Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Where does it say that Stormboyz can deep strike?

Easy, just use Da Jump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Ehh... hoods are for dark angels. Think I'll stick to plan A of stealing that other posters idea and kitbashing a chaplain and primaris ancient together and just counts as the bolt rifle.

quote:

Had drat well better have a helmet like with the librarian.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
http://imgur.com/gallery/0HJDg

Some more pages I hadn't seen before. I really like the CF warlord trait, feels very fluffy and will make sending Kantor charging into a horde of orks or tyrannids extra fun.

The Ultras warlord trait seems kind of nuts though, as long as he's alive you have a 30% of being refunded stratagem CP expenditures.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
With Renegades is it viable to run them as small elite teams of marauders/disciples with special weapons instead of a gigantic horde of mutant rabble?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I don't mind robes on armor, but I do agree that the Chaplain looks very Dark Angel specific in the way he wears it. Something more neutral like the Librarian would be a bit more fair, but we might have head options so who knows?

I think it has to go Librarian > Apothecary > Chaplain > Captain for which ones I like best so far.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

The Bee posted:

I don't mind robes on armor, but I do agree that the Chaplain looks very Dark Angel specific in the way he wears it. Something more neutral like the Librarian would be a bit more fair, but we might have head options so who knows?

I think it has to go Librarian > Apothecary > Chaplain > Captain for which ones I like best so far.

I like the captain well enough but I had to repose him slightly and green-stuff in the bit where the crest goes.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Although now I'm somewhat miffed as theres literally no option for him to get 2+ melee damage since the burning blade is just 1.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Artum posted:

Although now I'm somewhat miffed as theres literally no option for him to get 2+ melee damage since the burning blade is just 1.

I hope you're right about there being a customizable hq lt on the horizon. I want some god drat weapon options.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Do the Primaris Lieutenants get any new options?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Floppychop posted:

Easy, just use Da Jump

It really is an amazing power.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
did the Battlescribe data blog drop shadow war armageddon and 40k 8e for anyone else?

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Rulebook Heavily posted:

did the Battlescribe data blog drop shadow war armageddon and 40k 8e for anyone else?

I got a 404 on the remote data on the app a few min ago.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It really is an amazing power.

Only time I don't use it as a power on a Weirdboy is when I already have a Weirdboy with it as his power.

Something about catapulting a mob of 30 boyz or a full unit of Tankbustas into your opponent's back line is just too much fun to pass up.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Yeah it's not in my data either when I went to update it. I'm just assuming they'll add it back in once the Space Marine codex drops officially

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I'm hearing don't update Battlescribe then?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
I can't decide if I love these guys because of how much character they have, or hate them because of how much fiddly detail every single one has. Looking forward to painting some primaris without a billion skulls and ropes and blood drops next.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

For Renegades, if I attach some Chaos Space Marines units, do I lose the benefits of a covenant? Or is it OK because they all still have the Chaos keyword?

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

goose willis posted:

For Renegades, if I attach some Chaos Space Marines units, do I lose the benefits of a covenant? Or is it OK because they all still have the Chaos keyword?

This was answered in the first FAQ IIRC.

Does anyone know of a guide for the different company markings for Raven Guard, or how they differentiate things?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Yes but let's say that the warlord is a Renegade Commander and I just add in some Chaos Space Marines units elsewhere in the force organization chart, is that OK with covenants? Never tried any sort of allying in 8th edition before

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So flakk missiles might be a useful stratagem, but I'm not sure d3 mortal wounds is going to cut it against a flyer-heavy list.

I like that Primaris LTs can basically have whatever they want for equipment. Great poo poo, going to put those in a repulsor with some aggressors.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Booley posted:

I can't decide if I love these guys because of how much character they have, or hate them because of how much fiddly detail every single one has. Looking forward to painting some primaris without a billion skulls and ropes and blood drops next.

Those are some nice looking Death Company you have there.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

chutche2 posted:

So flakk missiles might be a useful stratagem, but I'm not sure d3 mortal wounds is going to cut it against a flyer-heavy list.

I like that Primaris LTs can basically have whatever they want for equipment. Great poo poo, going to put those in a repulsor with some aggressors.

Can you link to a picture of the dataslate for the Primaris LT?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

chutche2 posted:

Flyer heavy lists won't be quite as flyer heavy anymore either.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
EDIT: claimed

FREE TO GOOD HOME

34 Alpha Legion shoulder pads. 20 still in the package, 4 loose unpainted and 10 loose that need stripping. I'm never going to use them.

Also, I could use 2 bolt pistol Seraphim if anyone has a couple to sell.

Rando fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jul 24, 2017

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

goose willis posted:

Yes but let's say that the warlord is a Renegade Commander and I just add in some Chaos Space Marines units elsewhere in the force organization chart, is that OK with covenants? Never tried any sort of allying in 8th edition before

I think it would be okay, but the CSM wouldn't benefit from any renegade stuff.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Pendent posted:

Can you link to a picture of the dataslate for the Primaris LT?

It's in here

bonds0097 posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/0HJDg

Some more pages I hadn't seen before. I really like the CF warlord trait, feels very fluffy and will make sending Kantor charging into a horde of orks or tyrannids extra fun.

The Ultras warlord trait seems kind of nuts though, as long as he's alive you have a 30% of being refunded stratagem CP expenditures.

Edit: Now I see they're not primaris, just regular lieutenants. Weird, I didn't expect smallmarines to get anything.

JoshTheStampede posted:

Flyer heavy lists won't be quite as flyer heavy anymore either.

Not necessarily true. Guilliman + 5 storm ravens is still perfectly fine as long as guilliman is on the table. It only stops people from using pure flyer list, you can still bring a list with 3-4 storm ravens and ground stuff.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Yeah maybe. Guilliman is hard to kill but if you know you win instantly when he dies you can maybe ignore everything and bum rush him. Doubly so for the 6 Ravens and Dante list people were running.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So since it's a regular marine LT, I can add him to the dumb stormraven cargo I was thinking of. Chaplain, LT, apothecary, company champion with shield eternal, and various veterans. Maybe give the chaplain terminator armor. Could do 5 vanguard veterans kitted out, plus some company veterans with like combi-flamers or whatever.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
I finished some scout Sentinels for my GSC

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Are they ever going to bring back those human auxiliaries for the Tau? Honestly thought that was the coolest thing they ever did for them.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
That pimp-canius is enough to make me want the $60 bigmar. Nearly, at least.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

goose willis posted:

Are they ever going to bring back those human auxiliaries for the Tau? Honestly thought that was the coolest thing they ever did for them.

No update in Imperial Armour Taros campaign?

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Just played a 700 point game with the Open War cards and it was really fun!

I forgot the name of the card, but we got the mission that had a runner that if he died, the game was over, and the one that allows for each player to choose an enemy unit and inflict D3 mortal wounds, which we both forgot about :v:

It was my Emperor's Children versus Imperium. My Hellbrute was the runner and he ended up getting lascannoned to death. The Fuckbois icon really helped murder a lot of the Imperium, and a pure melee Hellbrute with a fist and hammer is devastating next to a chaos lord.

Reroll 1's to hit, Death to the False Emperor on a 5+, 5 strength 12 attacks with 2 melee weapons, and gets to fight at the end of any phase if it is within 1" of an enemy on a 6 if it took any wounds.

First time playing my lil vanguard and it was a blast.

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jul 24, 2017

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So hey, awesome. Big point decrease for most space marine tanks. Predators, stalkers, and hunters are losing 10 points, whirlwinds 15, vindicators 25. Plus drop pods are losing 10 points.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

chutche2 posted:

So hey, awesome. Big point decrease for most space marine tanks. Predators, stalkers, and hunters are losing 10 points, whirlwinds 15, vindicators 25. Plus drop pods are losing 10 points.

Where are you seeing this?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

JoshTheStampede posted:

Where are you seeing this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpvAr9DRmgQ

This guy does a page by page review of the book. Doesn't focus on point values for long but you can pause it and read a lot of them. Don't know if any weapon costs changed though.

One big change is that inceptors went down 15 points per model, that's huge. You can see the first half-page of weapon points in the video, assault bolters are still 15 points. So a unit of 3 went from 225 to 180.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 24, 2017

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Any word on a Primaris Tech-Marine? I would like to supplement my Admec with some primaris but want a techy leader for them.

Edit: vvvv That is too bad, a bigger marine with mechadendrites and power wrenches would have been rad.

Cainer fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jul 24, 2017

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Cainer posted:

Any word on a Primaris Tech-Marine? I would like to supplement my Admec with some primaris but want a techy leader for them.

Doesn't look like it. Not in the Codex, no leaks anywhere.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Cainer posted:

I hope for one soon, as well as proper Primaris devastators. The Apothecary gave me hope for robot arms to come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Also, news re: chapter tactics

A successor chapter uses the chapter tactics of the founding chapter. If unclear what that is, pick a chapter tactic. So by that wording, FW successors can use their founding chapter tactics.

It says that to use a chapter tactic, all units in a detachment must share the same chapter. So I'm guessing that means no imperial allies in the detachment, making things awkward for assassins and the like. Will have to field them as an auxilliary detachment or find a way to fit them as a patrol, which is rough with the way CP is so valuable now.

Tactics are detachment based, you can have two detachments from two different marine chapters.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 24, 2017