Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

https://www.mancity.com/news/first-team/first-team-news/2017/july/danilo-joins-manchester-city

Danilo to Man City is a done deal. Can't believe we got money for him haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

CyberPingu posted:

Eh. Emre Can has apparently agreed to terms with Juve

Good.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Hegay posted:

https://www.mancity.com/news/first-team/first-team-news/2017/july/danilo-joins-manchester-city

Danilo to Man City is a done deal. Can't believe we got money for him haha

is he half a kyle walker

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

is he half a kyle walker

Kyle Hopper?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
He's half an Andre Santos

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I hope Keïta costs more than Pogba

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I hope Keira costs more than Pogba and Liverpool sell Coutinho in a double whammy of hilarity.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I'd never heard of Keita a month ago tbh

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

lol

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
City have now spent £310m on GKs and defenders since 2014 lol

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Eau de MacGowan posted:

is he half a kyle walker

I hate him and I'm insanely glad we're rid of him haha, looked like a headless chicken most of the time. No defensive skill. Perfect for Pep

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/889053407759257602

Also more than it cost to build our Stadium.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Have Brighton and Huddersfield done any business? They're goiong right back down

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Have Brighton and Huddersfield done any business? They're goiong right back down

Huddersfield have bought circa 8 decent players, Brighton a total of three, an Australian and two relegated Bundesliga players.

I'd say Huddersfield has given themselves a swinging chance.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

CyberPingu posted:

Eh. Emre Can has apparently agreed to terms with Juve

Do you have a link? Everything recent seems to indicate that Liverpool are going to hold on to him:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-emre-can-jurgen-klopp-13372612

That won't prevent Juventus from trying to get him, though.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Brony Car posted:

Do you have a link? Everything recent seems to indicate that Liverpool are going to hold on to him:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-emre-can-jurgen-klopp-13372612

The original source is Tuttosport today, so I wouldn't read too much into it. That said, there have been rumors about Can to Juve for months, so it wouldn't shock me if he does end up moving by the end of the window.
https://twitter.com/CmdotCom_En/status/889050088038961152

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Brony Car posted:

It was a Daily Mail article so take that with a giant pinch of salt.

Can't find it now though :( that'll teach me for not posting sources.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
jack wilshere might be off to turkey

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

When you poo poo it up in Turkey where's the next stop? Greece? china?

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Jose posted:

that would be real dumb

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

Oof. And it's not even one of the good Turkish clubs.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The only people feeding that rumor is the Turkish club, whose president said the transfer was unlikely.

Wilshere is bad but not that bad, come on

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

If he's bad enough for Arsenal, any Turkish club will fit.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Move on, man.

https://twitter.com/skysportspaulg/status/889148885641424897

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

When you poo poo it up in Turkey where's the next stop? Greece? china?

MLS

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

trem_two posted:

The original source is Tuttosport today, so I wouldn't read too much into it. That said, there have been rumors about Can to Juve for months, so it wouldn't shock me if he does end up moving by the end of the window.
https://twitter.com/CmdotCom_En/status/889050088038961152

for 35m I'll fly him to Turin myelf

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

"but"

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

vyelkin posted:

for 35m I'll fly him to Turin myelf

Your anti-German/Turkish midfielder hatred has driven you mad.

In all seriousness, though, given market prices, I would like to see who you think Liverpool could get at 35 million that would be an adequate replacement, let alone a full-on improvement.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Brony Car posted:

Your anti-German/Turkish midfielder hatred has driven you mad.

In all seriousness, though, given market prices, I would like to see who you think Liverpool could get at 35 million that would be an adequate replacement, let alone a full-on improvement.

You think Can is good at football?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Can is awful and I would let him leave for free so that Klopp doesn't feel tempted to play him anymore

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Can is one of those players who is decent at everything and great at nothing. Perfect for Liverpool.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Can's problem is that he's supremely confident and thinks he can do everything, when actually he's only good at like one thing and that's sitting in front of the defence. So nine times out of ten when he gets the ball he loses it with some aimless dribble, misplaced long pass, or wild shot. The one in ten times when his dumb decision works out he looks good, but most of the time he's just losing the ball and then fouling people trying to win it back.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Can is pretty good Liverpool people are just extremely annoying especially the guy who always quotes every post to say 'wow ive never even heard of this guy!!'

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
you could almost buy a whole Alexis Sanchez with 35m

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

paddyboat posted:

you could almost buy a whole Alexis Sanchez with 35m

I'm pretty sure the price is different for English clubs, or maybe just City.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
The best part about the Can to Juve story is that he's allegedly going to be converted to CB and be Bonucci's replacement
:chloe:

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Mandzukic should be Bonucci's replacement imo

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

vyelkin posted:

Can's problem is that he's supremely confident and thinks he can do everything, when actually he's only good at like one thing and that's sitting in front of the defence. So nine times out of ten when he gets the ball he loses it with some aimless dribble, misplaced long pass, or wild shot. The one in ten times when his dumb decision works out he looks good, but most of the time he's just losing the ball and then fouling people trying to win it back.

From the reports I've read, Can actually wants to be the deepest-lying midfielder. When he's moving forward, it's usually because Liverpool have to commit more people to break down a side defending resolutely (or defending badly but looking better when thrown against the Scouse Clowns). He also took a long time to get through some injury issues, so I think the rustiness earlier in the season wasn't a sign of him hitting a ceiling. Your evaluation of him surprisingly dismal.

Also, given the physical exhaustion that comes with Kloppball and the English fixture schedule, I'd rather not let go of any midfielders until we got some more deals in place. If Keita and VVD are still the only major transfer targets left, then letting Can go is tempting fate.

Watchi Liverpool bungle the 2-legged CL qualifier now.

trem_two posted:

The best part about the Can to Juve story is that he's allegedly going to be converted to CB and be Bonucci's replacement
:chloe:

He did decently well as part of a back 3 under Rodgers, so this isn't a completely bonkers idea.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

No, replacing one of the worlds best CB with a garbage man midfielder isn't bonkers at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
at these prices, clubs should be giving more youngsters and lower-level league try-outs a chance.

there's clearly a failure of scouting, coaching, and back-office management that's contributed to clubs throwing money at whoever The New Sex is.

• Locked thread