Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

When did this WC show start? I thought it started 7 EST and it's 11:30 already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

yes

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Yep

I might have said it elsewhere, but anybody hoping it would have been shorter than the last card (4 hours) was hoping for a lot when this card was announced

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Jesus...4 hours +.

I just don't have the patience to watch this in one sitting.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Every card is 10 matches. Always. They're never gonna get themselves under 4 hours and it sucks.

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

Phenix Rising posted:

So Jervis Cottonbelly is now Gentleman Jervis and his entrance at WrestleCircus was met with a "gently caress Chikara" chant while the commentators noted that his belly was no longer made of cotton and speculated as to what other soft things it could be made of. His mask also no longer has a monocle.

So should we hate Mike Quackenbush now?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Forget Wrestlecircus, watch Hoodslam.

https://www.twitch.tv/hoodslam

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Qoey posted:

They're both awful people

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Forget Wrestlecircus, watch Hoodslam.

https://www.twitch.tv/hoodslam

gently caress that, go to this instead

https://twitter.com/SexyChuckieT/status/888799545773240320

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Qoey posted:

It's a weird thing. Jervis is a Chikara creation, right? And the guy playing him now has been doing it all over the place for a long time. So it's strange that they would wait so long to copyright the name, but it makes sense that they would want to I guess? I dunno. Wrestling is weird.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Chikara that world renowned extremely famous wrestling company that literally everyone knows about needs to protect their brand. They can't have a guy go wrestle elsewhere and get over at every single show he goes to and potentially bring more fans to world famous chikara. That's bad business.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I went to the Wrestle Circus show last night.

Pros:

Like all of the talent ruled. I'm glad I got to see Lio Rush and Dijak before they went to WWE, RPG Vice and the Lucha Bros were great as expected, Sami Callahan is real good at being a total piece of poo poo, etc.

The crowd was pretty chill except for one guy near us who really thought he was gonna get himself over

Cons:

Toooooooo loving long. Shows don't need to go 5 hours.

You can't see poo poo when people are outside of the ring.

The scramble match.

Match sequencing, putting Rachel Ellering/Tessa Blanchard on last was basically sending them out to die

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
The New and Improved Chuck Taylor is making his debut in Nova Pro
https://twitter.com/VAWrestling/status/889137013198385152

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

Boco_T posted:

The New and Improved Chuck Taylor is making his debut in Nova Pro
https://twitter.com/VAWrestling/status/889137013198385152

I keep forgetting about that dude. What, isn't the angle like he bought the copyright to the name Chuck Taylor so the actual Chuck Taylor had to wrestle in Chikara with a different name each time?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Qoey posted:

I keep forgetting about that dude. What, isn't the angle like he bought the copyright to the name Chuck Taylor so the actual Chuck Taylor had to wrestle in Chikara with a different name each time?

The real Chuck Tayor just wrestles as DUSTIN now in CHIKARA. He did have like 20 names before he settled on that one though.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Bit late here, but this match was utterly insane. Match of the night and on a card with Pete, Tyler, Trent, Ospreay, Travis, Flash etc etc that's pretty crazy

Kyle Fletcher & Mark Davis are definitely a pair to watch. Theyd both wrestled Attack a couple of times before but this was their proper arrival on the scene

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

any recommendations for progress stuff with South Pacific Power Trip on the card?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Used to be 10 https://twitter.com/WrestleCircus/status/889234616007221248

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TV Zombie posted:

any recommendations for progress stuff with South Pacific Power Trip on the card?

the early ENDVR cards were pretty cool because you could watch green as gooseshit rookies have better matches than NXT produce.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Just saw this and am SO drat HAPPY. 10 matches crammed in there was way too much, and there were always these filler matches. And what sucks is (almost) every match is good so it's hard to complain about seeing some of these wrestlers, but it was still way too long of a show.

This is awesome news.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Qoey posted:

The gag was that after one of OG Chuck's retirement tour fakeouts, the reaction was "No, you said you were retiring. You gave up being Chuck Taylor and this guy went and bought the name in the meantime. You can come back and wrestle, but you can't be Chuck Taylor anymore."

The best replacement name is still "This Is" Howie Dewitt.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Finally won something:

https://twitter.com/RealQTMarshall/status/889245610469208065

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

TV Zombie posted:

The South Pacific Power Trip/Ringkampf match from Chapter 43 elevated both of those teams to beloved status.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Thank god. I remember watching the last show and just looking at the clock 3 hours later and thinking wait. There are like 4 more matches after this?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Phenix Rising posted:

Just saw this and am SO drat HAPPY. 10 matches crammed in there was way too much, and there were always these filler matches. And what sucks is (almost) every match is good so it's hard to complain about seeing some of these wrestlers, but it was still way too long of a show.

This is awesome news.

Yep, this makes me way more likely to go back.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Go full IWA-MS and run 12-15 do it WrestleCircus gently caress the haters.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They made a typo, it's now 8 hours per show

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Yep, this makes me way more likely to go back.

Let's just hope the AC and bathrooms don't break again...

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Chris James 2 posted:

They made a typo, it's now 8 hours per show

5 of those hours are just the entrances for everybody in than night's scramble match.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

So apparently Adam Cole's done with indie dates now, and this was his last one, and this happened. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E12U2zkTZqU A couple minutes after the video his shoulder popped out again. Dude was in a sling when I saw him today.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I thought I saw a card where he was in a tag with Britt Baker....yep on Aug 5 for Wrestlecircus.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Phenix Rising posted:

It's a weird thing. Jervis is a Chikara creation, right? And the guy playing him now has been doing it all over the place for a long time. So it's strange that they would wait so long to copyright the name, but it makes sense that they would want to I guess? I dunno. Wrestling is weird.

From what I understand it has something to do with Jervis wanting money from Chikara for the gimmick being in the video game and threatened legal action so Chikara trademarked the name in retaliation

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

I thought I saw a card where he was in a tag with Britt Baker....yep on Aug 5 for Wrestlecircus.

It's possible I misheard and it was just his last date with IWC, in which case I look kinda dumb.

Xerzes fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jul 25, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/RichardsWesley/status/889573195212349441

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Phenix Rising posted:

Let's just hope the AC and bathrooms don't break again...

Oh man, y'all get AC? No AC makes PWG shows a challenge to get through.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Didn't he say the same stuff a couple of years ago to get out of ROH, that his dream was to be an EMT or something?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Germansimp posted:

Didn't he say the same stuff a couple of years ago to get out of ROH, that his dream was to be an EMT or something?

And he went and got a paramedic job, which he mentions in that note

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Rush is coming to mucha lucha Atlanta for their October show

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

oatgan posted:

shiiiit gonna have to get to that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

oatgan posted:

I am hyped as gently caress.

Also, I really hope Jeff Cobb can make it (He was scheduled for June, but had an injury :saddowns:)

Plus CARISTICO, so, yeh, gonna be dope