Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Raddits you piece of poo poo he said Nintendo games as in first party. that's a lego game. Ugh you're the knex of posters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

How do you get new abilities on gear insplatoon?

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
level them up or use ability chunks

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

AfroGunsou posted:

level them up or use ability chunks

Havent seen them yet.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:

Real hurthling! posted:

Havent seen them yet.

You can get them from salmon run capsules and also from duplicate gear (also just salmon run i think)
There might be other ways to get them but thats the only two ways ive gotten them so far

E: oh i think if you get murch to scrub gear the scrubbed abilities turn into chunks

AfroGunsou fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jul 23, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The online in usf2 might be the worst online ive ever seen.

Good connections simply dont exist

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jul 23, 2017

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah, that's the downside of having a majority of your players on wi-fi.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

GoldfishStew posted:

Ugh you're the knex of posters.

Dang, ripperoni.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, that's the downside of having a majority of your players on wi-fi.

No its way worse than just that

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Splatoon 2 is really good. I play with the joycons in the controller shell thing (motion controls on) and it feels perfect for me. Split joycons didn't feel good, and handheld with joycons on the Switch doesn't work for me either.

A bit of a bummer that I can't play it in handheld mode, but I'll deal with it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

GoldfishStew posted:

Raddits you piece of poo poo he said Nintendo games as in first party. that's a lego game. Ugh you're the knex of posters.

Super Mario 3D World is a lego game?

also, lmao, what is your deal you angry baby bitch
it brings joy to my heart when people I don't recognize and whose opinions I don't give a poo poo about come out of the woodwork all madpostin' so thanks for that I guess

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah its awkward in handheld for sure. i played gravity rush on vita in a swivel chair and that was pretty cool just spinning around for a while maybe it works better if you can turn your whole body?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I wanna marry splatoon 2

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Junkie Disease posted:

I wanna marry splatoon 2

This is the future that liberals want

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I got Splatoon 2. It's 3AM though. Love y'all. Good night.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Super Mario 3D World would be perfect for the Switch

Super Mario 3D world would be perfect for every game system till the end of time.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

dude789 posted:

Super Mario 3D world would be perfect for every game system till the end of time.

The only bad thing about Super Mario 3D World is that eventually there are no more extra worlds.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Just saw this picture on how the voice chat accessory for Splatoon 2 works.

Hilarious.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Heran Bago posted:

Hilarious.
How else would you expect it to work?

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Bill Barber posted:

How else would you expect it to work?

I imagined it would use your smartphone's mic, with a connection directly to the switch which your headphones connect to. Smart phone mics aren't lovely anymore, only call quality with traditional phone systems.

The new device is cool in that it lets you use your own gaming headset, provided that it can a combined jack for mic and headphones.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Heran Bago posted:

Hilarious.
was the black thing in the middle meant to be squid shaped?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

bowmore posted:

was the black thing in the middle meant to be squid shaped?
It's themed for Splatoon 2, which is the only game that even uses the app right now.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

raditts posted:

Super Mario 3D World is a lego game?

SM 3D World had a permanent price adjustment to $20, Nintendo Select is basically "everyone already has this" or a game that has numerous sequels competing with it at full price

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-selects

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

SM 3D World had a permanent price adjustment to $20, Nintendo Select is basically "everyone already has this" or a game that has numerous sequels competing with it at full price

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-selects
hahaha Mario All-Stars for Wii, a 24--year-old game, was sold for $30 at one point. Even 20 is laughably high.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Pants Donkey posted:

hahaha Mario All-Stars for Wii, a 24--year-old game, was sold for $30 at one point. Even 20 is laughably high.

I agree! But my point wasn't "this price is fair" it's just the highest selling Nintendo games are either $60 or $20 pretty much. Like I don't think I've ever seen a Mario Kart or Smash Bros game NOT be full price, for any system

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I agree! But my point wasn't "this price is fair" it's just the highest selling Nintendo games are either $60 or $20 pretty much. Like I don't think I've ever seen a Mario Kart or Smash Bros game NOT be full price, for any system
Oh I was just making commentary on Nintendo Tax

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Heran Bago posted:

I imagined it would use your smartphone's mic, with a connection directly to the switch which your headphones connect to. Smart phone mics aren't lovely anymore, only call quality with traditional phone systems.

The new device is cool in that it lets you use your own gaming headset, provided that it can a combined jack for mic and headphones.

You can just use your phone mic. That diagram is specifically for the splatoon 2 headset they're selling.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Heran Bago posted:

Hilarious.

You're only mocking it because you haven't seen the full image.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Wait the phone thing is real? I thought that was a made up rumour by switch antifans

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Mega64 posted:

You're only mocking it because you haven't seen the full image.

Stunning... perfect.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

nopantsjack posted:

Wait the phone thing is real? I thought that was a made up rumour by switch antifans

It is Nintendo we're talking about.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Mega64 posted:

It is Nintendo we're talking about.

Did the online service where you get a rom with multi enabled for a couple weeks in return for a sub fee ever materialise?
I followed the switch thread like crazy then fell off when it came out, once this badboy gets an SMT or a Pokemon I'm gonna be dragged in like always with these drat things. *Glares at dusty 3DS*

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

nopantsjack posted:

Did the online service where you get a rom with multi enabled for a couple weeks in return for a sub fee ever materialise?
I followed the switch thread like crazy then fell off when it came out, once this badboy gets an SMT or a Pokemon I'm gonna be dragged in like always with these drat things. *Glares at dusty 3DS*

Comes out next year

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

They walked back the "one game at a time" and said it's probably going to be a Netflix-style smorgasbord

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah its awkward in handheld for sure. i played gravity rush on vita in a swivel chair and that was pretty cool just spinning around for a while maybe it works better if you can turn your whole body?

I mostly played captain toad that way all a-swivelin'

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Pants Donkey posted:

That was the anniversary edition that came with a booklet and box and crap tho.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Remind me, Did the Stardew team actually say they're porting the game to the switch?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah. I started to compulsively ask about it in the previous thread when I was going through a hard time in life. Then found out the team did announce a port which made me excited but me I begin periodically asking the thread when since they didn't give a date.

Now that it has become a meme in the thread I am constantly reminded of the hardship I endured in June and I will only have closure in life once Stardew Valley is ported to Switch.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Wtf did your farm burn down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

GoldfishStew posted:

Wtf did your farm burn down

mine did :(

• Locked thread