Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Ghost Dog posted:

im not sure deandre is better than tt at switching but yeah its hilarious that apparently replacing the outside shooting presence of tristan thompson will be the downfall of the cavs spacing??

george on the thunder is far cooler than george on the cavs would have been

TT's offensive rebounding really gives GSW fits though. I'm not sure DeAndre is an improvement against GSW.

Lebron's media team is savaging Kyrie tho. drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Is there a rule against a player literally being GM or is that an Air Bud situation

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dexo posted:

Shouts to Lebron's media team.

Kyrie wants a trade Because LeBron is leaving and Dan Gilbert is incompetent.

Everything else is editorializing lol.

Kyrie doesn't want to play on a team without LeBron so he wants to be traded now instead of playing next year with LeBron. That makes more sense than waiting a year for the trade request.

:thunk:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kingcobweb posted:

Is there a rule against a player literally being GM or is that an Air Bud situation

I assume its like player/coach where they won't allow it anymore because they're worried about circumnavigating the cap

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lockback posted:

Kyrie doesn't want to play on a team without LeBron so he wants to be traded now instead of playing next year with LeBron. That makes more sense than waiting a year for the trade request.

If he knows the team can't build a contender to deal with the Warriors. And hes sick of LeBron. Yes it does make sense to leave now rather than be left holding the bag.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/889144411006828544

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Connor McGregor is a hyper honky and I look forward to Floyd million dollar babying him

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I had a dream that Malik Beasly was in a serious car accident, get well soon fictive Malik Beasly

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Connor McGregor is a hyper honky and I look forward to Floyd million dollar babying him
:same:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Langston isn't quite baller enough to dribble through a quintuple-team of 12 year olds.

https://twitter.com/LangGalloway10/status/889156334779846656

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG5MwtC2uLM
If you dont get Lavar "we're still talking about him" Ball
Watch this video
He's doing Sho'nuff from the Last Dragon, He's doing Bundini Brown, he's hyped his veggie tales offspring into professional sports and already made a lot of money. He understands how the sporting press works and exploited it. Thart Art Whar it art

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
I need to watch the last dragon again
I remember watching it as a kid and thinking it was insanely dope
I suspect it's kinda lame, like most things you once thought were cool

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Ammanas posted:

No it's pretty good

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Kibner posted:

Langston isn't quite baller enough to dribble through a quintuple-team of 12 year olds.

https://twitter.com/LangGalloway10/status/889156334779846656

I'd like to see Harden 1v1 a child and do his rip-through drive move to draw a foul

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/larrydn22/status/888972563283456000

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Ammanas posted:

I made the mistake of watching the first X-Men movie recently after remembering it through a rose-tinted nostalgia haze for years, and brother, it does NOT hold up

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/889198173260062722

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
There are some good shots but any movie with Anna Pacquin in a pivotal role is gonna suck

Blade remains goat superhero movie

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Yeah, Floyd is a piece of poo poo.

http://www.businessinsider.com/floyd-mayweather-domestic-violence-history-2015-4

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Where is Saddam?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

That is genuinely awesome

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

This is so cool. My heart grew 3 sizes today

Also I hope Conor somehow KOs Floyd and then gets destroyed in his next UFC fight. gently caress em both but Floyd especially

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

McGregor is incredible and I hope he turns that wife beating piece of garbage into the deceased version of Apollo Creed.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

can we not sully the good name of the NBA thread with that incredibly stupid fight

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

quote:

Draymond Green was not too happy that Conor McGregor was wearing a Golden State Warriors jersey but the UFC star would have the last laugh.

Green posted a photo on Saturday morning of McGregor wearing Green's No. 23 Warriors jersey. He captioned the photo, "We rocking with Floyd bro not you... take that off bruh @thenotoriousmma"

He thought it was his jersey but then McGregor said that it was a C.J. Watson Warriors jersey. "I don't know who the f--k you are. No disrespect tho kid keep hustling and stay in school. Now ask yourself why I'm rocking C.j. when I don't give a f--k about basketball. dribble heads off the floor. Not a ball. This is no game here kid."

McGregor may have been wearing a C.J. Watson jersey because the former Warriors was reportedly in a relationship with Josie Harris, who is the mother of Mayweather's three children and was the victim of a 2010 assault by the boxer. Mayweather was sentenced to 90 days in jail for the assault.

Lol stay in school Draymond

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
This fight is so dumb.

Floyd is going to wash him. Connor is going to get paid.

But I guess you want to actually be engaged enough to root for the racist over the wife beater.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Redgrendel2001 posted:

McGregor is incredible and I hope he turns that wife beating piece of garbage into the deceased version of Apollo Creed.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I imagine the MMA scene has a very high incidence of milkshake ducks.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

WhyteRyce posted:

lmfao

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

:cmon:

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

MourningView posted:

I assume its like player/coach where they won't allow it anymore because they're worried about circumnavigating the cap

If by the cap, you're referring to an ice cap on a flat earth, that's a great pun.

So, of course you were

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
This offseason has been so bonkers I legit forgot that PG got traded to the Thunder for peanuts.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Noctone posted:

This offseason has been so bonkers I legit forgot that PG got traded to the Thunder for peanuts.

I like the sound of "Peanuts" Oladipo.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

So is Pritchard not gonna get fired after he basically admitted he took a shittier deal for dumbass reasons

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

so kyrie is going to the warriors right

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Ramadu posted:

let's keep this long nightmare train runnin'

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

quote:

After considering a possible NBA return, Jimmer Fredette will spend at least one more season in China, tweets international basketball writer David Pick. Fredette has agreed to a one-year deal in the $1.8MM range to remain with the Shanghai Sharks. The 28-year-old is coming off an MVP season in the Chinese Basketball Association, averaging 37.4 points per game, along with 7.9 rebounds and 4.3 assists.

You go, Jimmer.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Ramadu posted:

By 2025 every NBA player will be on the Warriors.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

WhyteRyce posted:

I haven't seen an athlete get shut down this hard on insta since Mia Khalifa dumpstered Chad Kelly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Away all Goats posted:

So is Pritchard not gonna get fired after he basically admitted he took a shittier deal for dumbass reasons

Not immediately, the Pacers owners just want to make money and an 8 seed run with an IU guy will put people in the seats to a degree. However, unless McMillan can turn Dipo and Sabonis into good players (lol) then the luster will wear off. They won't make a move quickly though because they didn't hire the cheapest coach and probably the cheapest GM they could find just to then fire them with money left on the contract.

• Locked thread