Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
they are, except for mine

Alright, new page!

Dieu de Ciel, way better than Unibroue, which is trash beer for trashpeople?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

JawKnee posted:

they are, except for mine

Alright, new page!

Dieu de Ciel, way better than Unibroue, which is trash beer for trashpeople?

Yes. It is known.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Canadian craft beer is overpriced garbage water compared to the US.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Postess with the Mostest posted:

This is true, except for DDC! which is extremely good and not very expensive. Every craft brewery in Alberta blows rear end though.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
Oregon and Washington state do still seem to kick our asses on both

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

JawKnee posted:

Oregon and Washington state do still seem to kick our asses on both

Better wine than BC too.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

namaste faggots posted:

Psa, in Vancouver the first thing you should do whenever you buy a car is change the tires. Buy two sets. High performance summer and high performance winter.

Tire grip in the rain is nonexistent in anything else.

Never buy the blizzaks or whatever at Costco because you will have even less grip in the rain than your bullshit stock 'all season' tires.

My favourite thing is watching idiots in all season tires try to get their big trucks/SUVs up the small hill I live on in the winter when it's snowed half a centimeter and having them fail miserably.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Until recently Propeller beer was just as cheap as Coors Light and Bud Light, then the NSLC bumped prices and somehow it's more expensive, but still a better deal than most.

There are a few other crafts that are cheap (but still expensive compared to other provinces).

I have buddies in the city who just stop by Propeller every day or two to fill up their growlers, I wish I could do that :(

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Professor Shark posted:

Until recently Propeller beer was just as cheap as Coors Light and Bud Light, then the NSLC bumped prices and somehow it's more expensive, but still a better deal than most.

There are a few other crafts that are cheap (but still expensive compared to other provinces).

I have buddies in the city who just stop by Propeller every day or two to fill up their growlers, I wish I could do that :(

I keep meaning to get down to the Alderney Saturday market and get some Smokey the Beer by Brightwood Brewery. It is so good. I never seem to get down there though. I hit up North Brewing at Battery Park regularly though. Oh poo poo, beer chat. gently caress.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Get a fully loaded Subaru legacy and enjoy a $40k car at $32k out the door.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

SpannerX posted:

I keep meaning to get down to the Alderney Saturday market and get some Smokey the Beer by Brightwood Brewery. It is so good. I never seem to get down there though. I hit up North Brewing at Battery Park regularly though. Oh poo poo, beer chat. gently caress.

Right now I'm drinking a Molson Canadian Stone Fruit Cider :getin:

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Professor Shark posted:

Right now I'm drinking a Molson Canadian Stone Fruit Cider :getin:

I haven't tried that, I stick to the local stuff. Actually I'm off the cider lately. gently caress, drink chat again!

Content: THE WIFE and I were dining in Halifax the other day, and we overheard someone commenting on how they were considering moving here due to the affordability of living in Halifax. Must be independently wealthy or something since the job market is poo poo.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I just talked to a woman who was the victim of a road rage incident a few days ago. Guy raged the gently caress out, chucked something at her car that left a massive divot. She got out to assess damage and he ran her the gently caress over and drove off.

He was released on a promise to appear and she's got a cast on her arm a brace on her leg and looks like she was attacked by a loving bear.

At least she's out and about enjoying fringe festival.

gently caress cars make them illegal or bring on an economic apocalypse so bad nobody can afford them anymore.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

EvilJoven posted:

I just talked to a woman who was the victim of a road rage incident a few days ago. Guy raged the gently caress out, chucked something at her car that left a massive divot. She got out to assess damage and he ran her the gently caress over and drove off.

He was released on a promise to appear and she's got a cast on her arm a brace on her leg and looks like she was attacked by a loving bear.

At least she's out and about enjoying fringe festival.

gently caress cars make them illegal or bring on an economic apocalypse so bad nobody can afford them anymore.

Yeah I'm pretty sure assault with a deadly weapon would still be A Thing even if cars were banned. The problem is that crimes committed in cars are just not considered as serious as they should be. If instead of running the woman over, he'd taken out a gun and shot at her, it would rightfully be attempted murder and I doubt he'd be released on a promise to appear. We don't need to get rid of cars, we need to get rid of the mindset that says you can gently caress around and it doesn't matter that much. That means getting tough on road rage, improving driver education, instituting mandatory rules for recurrent training, and properly enforcing the rules of the road.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Most of the things that can be appreciated in a luxury performance car require high speed and aggressive maneuvering. If you're driving under the speed limit, defensively and considerately then pretty much all new cars feel the same.

What I'm saying is luxury performance car drivers are unsafe drivers.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Maybe that stereotype of people driving German cars being assholes is supported by facts

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

cowofwar posted:

Most of the things that can be appreciated in a luxury performance car require high speed and aggressive maneuvering. If you're driving under the speed limit, defensively and considerately then pretty much all new cars feel the same.

What I'm saying is luxury performance car drivers are unsafe drivers.

I see you've never enjoyed the dubious pleasure of driving a Nissan Sentra. Holy christ did that car feel awful in literally every way. The brakes were terrible, the acceleration was glacial, the transmission was a sin against God, the visibility was terrible, and the ergonomics felt like poo poo. There was no part of that car that wasn't extremely bad.

Also, fast acceleration is neither illegal, inconsiderate, nor unsafe, so bigger engines are still better. And better cornering performance allows you to slow down less for corners while maintaining an equivalent margin of safety, which is also fun without compromising safety or breaking the law. Better brakes are obviously a good thing for emergency situations too.

The people who really grind my gears are the people who accelerate extremely slowly, to the point they can't merge onto a highway properly, but end up wanting to go quite a bit over the speed limit. I don't understand those people at all.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Says the loving idiot who drives a convertible with leaf springs

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

namaste faggots posted:

Says the loving idiot who drives a convertible with leaf springs

It's not a convertible lol

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

namaste faggots posted:

I hate craft beer dickhead

Don't sign your posts

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Professor Shark posted:

As cheap as Coors Light? I had to buy some for my inlaws and I thought the guy made a mistake, http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/coors-light/906628 That poo poo is top dollar. A small coors is more than a big lowenbrau. I don't get it. 2.15 for a small coors, 2.60 for a tall craft (from the brewery). It's mental.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
The last generation Audi Q7 started at like USD49k, so if you paid 40k for a three year old coming off a fleet lease , eh.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Lol if u think a bourgeois social climber is gonna buy a base model specimen of German engineering

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

As cheap as Coors Light? I had to buy some for my inlaws and I thought the guy made a mistake, http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/coors-light/906628 That poo poo is top dollar. A small coors is more than a big lowenbrau. I don't get it. 2.15 for a small coors, 2.60 for a tall craft (from the brewery). It's mental.

LCBO Vs NSLC. I think we pay around a buck and a half for Coors, Budweiser, and Bud light. If you are buying by the 30 pack that is. Actually I think it's up to 1.75 or so now.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I think being a Car Enthusiast who Enjoys The Driving Experience is a legitimate hobby, it's just like the most basic, boring and overly shaped by marketing one you could possibly choose.

"I love it when I press the pedal and the car goes faster and the engine makes a sound. It amazes me that turning the wheel makes that the car move right or left."

Like ripping on a track I'm sure would be fun, but I can't wrap my head around anyone claiming to enjoy driving on normal roads in normal cities. Safe and legal driving is boring and simple, yet requires your complete attention to do properly, which is a lame rear end combo.

At the point where you are going fast enough for it to be thrilling and require some modicum of skill, you are automatically being a dick, risking fines, and putting other people at risk.

I pretty much file it in the same category as birding or stamp collecting as far as hobbies go.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Frank Dillinger posted:

You should try alberta's roads. No corners, ever.

Gotta watch out for the correction lines though. Stupid S-curves with nothing around them for the road to be obviously avoiding!

On beer chat, I don't mind that there is so much crappy micro brews and shittty wine being made. At least more and more people are trying out new recipes, styles, etc. More rolls of the dice means more chances that someone will hit on a style I like to drink. It is a situation I see as preferable to only having the choice of piss lager A or piss lager B.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

namaste faggots posted:

Lol if u think a bourgeois social climber is gonna buy a base model specimen of German engineering

1) it was a fleet lease.

2) resale value generally track the base msrp, you generally don't get back most of the extra you spend on options and upper trims at resale.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
lmfao car chat intermingled with beer chat kill me now.

Mandibular Fiasco
Oct 14, 2012

Throatwarbler posted:

1) it was a fleet lease.

2) resale value generally track the base msrp, you generally don't get back most of the extra you spend on options and upper trims at resale.

It wasn't part of a fleet. It was a CEO-only perk.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Mandibular Fiasco posted:

It wasn't part of a fleet. It was a CEO-only perk.

Was it owned and insured by the company? If so it's going to show up as a fleet vehicle in any car history database, just like any small contractor's truck. Of course a car dealer will tell you it was a CEO car that was only driven to church on Sundays, they say that about every car.

Wasting
Apr 25, 2013

The next to go

The Butcher posted:

I pretty much file it in the same category as birding or stamp collecting as far as hobbies go.

Right, but I only go after the premium European birds

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I only like artisinal craft cars.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

leftist heap posted:

lmfao car chat intermingled with beer chat kill me now.

I approve of this message, let's git'r done!

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
I bought a Hyundai Ioniq brand new fully loaded.

Fight me.

Mandibular Fiasco
Oct 14, 2012

Throatwarbler posted:

Was it owned and insured by the company? If so it's going to show up as a fleet vehicle in any car history database, just like any small contractor's truck. Of course a car dealer will tell you it was a CEO car that was only driven to church on Sundays, they say that about every car.

I have no idea who insured it. It was known to be the CEO's car because the employees saw it being driven by him on a daily basis. Not that it matters. Still a dumb decision by the people buying out the lease.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
So this is total anecdata but over the past month I've now seen 3 or 4 ads on the local Facebook buy/sell for people looking for someone to do a lease takeover.

This is the most recent one, the person selling it is trying to get a '99/'00 replacement instead.

Up until now I'd seen like MAYBE one ad for lease takeover a year on that page.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Hahaha

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
my body is whiling

Lexicon
Jul 29, 2003

Lol best part of a grand a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
What the gently caress. Why would you pay $33000 for a 3 year old used car?

As for beer chat, here's one. How much do you think you have spent on alcohol in the past 10 years? What is your best estimate?