Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

boy i'd be real happy if the rangers got that same deal with zibanejad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Are there underlying magic fansy and stat stuff I don't know about Arvidsson or doesn't it sound risky to sing a 24 year old who jumps from 16 points to 61 until he is 31

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
It's 4.2m. Thats nothing if he's a top line winger, and it's average if he's nothing more than a middle 6 winger which he's almost certainly better than. There's very little risk to that contract

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Could be worse. Could be Andrew Shaw term and money.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Awesome deal

I still think Nashville should probably have traded Ekholm or Ellis for Duchene before the expansion draft, then they could have protected Neal as well

That being said, extremely stoked that the core of the team is locked up long term assuming the Johansen deal is done soon

I'd rather keep my killer Top 4 than James "Retaliatory Stick Penalty" Neal

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Ligur posted:

Are there underlying magic fansy and stat stuff I don't know about Arvidsson or doesn't it sound risky to sing a 24 year old who jumps from 16 points to 61 until he is 31

I love Arvi but I think the term is a little insane. Though the $ is probably fine even if he take a step back to the 40 point range. I'm mostly concerned about injuries because he always get the crap kicked out of him.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Arvidsson makes less than Bradon Sutter

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Nashville seems to have a knack for getting team-friendly long term contracts, and I am okay with that - because it gives the Pens yet another good comparable contract for Sheary.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
Underrated play-by-play blooper - Bob Cole calling the overtime winner in the 1999 Stanley Cup Final, and taking three tries to correctly identify Brett Hull.

Calling him Mike Modano, who had assisted on the goal and who was standing right there, was acceptable. Calling him Dennis Hull was... less acceptable.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/889149584710262785

Meet in the middle for 4 years please.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Giving more years means his ask goes up, not down.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/feliciaparrillo/status/889178577316585472
:iceburn:

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

he's not wrong

:sigh:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Marc Bergevin is going to trade for Letang so he can trade him away for his bad attitude.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Jordan7hm posted:

Giving more years means his ask goes up, not down.

Eh not necessarily since arbitration numbers are usually shoot high and shoot low for the player and team respectively. But, who knows, pretty sure they get a deal done anyways unless they're crazy

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

https://i.imgur.com/GIcolIl.gifv

Make it legal Gary

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

:eyepop:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

:lol: holy poo poo

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
If that's legal, then it needs to be legal for a goalie to throw his stick at the skater.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Well considering there is a mascot on the ice, I'm not sure you need to be concerned with how legal it is.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do regular penalties even count during a shootout though?

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Aphrodite posted:

Do regular penalties even count during a shootout though?

*Ron Hextall spontaneously decides to suit up for all future Flyers shootouts*

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

I think I like the goalie's reaction even more than the move itself

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I need some of that stick tape.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

FBS posted:

I need some of that stick tape.

I read somewhere he did it by curling the edge of the tape as he wrapped the stick, so part of the glue side pointed outwards.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Rob Schremp's path back to the NHL emerges.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
https://twitter.com/jmackeypg/status/889492097589538817

That's higher than I wanted but the D market seems to be high, Shattenkirk aside.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Add magnets to puck and embed magnets in stick-blade with a toggle button on the shaft of the stick. Battery life is very short so use your velcro-puck mode wisely!

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Also johnny oduya is a senator

1 year 1 mil

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Schremp Howard posted:

That's higher than I wanted but the D market seems to be high, Shattenkirk aside.

bleh. hopefully he keeps getting better over the next few years. best case is he turns into a slightly worse version of paul martin

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Schremp Howard posted:

I don't quite understand this. I heard the Pens were offering him like 2 mil and he was asking for 4. I guess they figured arbitration would just give him 4 anyways so why not lock him up?

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
That is not a good signing.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Teams offer significantly less for one year of an RFA than what they'd pay if the RFA is giving up term, especially if they are giving up UFA years.

This is consistent across the league.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

kalensc posted:

Add magnets to puck and embed magnets in stick-blade with a toggle button on the shaft of the stick. Battery life is very short so use your velcro-puck mode wisely!

Did you write the rulebook for indycar?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
brian dumoulin got the adam larsson contract

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

corn on the cop posted:

brian dumoulin got the adam larsson contract

Or the Olli Maatta if you prefer.

Benson Cunningham posted:

That is not a good signing.

I'm not thrilled with the AAV but his shot suppression is stellar and he's got a good exit pass. Kinda have to keep him.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

is that tkachyov. why havent you signed him yet jeff

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Yeah the deal buys out three years of UFA. I think he's a fine player, doesn't make many mistakes, but doesn't contribute much offensively. If he takes harder assignments to give Schultz/Letang more time in the offensive zone I'm not too upset.

Weird to think how Dumoulin became the most important direct piece of the Staal trade. Sutter was meh but they got Bonino out of him. Pouliot is going to die in the NHL or get picked up on waivers by someone this year.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Dumoulin seems like the elusive defensive defenseman who is actually good at defense. Not sure if that's worth $4.1M or not but it doesn't seem terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Good god if that's what Brian Dumoulin gets, what are they going to pay Sheary?
Don't get me wrong, I love me some Dumoulin but the dude is basically David Schlemko - there's no need to be throwing those dollars and term at him.

e: Also that leaves ~6m to sign Sheary and find a 3c so either we're going into this season without one (we have zero internal replacements... I think maybe Rust used to play center? Or Guentzel but why split him from Crosby) or someone is on the move to make room for one.

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jul 24, 2017

• Locked thread