Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

Yes it is

Edit: I take that back, camping and fishing on Caney lake is alright.

gently caress an alligator, yo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
Thanks guys for making me sad about where I live, I already know it is terrible. I'm sure I will leave one day. To clarify I actually live in a small town north of Monroe so there's not much to do.

SundayMoney fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jul 23, 2017

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I love the ending.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
gently caress my life.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

gently caress my life.

What did we do in life to deserve this :smith:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

What did we do in life to deserve this :smith:

I mean, I probably deserve it.

Doesn't ease the pain. Only one thing does that. *crosshairs pan over the smiling face of Tom Brady wearing a bespoke zoot suit with crocodile skin loafers and a comically oversized novelty Patriots bowler.*

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I love to dog on ATL fans a lot but I just can't even do it to the chill ones here anymore.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Welp

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/889950847928606721

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Like I needed any more reasons...

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Lalalalallalalala I can't hear you lalaallalalalalalla

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Look, millions and millions of Pats fans are terrible, so I guess I can deal with one terribly awful Bucs fa-

Nope, can't do it.

:suicide:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SundayMoney posted:

Thanks guys for making me sad about where I live, I already know it is terrible. I'm sure I will leave one day. To clarify I actually live in a small town north of Monroe so there's not much to do.

Haha, when you drive through that area it's like nothing forever, and then a prison with black people in the prisons' fields picking loving cotton.

I stopped for directions once in Monroe because I couldn't get a signal, and there was a guy in the gas station who was at least 6'8", 400 lbs who had poo poo himself.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
This is honestly worse for you guys than that Superbowl was for me.

I'm sorry.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Hahahahaha

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

gently caress :mad:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Chilichimp posted:

This is honestly worse for you guys than that Superbowl was for me.

I'm sorry.

You keep telling yourself that. ;)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

You keep telling yourself that. ;)

loving kill me....

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/bucinsider/status/890595802749521921

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
NFL Films/HBO started filming Hard Knocks with the Bucs this week. Should be a good watch.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
The Mike Smith/Dirk Koetter experience mk 2

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Chilichimp posted:

The Mike Smith/Dirk Koetter experience mk 2

With reversed roles!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Cmac is gonna own and it's going to be cool.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Cmac is gonna own and it's going to be cool.

I don't think Fiz agrees with your assertion...

FizFashizzle posted:

lets see how CMC is doing in pass protection

oh

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

While we are on the topic of poor pass protection, Devonta Freeman is about to sign a big 5 year extension that will make him one of the highest paid RBs.

Outside of the whiffed block in the SB, Freeman has been great so I'm good with it. Means Coleman will be gone after his rookie contract is up though which kinda sucks :smith:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

While we are on the topic of poor pass protection, Devonta Freeman is about to sign a big 5 year extension that will make him one of the highest paid RBs.

Outside of the whiffed block in the SB, Freeman has been great so I'm good with it. Means Coleman will be gone after his rookie contract is up though which kinda sucks :smith:

And he will go the Chargers in repayment for Mike Turner.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I don't think Fiz agrees with your assertion...

I'd be worried if that's why he was brought in. He's good catching and running and that's all I give a gently caress about tbh.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

BlindSite posted:

I'd be worried if that's why he was brought in. He's good catching and running and that's all I give a gently caress about tbh.

Is he gonna be split out a lot? What happens to JStew?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Guess it's not NFC South news any more, but Luke McCown is now a Cowboy. Take that generator west, young man.

https://twitter.com/fishsports/status/891104604267495424

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Signing a McCown as a backup is a dangerous proposition.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Guess it's not NFC South news any more, but Luke McCown is now a Cowboy. Take that generator west, young man.

https://twitter.com/fishsports/status/891104604267495424

He appears to be pondering if he could throw a football over them mountains.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Is he gonna be split out a lot? What happens to JStew?

JStew is still going to be the thumper and fozzy is still on the roster too. In terms of being split out, definitely. Apparently they're giving him route trees when he's motioned wide, not just fixed patterns like most of their backs get. I'm thinking very much how the eagles used Westbrook under Reid. Not to make the comparison just because he's white but I think the way Danny Woodhead is used is a decent model for a more vertical offense. About 150-200 touches a year trying to net a thousand plus yards however they come. Some years westbrook had over 300 touches, depends on how the implementation goes. He's definitely not being brought in just to run down hill though.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Beat writers aren't allowed to report on formations but apparently CMC is lining up like literally everywhere.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
gently caress yeah, wildcat.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Beat writers aren't allowed to report on formations but apparently CMC is lining up like literally everywhere.

Luke openly spoke about it.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I just lol'd thinking about how many points the Saints are going to give up just to the nfcs.

I'm setting the o/u at 283 so Silly can't make the obvious joke :colbert:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I just lol'd thinking about how many points the Saints are going to give up just to the nfcs.

I'm setting the o/u at 283 so Silly can't make the obvious joke :colbert:

Aw man.

I swear, if we waste another year of Drew with a crappy defense....(it's probably bound to happen).

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Aw man.

I swear, if we waste another year of Drew with a crappy defense....(it's probably bound to happen).

You got a ring, now you're paying for it.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Glad for Freeman but gonna miss Coleman. He was great last season.

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
There are too many good players on the Falcons making less than they would on the open market right now and it's going to be a shame when some have to leave. I don't wanna see Coleman go but I figure he is going to.

Maybe Antone Smith can still run fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Signing a McCown as a backup is a dangerous proposition.

He was good for us :unsmith:

• Locked thread