that [type of] streaming service just doesn't work.
BA: Well they have a lot of people, who don't have a lot of money.
DM: Well, they have people who have money, but most of the people don't. That's true.

Didn't they also say weeks ago that the PPVs are free on television there?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Vote Heenan

https://twitter.com/WHWMonday/status/889479405692694529

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Top comment on that tweet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afNOqwJrT8s

:allears:

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Dave said Kurt Angle's acting has been good during this paternity angle :cmon:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
A Very Important Podcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHYeniwFfQs

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

YAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSS

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they are wrong about EVIL

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Makabe and Fale sex symbol status confirmed.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Makabe looks like they roided up someone's grandmother.

Fale tho, magnifique.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
"Kenny Omega looks like an Alternate Universe Howard Stern. "

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The Bryan & Vinny & Craig Show is back with tons to talk about including two very bad shows from 19 years ago this week. Raw was bad but it was at least historic, and it wasn't bad nearly to the level of Nitro, by far up to that point in time the worst Nitro EVER. An abysmally horrific train wreck of a show. BUT A FUN TIME AS ALWAYS SO CHECK IT OUT~!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The bit about Jesus fighting Brakus was incredible.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

The bit about Jesus fighting Brakus was incredible.

You obviously haven't gotten to "This story has a lot of holes" yet.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Well, that's at least one best of moment in that B&V episode today.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I was listening to National Treasure Karl Stern's review of Hardcore Heaven 95 and it was sad but also hilarious how his default state was to assume that anyone on the show that he didn't remember was dead.

Only most of them were dead, have some faith Karl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
rovert whats da scoop on the braun story

• Locked thread