Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

gret posted:

Make Cup races a multi-class race with Cup, Xfinity, and Trucks all racing at the same time.

I always wanted to see a demo derby at bristol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

gret posted:

Make Cup races a multi-class race with Cup, Xfinity, and Trucks all racing at the same time.

What would the NASCAR equivalent of a Russian gentleman driver in a GT3 Ferrari be?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Anime Reference posted:

What would the NASCAR equivalent of a Russian gentleman driver in a GT3 Ferrari be?

Danica

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

VikingSkull posted:

also some of them get real mad when you point out that the only thing that's gonna change is the names on the door, same cars are gonna win every week

You say that like it's a bad thing.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nah, she's not as bad as those guys.

I'm thinking... Tony Stewart.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Anime Reference posted:

Boris Said?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
the answer is Jox

it's always Jox

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Anime Reference posted:

Paul Menard.

also, new title is :discourse:

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
"look at all the stadiums you can fit inside IMS! " Shame there's no room left for any fans

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
just let people get hit by lightning like Pocono does, jesus christ

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I am due west of IMS, it's coming down pretty good.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Put lightning rods on the cars.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Norns posted:

Put lightning rods on the cars.

Lightning tires. Like rain tires, but for lightning.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
the roll bars are like a faraday cage when u think about it

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/889198440286171136/photo/1

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Authorities on the lookout for a man angry about his sandwich.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
run over by a golf cart is not what I want on my headstone

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Justin Allgaier needs to be stopped.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Anime Reference posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deV_w6cwz-k

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

theory?

once you quit driving NASCAR and work in media? you're replaced by an android by mike helton to spit out poo poo talking points defending every thing NASCAR has ever done.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

FuzzySkinner posted:

theory?

once you quit driving NASCAR and work in media? you're replaced by an android by mike helton to spit out poo poo talking points defending every thing NASCAR has ever done.

big if true

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/889212593386262528

:thurman:

CactusWeasle posted:

"look at all the stadiums you can fit inside IMS! " Shame there's no room left for any fans

:vince:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

To be fair doesn't ims seat like half a million?

How big was Daytona croud this year?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

Close to I think 350k at max cap

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
more people at IMS today than showed up at Rockingham in the 90's

I'll see myself out

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Dale :smith:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

more people at IMS today than showed up at Rockingham in the 90's

I'll see myself out

Are you advocating for giving Indy's race date to New Hampshire?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Wait a minute, Junyer drove back to the garage, he doesn't have to go to the care center. :confused:

Norns posted:

Not sure about the 500, but the 400 had big empty sections.

Peanut President posted:

Are you advocating for giving Indy's race date to New Hampshire?

Bah gawd, that's Francis Ferko's music!

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

CBJSprague24 posted:

Wait a minute, Junyer drove back to the garage, he doesn't have to go to the care center. :confused:

he has brains like George Harrison so it's probably for the best

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Gonna vent here, but I think out of all the race weekends? This is the worst.

Not necessarily because the Brickyard is a bad event But because it seems like it compounds on it being an awful race.

-The IMS non-compete clause kinda causes indycar fans to pay attention to it, thus you have a lot of snooty takes coming from our side
-NASCAR fans hate the racing at this venue, and have hated it since the novelty worn off.
-NASCAR's TV coverage is routinely awful and we're often subjected to poo poo takes from various commentators .
-A giant pissing match usually erupts on social media because the "rivalry" that exists between stock car fans and open wheel ones become apparent. (Something that has literally existed since NASCAR was founded)
-There's no alternative event on TV because Football is literally a weekend away from starting. So again, you have a lot of people groggily watching this.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jul 23, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Take note, SRA- Kyle Larson will attempt to gently caress you up if you block him hard.

FuzzySkinner posted:

Gonna vent here, but I think out of all the race weekends? This is the worst.

Not necessarily because the Brickyard is a bad event But because it seems like it compounds on it being an awful race.

-The IMS non-compete clause kinda causes indycar fans to pay attention to it, thus you have a lot of snooty takes coming from our side
-NASCAR fans hate the racing at this venue, and have hated it since the novelty worn off.
-NASCAR's TV coverage is routinely awful and we're often subjected to poo poo takes from various commentators .
-A giant pissing match usually erupts on social media because the "rivalry" that exists between stock car fans and open wheel ones become apparent. (Something that has literally existed since NASCAR was founded)
-There's no alternative event on TV because Football is literally a weekend away from starting.

-Sounds like that's IMS' problem
-The racing could be fixed if they put plates on it. I resent it more because they moved NXS from IRP.
-Agreed
-Don't care
-Does anybody watch preseason football?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Larson gives no fucks and I love it

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

Take note, SRA- Kyle Larson will attempt to gently caress you up if you block him hard.

-Sounds like that's IMS' problem
-The racing could be fixed if they put plates on it. I resent it more because they moved NXS from IRP.
-Agreed
-Don't care
-Does anybody watch preseason football?

Yeah. It partially is, partially isn't. I'm a bit lost as to how they could think that running say, Indycar at Edmonton could harm attendance considering the fact that it's half way across the continent. I think the other thing to kinda silence indy fans would be to toss Kanaan, Rahal, and a few others into stock cars thus helping them to have a rooting interest of some sort.

You and I are on complete agreement on the IRP issue, btw. I think pretty much everyone else is.

With TV? It's just them trying to desperately to make this event relevant/on par with the biggest races on the cup schedule. As a result you get a lot of poo poo takes from it.

The pissing match is more so an annoyance if you're on social media.

People do. Mainly just cuz it's on and people like football. I think the bitching about the Brickyard would vanish with most everyone wanting to watch football instead (start of CFB/NFL)

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The race is fine it will never be as good as 500 and that is good too.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Hail satan

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

:eyepop:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Get hosed Kyle

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

It's becoming very frustrated being a Kyle

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Maybe you should've just stuck to the deal, Kyle? :shrug:

:lol: Gibbs just seeing himself off the 18 pit box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

• Locked thread