Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Amazing

If the team had to work out who was Deku and who was Toga I think it'd be pretty easy. Sir Night Eye could ask obscure All Might trivia or Aizawa could ask about something they did in class recently. I think a better plan for the baddies would be to split Deku up from the rest and then have Toga meet back up with the group so no one has any reason to try and work out if she's a fake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I wanna know if Toga needs more blood to keep transforming into one person or if she just gets that form forever once she got enough initial blood. I guess HxH just makes me like powersets with well defined limitations and rules, or weak points that have to be worked around or exploited.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Toga copying Deku wouldn't advance anyone's goals except Toga's.

My prediction: Toga will transform into Overhaul's daughter, and Twice makes a dozen copies. Let the heroes sacrifice themselves to save a kamikaze trojan horse.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

Squidster posted:

My prediction: Toga will transform into Overhaul's daughter, and Twice makes a dozen copies. Let the heroes sacrifice themselves to save a kamikaze trojan horse.

Twice can only make one copy. The only reason he could make a whole bunch of himself is because all the copies could also make one copy.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

mirio went off alone. if anyone is gonna get copied here, it's gotta be him doesn't it?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Manatee Cannon posted:

mirio went off alone. if anyone is gonna get copied here, it's gotta be him doesn't it?
That's only if Toga can get his blood.

There's a lot of ways this can go now which is why Toga and Twice appearing of anyone in the VA basically just saved this arc for me. There's so much crazy poo poo that can happen now.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Terper posted:

Most people are sleeping on Shigaraki's physical capabilities too, but the dude is super fast and surprisingly hardy.

Shigaraki gets shot and stabbed a whole lot and it doesn't seem to really bother him besides making him really angry that he has to spend time healing. I actually wonder if he feels pain conventionally.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Twice's tragic backstory is basically the Mr. Meeseeks episode of Rick and Morty

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kanos posted:

Shigaraki gets shot and stabbed a whole lot and it doesn't seem to really bother him besides making him really angry that he has to spend time healing. I actually wonder if he feels pain conventionally.

Given that AFO raised him to hurt All Might in as many senses as possible and be a new symbol of evil, pretty much any horrible thing could have been done to him to make him more capable of doing so and it wouldn't be surprising.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Were there points in previous arcs that appeared as if the whole arc would suck, until something cool happened? Or has it just been this one?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
it's totally in character that AFO would have given him some strength increasing/endurance raising/reaction raising quirks in addition to his own. Those types of quirks do exist, after all.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Grouchio posted:

Were there points in previous arcs that appeared as if the whole arc would suck, until something cool happened? Or has it just been this one?

this is the only one that's felt kinda weak to start with for me at least

I don't think it appeared as if the whole arc would suck here tho

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Squidster posted:

Ari's blood cancels powers, so Toga wouldn't be able to use her quirk to transform.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Say Nothing posted:

Ari's blood cancels powers, so Toga wouldn't be able to use her quirk to transform.

It's not known if the blood does so on its own, or if it needs to be processed, so it's still a possibility.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Kuroyama posted:

It's not known if the blood does so on its own, or if it needs to be processed, so it's still a possibility.

If it needed to be processed in order to work at all I doubt it would've ever been discovered, I find it more likely that processing it just makes it more effective and is what they're doing to try to turn it into a permanent depowerer.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

If her Quirk is degradation then it would be much easier to figure out which is presumably the case

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Grouchio posted:

When it seemed we were going to retread Sasuke's Rescue arc only with Bakugo. Alas, nobody was Sauske.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

No part of the Bakugou rescue arc was bad though

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
The part where All Might stops heroing after a super heroic and amazing final duel with a literal monster is extremely bad, IMHO.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Grouchio posted:

p sure if you go back through this thread from the start you'll find plenty of complaints throughout

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Ochako was funny, is funny, will continue to be funny, imho

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Eopia posted:

If it needed to be processed in order to work at all I doubt it would've ever been discovered, I find it more likely that processing it just makes it more effective and is what they're doing to try to turn it into a permanent depowerer.

The key to defeating Overhaul will be having Ari bite him.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Eopia posted:

Overhaul specifically said this last chapter he has a "finished product" and a "serum". I'm a little disappointed he made a loving cure for some reason since if the finished bullets permanently disable quirks that'd make them a huge, huge, huge threat. The ability to "cure" it basically means the goodguys just have to get Eri and make the cure themselves or take what Overhaul has- which kinda de-escalates the consequences.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Fabricated posted:

Overhaul specifically said this last chapter he has a "finished product" and a "serum". I'm a little disappointed he made a loving cure for some reason since if the finished bullets permanently disable quirks that'd make them a huge, huge, huge threat. The ability to "cure" it basically means the goodguys just have to get Eri and make the cure themselves or take what Overhaul has- which kinda de-escalates the consequences.

not having a cure to it would be really stupid

"whoops, lab accident now half of us can't use quirks anymore forever". also you can sell it for a lot considering you own the only source of it

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
An even better business model would be a serum that temporarily restores powers removed in this manner: Soak the heroes for their money, while at the same time exerting leverage to keep their shameful secret quiet. Blackmail, it's fun for the entire family!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

SwissArmyDruid posted:

An even better business model would be a serum that temporarily restores powers removed in this manner: Soak the heroes for their money, while at the same time exerting leverage to keep their shameful secret quiet. Blackmail, it's fun for the entire family!

In a prison cell far, far away, Stain has a loving rage aneurysm.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Fabricated posted:

It would be crazy as gently caress to invent a weapon that disables quirks and then not have a countermeasure on hand if it's used against you somehow, especially if you're planning to use it to blackmail or threaten other people. Hell, even a dumb lab accident while experimenting with the quirk-disabling poo poo could be debilitating for Overhaul or his minions if there was no way to reverse the process.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Mr. Fowl posted:

In a prison cell far, far away, Stain has a loving rage aneurysm.

It would be a great way for Stain to make a comeback.

Ratchet it up a notch if the Yakuza not only doesn't just blackmail heroes into keeping their powerlessness secret, but to restrict the supply only to heroes that will turn a blind eye on command.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Eopia posted:

I'm thinking it's like the five or six times it's shown up in X-Men, where Eri's quirk can stop other quirks, and Overhaul has found a way to make the quirk breaking serum.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What happened to Deku's hair.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hate-Senpai posted:

uravity

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Hate-Senpai posted:

full cowl 2

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Very cute.

Mina in the corner is saying "Ran out of space." drat shame.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
new vigilantes chapter

http://readms.net/r/vigilante/010/4457/1

I'm so glad we're about to see stain get beat up again

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Blockhouse posted:

new vigilantes chapter

http://readms.net/r/vigilante/010/4457/1

I'm so glad we're about to see stain get beat up again
What a loving dork. You just know he was hyped to use that line.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

God Stain is such a goddamn loser. He's literally right there watching when that guy forces Souga into taking the drug, and once he goes nuts says he's finally "shown his true colours" when he knows he never intended to take it in the first place. And he lets the person who's been dealing drugs and is clearly the bigger villain here just walk away. Even at this point in his career Stain is exactly the same as when he was a serial murderer. He's just a hypocrite who lets worse villains get away if they lead him to small fry. He's the worst.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Holy poo poo is this going to be how Stain got the way he did in the main series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Knuckleduster playing at All Might is dope, I love that idiot rear end in a top hat