Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Ularg posted:

"Test our matchmaking"

I'm in the farm completely alone. No NPCs, no other players.

I'm in here with a bunch of dudes but who cares. There's no vendors, no npcs and no soccer ball (because I booted it the gently caress off the map)

Lol this is loving retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the ball has respawned every time i tried to kick it off, at least

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the ball has respawned every time i tried to kick it off, at least

The trick is to hide it down in the log by the river

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'm in here with a bunch of dudes but who cares. There's no vendors, no npcs and no soccer ball (because I booted it the gently caress off the map)

Yeah what is this. I looked around for a bit, seems like a chill place but w/e.

Water wheel and rooftop parties are gonna be the new thing I bet.

I'm never going to play their dumb soccer.

e; unless there's an achievement, then I'll do it once for that

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Beep boops coming out of this thing behind me.

Also, run along the cables to go places.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

So is Bungie just gonna be this cocky? Cause drat this beta has been pretty much standard "You're gonna buy it anyway" fare instead of what happened before with the last beta, actually trying to get people invested.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

My farm is super full - soccer is chaos. But fun.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I think Bungie pretty much knows and are resigned to the fact that D2 is for D1 fans, despite all their protestations that the story is brand-new to cater to newcomers. If they wanted a hard sell to lapsed and sceptical people, they would have presented a different beta test. It's More Destiny, and that's exactly what we want

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Ularg posted:

Beep boops coming out of this thing behind me.

Also, run along the cables to go places.

So is Bungie just gonna be this cocky? Cause drat this beta has been pretty much standard "You're gonna buy it anyway" fare instead of what happened before with the last beta, actually trying to get people invested.
With the D1 beta people reacted with "man, if the beta is this huge, just imagine how gigantic this Russia zone is gonna be in the full game!!!!" and two months later it was 7.0s all across the board

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

HAT FETISH posted:

With the D1 beta people reacted with "man, if the beta is this huge, just imagine how gigantic this Russia zone is gonna be in the full game!!!!" and two months later it was 7.0s all across the board

Please don't remind me of my past mistakes.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Ularg posted:

Destiny 1 had an extended demo rather than a beta because it was a brand new IP and they had to get people interested. We know what the game's about. No need for an entire third of the base game.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Found the one item you can interact with. :v:

Vaah posted:

Destiny 1 had an extended demo rather than a beta because it was a brand new IP and they had to get people interested. We know what the game's about. No need for an entire third of the base game.

My only gripe is why go out of their way to remove all NPCs from the Farm? Guess it's good that it's only an hour cause there ain't much reason to stay here forever looking at stuff.

At least it has some good views:

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I think my only disappointment is that the farm is its own zone. I thought it was found in the EDZ patrol area, but the makeup of it make its really clear that it's a separately loaded, hived off area that you have to load into and out of.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

So what are the romance options

OMINGULLLLL

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Ularg posted:

Found the one item you can interact with

You can also turn off the lights under the ship on the ground floor of the ship shack

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Were the Fallen always in the strike briefly? I shot one of their orb things and some shanks.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Man i'm some kinda dumbass, I can't figure out to do captain America instead of old-style bubble shield. I accidentally did it once and then never again.

Tap L1 and R1, don't hold it. Holding it is the bubble shield.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I think my only disappointment is that the farm is its own zone. I thought it was found in the EDZ patrol area, but the makeup of it make its really clear that it's a separately loaded, hived off area that you have to load into and out of.
Yeah I was also under the impression that we'd be able to wander out of the farm and into patrol territory, so much for the leaks that talked about patrol zones featuring towns and stuff I guess

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

HAT FETISH posted:

Yeah I was also under the impression that we'd be able to wander out of the farm and into patrol territory, so much for the leaks that talked about patrol zones featuring towns and stuff I guess

And the trailers made it look like as soon as you recover from Ghaul knocking you off the map you stumble straight into EDZ.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

RBA Starblade posted:

Were the Fallen always in the strike briefly? I shot one of their orb things and some shanks.

They appear at the strike landing area sometimes - it's like one of those 'The Enemy are moving against each other" events from D1 - you get Fallen, Vex, and Cabal in that area.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

No, Variks, like discussed before. Unless Omigul is down for Eiffel Tower.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Lack of chickens disappointing, everything else more or less as expected

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

RBA Starblade posted:

Tap L1 and R1, don't hold it. Holding it is the bubble shield.

Yeah it seems the strike is slightly different each time, they are kinda rare? They have a drop ship comes buy behind where you start. I think it's like that because the strike zone is part of a much bigger patrol area.

It's gonna be cool to dick around on nessus, the strike zone is bigger than the mission, and I bet it goes pretty big overall.

Theory: vex jizz is actual a giant river of the goop that's in their cores.

& that makes a lot more sense shield wise.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah, I decided to go in and get some work done today rather than spend some time in a dumbass social space that I will surely spend plenty of time in later. Good to see that I was justified (not that there was ever any doubt.)

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

HAT FETISH posted:

drat that would have been cool.

So that blown up storm thing in the west is a piece of the traveler, right? Like an orange segment busted off by the cabal juicer? Kind of gruesome to play soccer under its shadow if true.

What's in the northeast across the lake? It's easiest to see @ night, but something else is burning. Part of last city maybe?

I wonder if a lot of the missions ate gonna be recovering traveler pieces like that one on the moon.

Also what the hell are those panels they have under the trees beneath the camo net? They got drat blinking lights what the hell is the point? And that water wheel doesn't produce enough power to justify the giant cables, I'm starting to think the space wizards game is not very verisimilitudinous.

ACOPKILLEDMYDOG
Aug 7, 2013
What I want to know is: Who Is Mowing The Grass At The Farm

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I think the shard of the Traveler that we see in EDZ is the part that was blasted apart by Rasputin when he caught the Traveler trying to flee Earth during the collapse.

I got at least 2 saved clips from this angle to use as timelapse. Will have to upload it after the beta is done so I can poopsock the last days out of the beta.

ACOPKILLEDMYDOG posted:

What I want to know is: Who Is Mowing The Grass At The Farm

Sivamachines, son.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

If you wander out past the edges of the farm to the sides you hit an invisible wall, the back has the lake but the front past the soccer field has a 'turn back' kill zone with a ship waiting a little way out. Is that the way to enter the EDZ?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Yeah but if that piece got blown away by Rasputin then it's been puking out electric storms and poo poo for several hundred years still, so why didn't that poo poo smother the last city?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
i think all the people who are obsessed with this games lore came to the conclusion that Rasputin didn't attack the Traveler, merely prepared to do so if necessary

Yeah but if that piece got blown away by Rasputin then it's been puking out electric storms and poo poo for several hundred years still, so why didn't that poo poo smother the last city?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Ularg posted:

But Ularg Bungo can't do anything wrong as they announced that beta was just going to be DRE with some polish on top!!!!!

(Also lol their Ps4 patching system is still poo poo)

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

kecske posted:

If you wander out past the edges of the farm to the sides you hit an invisible wall, the back has the lake but the front past the soccer field has a 'turn back' kill zone with a ship waiting a little way out. Is that the way to enter the EDZ?

I think that'd be a cool way to set things up and i'd actually like it a lot if I could just walk out of the farm into the wilds.

Legs Benedict posted:

i think all the people who are obsessed with this games lore came to the conclusion that Rasputin didn't attack the Traveler, merely prepared to do so if necessary

what the fcuk the last city is in Nepal??
also i'm convinced that Rasputin realized we were getting our asses kicked so he turned around and punched the traveler in the nuts before it could sneak out.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I still like the implication that the Cabal had to get past all of Rasputin's reactivated defenses that the Cabal spent a game bitching about to go own the Last City, so either Rasputin got turbofucked again or Rasputin decided it wasn't worth the effort.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

what the fcuk the last city is in Nepal??
also i'm convinced that Rasputin realized we were getting our asses kicked so he turned around and punched the traveler in the nuts before it could sneak out.

Yea that's what happened. Rasputin was charged with defending humanity. Letting the Traveler leave during time of need would have been the end for us so Rasputin did what he had to.

ACOPKILLEDMYDOG
Aug 7, 2013
"I sure hope they put the lore in the game and not in some stupid cards" I too hope that my ghost plays audio recordings voiced by some guy doing his best sasuke impression explaining how the vex milk is actually mountain dew white out while the koopa kids smash my guardians dick as I defend my ghost while they stare at a door

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Okay, so I found a grand total of:

- Three lamps (Dead Orbit, top of radome building, ship hangar) which I left ON because those spaces were dark and needed some light for when the sun goes down ok)
- One footy pitch
- a tractor or two
- A waterwheel to hamster on
- Scored several touchdowns
- Plenty of cow tools
- Lots of cool monitors with text stuff on 'em.
- It was cool seeing the guts of a jumpship
- Shard of the traveler owns, I guess that's still how we have a little bit of Light left over?! It's certainly not contained in Gary's Big Bubble.
- There's a nice dock to hang out on with a cool lakeview. Probably good for taking background-neutral photographs of your sweet gear
- A large power cable that goes into the lake.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
D2, stop holding onto my Ankaa Seeker Warlock Helmet. That's the last piece of armor I need you piece of poo poo.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/889198914326347776

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/889198446476840960

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Did anyone else read that in the HYDROOO THUNDER! voice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Vaah posted:

Think about these two things: they changed many things that in time even the most sad bears of youtube will learn to love again (gun balance, 4v4). The best way to win people would have been to put enough activities to make the stuff click again "aha, now I get this and that...". The second thing is that calling the old Russia demo a "one third" is a misnomer. Whoever stayed with the game saw that part of the game become tiny as new patrols, activities and story missions were added.

Maybe they did a favour to my dsl to not make me download 30 gb to play the demo but did not do it the franchise any favor. They basically gave YouTube channels, yes, the same people they courted with the DRE, a free pass to publish "The Internet has spoken, D2 is bad".