Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

PostNouveau posted:

Nah he should have surrendered.

Why'd he jump off the ship?

Because Euron's crew would have at least tortured him. Probably also killed him eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

TheRat posted:

Not sure what people expect here. He was fighting until he was literally the only one left standing. Dying for nothing would have been stupid.

The writers shouldn't have put him in a situation where his only two choices were to either ingloriously die or undo 3 seasons worth of a redemption arc.

Theon is clearly baggage that they don't know what to do with at this point.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Also it annoys the piss out of me that they couldn't find a slightly older actor to play Euron. His actor is only 5 years older than Alfie. The guy who played Balon was in his late, laaate 60s.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it shoulda been ian mcshane!! cocksuckers!!!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

The SituAsian posted:

Please please please let Theon drifting in the water lead to Gendry's re-entrance.

Haha, the eternal rower saves the day. That'd be pretty drat funny.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

TheRat posted:

Not sure what people expect here. He was fighting until he was literally the only one left standing. Dying for nothing would have been stupid.

To the uncle who has promised to kill him?

Look, I know Theon knows that he's got plot armor and can't die until he redeems himself, but jumping into the ocean is a bad plan.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Also it annoys the piss out of me that they couldn't find a slightly older actor to play Euron. His actor is only 5 years older than Alfie. The guy who played Balon was in his late, laaate 60s.

a 60 year old doesn't have the sexy pirate aesthetic they needed to make all the ladies wet though

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

that was poop that smells like butt

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The writers shouldn't have put him in a situation where his only two choices were to either ingloriously die or undo 3 seasons worth of a redemption arc.

I think the fact that you think "not dying for no reason" undoes his entire redemption arc says more about you than anything else tbh.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Groovelord Neato posted:

it shoulda been ian mcshane!! cocksuckers!!!

Isn't Ian McShane, like, 75? He ain't in shape for action scenes anymore.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Groovelord Neato posted:

cool euron has the trash plot armor and magic powers ramsay had.

euron and by extension cersei are the best and should be rooted for

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they both suck rear end.

Teddybear posted:

Isn't Ian McShane, like, 75? He ain't in shape for action scenes anymore.

they got stunt doubles for a reason! i'd at least buy him as a marauding badass.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

When he confronted Balon on the bridge didn't Balon say that he looked exactly the same and hadn't aged a day since when he left 30 years ago? I think there's an implication that he is in his 50s/60s but he found some sort of foreign magic to make himself look young

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

PostNouveau posted:

Why'd he jump off the ship?

Theon is technically the rightful ruler of the Iron islands, his uncle has every reason to kill him.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Away all Goats posted:

Theon is technically the rightful ruler of the Iron islands, his uncle has every reason to kill him.

Ah, fair enough then

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I was kinda shaky before but now I'm fully on the Euron bandwagon. Him screaming crazily and jumping headfirst into the battle owned. Plus he got rid of two of the worst characters on the show.

The scene of Yara jumping at Euron looked really lovely and fake though. As did the scene with Arya surrounded by the wolves.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

there's no way they would've found em at night btw.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Codependent Poster posted:

Some people will say Theon was a coward, but that was actually smart as hell.

Agreed. Don't know why people are complaining here. If he hadn't jumped, he'd be dead without a doubt.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

VaultAggie posted:

I was kinda shaky before but now I'm fully on the Euron bandwagon. Him screaming crazily and jumping headfirst into the battle owned.

That ruled

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
I'm gonna say it again, the Euron actor is being sold short by the character design. He acts just about crazy enough for book Euron, but looks like a schmuck.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

bbf2 posted:

When he confronted Balon on the bridge didn't Balon say that he looked exactly the same and hadn't aged a day since when he left 30 years ago? I think there's an implication that he is in his 50s/60s but he found some sort of foreign magic to make himself look young

I don't recall this but then again, I was just browsing the wiki and saw this http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Aeron_Greyjoy and I don't remember them ever officially recognizing this guy as important. Like, did they name him or is this just some background recognition? And in either case, this guy is also 70.

So it's either magic or Euron has himself some good-rear end genes.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

bbf2 posted:

He then forged that remaining magic into a powerful set of leather armor.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

VaultAggie posted:

I was kinda shaky before but now I'm fully on the Euron bandwagon. Him screaming crazily and jumping headfirst into the battle owned. Plus he got rid of two of the worst characters on the show.

Euron was basically a younger, evil version of Robert Baratheon there and it kind of owned.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Groovelord Neato posted:

there's no way they would've found em at night btw.

They followed the bad poosay smell

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

skasion posted:

I'm gonna say it again, the Euron actor is being sold short by the character design. He acts just about crazy enough for book Euron, but looks like a schmuck.

book Euron would have started fighting the Mountain right in front of the throne last episode

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

He then forged that remaining magic into a powerful set of leather armor.

he might as well considering his suit of valyrian armor is somehow missing

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

bbf2 posted:

Lol if you think the writers remember this

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

just gonna come out and say it, im disappointed that we got a eunuch sex scene yet when two ladies are being gay of their own accord, they're just gonna get murdered by Ramsay 2 or something
(except I sort of expect this + the olennna scene is going to make dany change her plan to 'attack king's landing')

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ambivalent posted:

finally when two ladies are being gay of their own accord

Didnt yara have a consensual gay scene last season as well?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

skasion posted:

he looks like a 50 year old trying to be hip in a sci-fi unverse's fashion sense

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

TheRat posted:

Didnt yara have a consensual gay scene last season as well?

Yeah she made out with a hoe in Volantis. But not between named characters iirc

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
yara owns

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

*banging on the table* let them gently caress

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Team Cersei is very good.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Ambivalent posted:

*checks notes* i'll allow it

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Cersai did lesbian things in the books, she had a lesbain friend, they scissored sometimes

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

also I'm sure someone linked it in this thread but I saw a TV recap from one of the sites that put it best:
"Euron Greyjoy looks like a character in the first Blade movie whose job it is to warn Stephen Dorff that Blade is coming but only gets out “OH NO IT’S BLA-” before Blade guts him with a sword."

because like that thing going on with his leather clothes and facial hair, is exactly that

e:

Supreme Allah posted:

Cersai did lesbian things in the books, she had a lesbain friend, they scissored sometimes
and lena headey's been movie lesbians before, but alas

Ambivalent fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 24, 2017

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

I don't recall this but then again, I was just browsing the wiki and saw this http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Aeron_Greyjoy and I don't remember them ever officially recognizing this guy as important. Like, did they name him or is this just some background recognition? And in either case, this guy is also 70.

So it's either magic or Euron has himself some good-rear end genes.
That's Aeron Damphair, drowned god 'priest'. In the books he's been captured by Euron and tortured on his torture-boat next to the sorcerers and other religious folk.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Supreme Allah posted:

No wonder GRRM is taking so long, writing with one hand and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Ambivalent posted:

• Locked thread