Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

basic hitler posted:

anyone who thinks the black lodge and the supernatural elements of the show are some figurative display of trauma or w/e are dumbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Within the world of Twin Peaks they are literal, but within our world, watching Twin Peaks on television, they are representations of abstract ideas like pain and sorrow (garmonbozia)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
So I guess symbolism has killed and mutilated the couple in the bunker room. Deep.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

did you ever find your laptop

That quote is from an ex girlfriend from 2007. And no, she never found it.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

th3t00t posted:

That quote is from an ex girlfriend from 2007. And no, she never found it.

1. no it wasn't
2. why did you post that
3. what is wrong with you

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Thank you for posting that incredibly hilarious racist rant. God drat that was gold.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
the radio station song is so much better than the NIN song

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
Laura Palmer is the moon child. Jack Parsons performed a ritual outside white sands just before the atom bomb test. All this poo poo is about ritual magic and spiritual alchemy. Also they're not spirits. They're extra-dimensional beings and everything about them that resembles our reality is that way because our brains can't fathom their reality or methods of communication on any level so they make it familiar for us. Also I'm a gay baby.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
e: wrong thread

schmuckfeatures
Oct 27, 2003
Hair Elf

Relin posted:

the radio station song is so much better than the NIN song

Yeah. I enjoyed the episode but couldn't stand the NIN poo poo. It really didn't belong.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

CJacobs posted:

From a page ago but lol that you tried this poo poo again and people weren't having it here either. The show's good spudsbuckley, suck it up

Nah, it's not doing so hot. Even the best auteur needs an editor. It seems like Showtime gave Lynch a free hand and he's using that hand to jerk off.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I'll bet he didn't let Mark Frost have any input at all AND he told Showtime not to air an episode on Sunday! That goddam rascal is ruining everything!!!

*keeps watching the show and this thread for opportunities to complain*

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
You're just mad because you know I'm right. This show just isn't panning out so far.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Nah I've been waiting for this for 14 years and it's still exceeding any hopes I've ever had and I've rewatched most of the episodes. Bone to the haters: I didn't rewatch that one that was SUPER Dougie heavy because hey I enjoy the slow burn on that storyline but I don't need it twice. I'm happy as a pig in poo poo with the show and just annoyed with the really really shallow criticism. There's probably more structured and considered hate in TVIV but fuuuuuck that.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Nah I've been waiting for this for 14 years and it's still exceeding any hopes I've ever had and I've rewatched most of the episodes. Bone to the haters: I didn't rewatch that one that was SUPER Dougie heavy because hey I enjoy the slow burn on that storyline but I don't need it twice. I'm happy as a pig in poo poo with the show and just annoyed with the really really shallow criticism. There's probably more structured and considered hate in TVIV but fuuuuuck that.

The criticism is shallow because the show itself is shallow. (Checkmate.)

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

The Dennis System posted:

The criticism is shallow because the show itself is shallow. (Checkmate.)

counterpoint: its good

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0PNZWvDsQU

Love this scene. Nobody screams like Bowie.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
After that weeklong hiatus, I sure am glad to get back to Twin Peaks in just 22 short minutes!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I made it 14 years between new episodes since falling in love with TP in 2003 but they skip one week in the new run and I'm having nic fits something fierce over it. Go to bed you stupid kids, daddy needs his fix.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

well, that episode was the closest thing to the old twin peaks so far. sticking it through to see if jerry horne ever sobers up and makes it out of those woods

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I made it 14 years between new episodes since falling in love with TP in 2003 but they skip one week in the new run and I'm having nic fits something fierce over it. Go to bed you stupid kids, daddy needs his fix.
If your kids don't want to watch Twin Peaks with you, they should be disowned

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

a hole-y ghost posted:

If your kids don't want to watch Twin Peaks with you, they should be disowned

They are four, one, and one! Come on, man!

They've only seen Blue Velvet and Wild at Heart so far, of course.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

I cant believe he got away with this. frost just remorselessly dunking again and again on weak poo poo directors who made literally anything else

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Naomi Watts raped Dougie.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich

dick wizard posted:

Laura Palmer is the moon child. Jack Parsons performed a ritual outside white sands just before the atom bomb test. All this poo poo is about ritual magic and spiritual alchemy. Also they're not spirits. They're extra-dimensional beings and everything about them that resembles our reality is that way because our brains can't fathom their reality or methods of communication on any level so they make it familiar for us. Also I'm a gay baby.

they should make a bloodborne show

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Naomi Watts raped Dougie.

Wish she could rape me :smith:

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Kuato posted:

Wish she could rape me :smith:

Hell, same.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Is this TVIV?

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Apple Craft posted:

Is this TVIV?
not until we debate about :tvtropes: for 4 or more pages.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

SplitSoul posted:

gently caress GENE KELLY YOU MOTHERFUCKER

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

All I really ask from a Star Trek movie is a few good McCoy lines, and all I ask from a Twin Peaks season is a few good Albert lines. Mission accomplished, I'd say.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
There's no way Kyle MacLachlan is so toned at 58. I refuse to believe he is.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Paladinus posted:

he's always been a lean guy and he's probably tried to get in shape for this. middle-aged paunches are likely but not inevitable.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Paladinus posted:

Camera tricks and make-up.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
thats my body. im standing in for mr mclachlans body. his head is a motorbike helmet i painted myself.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

What the gently caress at that scene with the woman honking the car horn and the kid in the passenger seat throwing up. That would be the craziest poo poo I've ever seen in a TV show, EXCEPT that the insanity of the scene is constantly undercut because Bobby has a "this is ridiculous" look on his face the entire time and they keep cutting to Bobby's face constantly. I don't even.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

AHHHHHHHHH.

AHHHH.

AHHHHHHHH.

AH.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

What the gently caress at that scene with the woman honking the car horn and the kid in the passenger seat throwing up. That would be the craziest poo poo I've ever seen in a TV show, EXCEPT that the insanity of the scene is constantly undercut because Bobby has a "this is ridiculous" look on his face the entire time and they keep cutting to Bobby's face constantly. I don't even.

bobby must be forgetting what an incredible ham he was 25 years ago, because he fit in exactly with that woman's behaviour in times gone by.

that episode was pretty good. it felt nice to finally have dougie involved in something interesting.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
I was hoping the wacky sky portal would have taken Cole to the lodge where the Giant would've handed him Coop's shoes.
But cherry pie is cool too.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

that was creepily hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yTRllQlEQE&t=83s

• Locked thread