Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

System Metternich posted:

Re: “Neger“, just the other day I witnessed an armageddon of awkwardness when my aunt (who hadn't visited us in ages) came by again and didn't know that my younger brother is dating a black boy now. Cue us sitting at the kitchen table when my brother's bf comes downstairs - my aunt initially only saw his legs, thought that my (naturally really pale) brother must have sunbathed a ton and exclaims “Ui, was kommt denn da für ein Neger!?“ in a playful/admiring tone. Except, well, it wasn't my brother. I don't think I've ever seen somebody being as embarrassed as my aunt right then :haw:

Holy shiiiiiiiiiiit awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

I knew someone whose last name was Näger. "Hallo Herr Näger" is a pretty awkward greeting to say the least.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Infected posted:

I knew someone whose last name was Näger. "Hallo Herr Näger" is a pretty awkward greeting to say the least.

There's a German philosopher with that last name, makes discussing his papers kinda weird too. Kind of like talking about Kant in English-speaking countries I guess.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

It's nice to be a Preiß, but it's higher to be a Bayer :cool:

Re: “Neger“, just the other day I witnessed an armageddon of awkwardness when my aunt (who hadn't visited us in ages) came by again and didn't know that my younger brother is dating a black boy now. Cue us sitting at the kitchen table when my brother's bf comes downstairs - my aunt initially only saw his legs, thought that my (naturally really pale) brother must have sunbathed a ton and exclaims “Ui, was kommt denn da für ein Neger!?“ in a playful/admiring tone. Except, well, it wasn't my brother. I don't think I've ever seen somebody being as embarrassed as my aunt right then :haw:

Should have dug deeper with a Stromberg Düsenjäger routine, for maximum awkwardness :v:

botany posted:

don't worry, you're one of the good ones :stonkhat:

I feel like you are trying to insult Bavaria further with that post, instead of trying to making me feel better. I'm being cybermobbed

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Der Neger hat immer für gute Stimmung gesorgt, nicht nur zur Fasnachtszeit.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Lmao, na servas.

Ist das echt?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I had the pleasure of serving with an battalion S1 and presse offizier by the rank and name of Oberleutnant Neger.

It made for a lot of awkward, embarrassing, and occasionally hilarious moments.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh4dP4tAzTI

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

frankenfreak posted:

Der Neger hat immer für gute Stimmung gesorgt, nicht nur zur Fasnachtszeit.

https://www.neger.de

His grandson's website. Extremely pro-klick

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
randler
more like rechter randler

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Smirr posted:

https://www.neger.de

His grandson's website. Extremely pro-klick

:chanpop:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Lunar Suite posted:

randler
more like rechter randler

Aber wenn mein Wunsch in Erfüllung geht bin ich die politische Mitte. :devil:

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
Nägar bitte. NÄÄÄGAAAR.

I'm sleeping at my parents house today. In my old room. Nothing better than hearing cow bells while dozing off.

Allgäu for life, bitches

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

My girlfriend lives in what I like to call West-tschechien, near the Waldstein. Middle of bumfuck nowhere and I'd probably go insane living there forever, but God, is it ever so beautiful and serene there. Great place to retire

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Which party wants to make refugees more of an election topic because they are flailing in the polls?

The answer might surprise you.

It's the SPD of course

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Duzzy Funlop posted:

My girlfriend lives in what I like to call West-tschechien, near the Waldstein. Middle of bumfuck nowhere and I'd probably go insane living there forever, but God, is it ever so beautiful and serene there. Great place to retire
If you do, just make sure you don't settle to close to Wunsiedel, so you don't have to deal with their parody of a language.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I've done and seen my share of Wunsiedel, including way too many trips to the Naturbühne and the adjacent labyrinth during school.

"hey, pretty nifty", I thought the first time. Then it started getting old real quick and the aftertaste of Wunsiedel increasingly ended up being defined by neonazi gedenkmärsche.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

A small, decrepit house with a 1000qm plot of land in the Kreis where my parents live, affectionately known as "badisch Sibirien", costs as much as a 26qm apartment in the city were I live. I like to browse Immobilienscout and dream of keeping chickens and planting flowers and poo poo. There's an endangered Badenian breed of chickens, the Sundheimer Huhn, that is majestic and cute as gently caress.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Realtalk, my retirement plans involve a small plot of land in rural Frankonia (anything but unter-, because lol unter-), a regulation-conforming wildgehege with a gaggle/herd/murder of foxes, some free-roaming chickens, and both an obscenely large array of smokers in my back yard, as well as ones with tow-hooks, so I can run my own chill BBQ-catering service.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

My family lives in rural Franconia so your retirement plans are literally "what my cousin does". I think they even have those exact chickens (or one of those large endangered breeds anyway).

I want to live in a Kleinstadt, because it has most of the countryside advantages, but occasionally something happens that is slightly different from every other day.

The Wunsiedel theater thing is great though. When I was on a school trip there they were playing "the name of the rose" so whenever we were hiking through those woods and labyrinths we heard spooky monks chanting which was cool.
Some years later I went with family to watch Schiller's "Die Räuber" and it was pretty good too. Some time in between I read the whole first harry potter book in one night while my family went to that theater without me because I was too small.

So yeah, Wunsiedel has been part of my life.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I got food poisoning in a Wunsiedel pizzeria once when I was a kid. Another time a drunk woman claimed my parents had stolen my sister and me from her.

Can confirm that the Felsenlabyrinth is neat, though.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
Haha, you guys think you will have any place to retire in our broken rear end society :D

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

I will retire into the wasteland

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Interesting stuff for sure. My retirement plans involve killing myself because, and I'm not sure if you've heard about this, poo poo is hosed and "die Rente" is not sicher at all!!!!!!

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Wengy posted:

Interesting stuff for sure. My retirement plans involve killing myself because, and I'm not sure if you've heard about this, poo poo is hosed and "die Rente" is not sicher at all!!!!!!

Hättest halt privat vorsorgen sollen. Dank meiner betrieblichen Altersvorsorge krieg ich in 40 Jahren jeden Monat lockere 14 Euro um die Rentenlücke zu schließen. :smuggo:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
lol. you guys really think that the invisible hand of the market will allow you to retire

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

GaussianCopula posted:

lol. you guys really think that the invisible hand of the market will allow you to retire

I'm already retired

Wait no that's just "tired"

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Given that I work for a tax advisor, I'm sure I'll be retired just as soon as the left gets an absolute majority.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Randler posted:

Hättest halt privat vorsorgen sollen. Dank meiner betrieblichen Altersvorsorge krieg ich in 40 Jahren jeden Monat lockere 14 Euro um die Rentenlücke zu schließen. :smuggo:

Nich alles auf einmal ausgeben!

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Randler posted:

Given that I work for a tax advisor, I'm sure I'll be retired just as soon as the left gets an absolute majority.

Yes, retired :commissar:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Randler posted:

So ... never?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Sereri posted:

Yes, retired :commissar:

:thejoke:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
i find everyone who talks about pensions before they have actually turned 60 insufferably boring

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

oliwan posted:

i find everyone who talks about pensions before they have actually turned 60 insufferably boring

Sometimes the boring stuff is the important stuff, cf. Klitschko's boxing style.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

oliwan posted:

I'm like this myself, but otoh I'm pretty sure that this attitude will eventually bite me in the rear end in a major way

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

oliwan posted:

Muss schön sein wenn man noch unter 25 ist.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grendels Dad posted:

Muss schön sein wenn man noch unter 25 ist.

lol im 34 and life really is too short to be thinking about your pension when you are still under 60

Ill think about it if Im actually alive at 65 or whatever I guess, and pensions are still a thing.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Oh noes using our brains to think about the future, so teh lame.

This is like brushing your teeth, it's basic maintenance that is not fun but it takes literal seconds.

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jul 23, 2017

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

aphid_licker posted:

Oh noes using our brains to think about the future, so teh lame.

This is like brushing your teeth, it's basic maintenance that is not fun but it takes literal seconds.

Pro tip op: maybe brush your teeth longer than literal seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I'm like this myself, but otoh I'm pretty sure that this attitude will eventually bite me in the rear end in a major way

If you want you can crash on the mattress in my future wasteland shack

Also, there is no future. Whatever gets elected after Trump is gonna be a nightmare and I don't think we are gonna survive what comes after the nightmare. YOLO