Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
That Ellaria line was almost Gurm worthy though. The enemy is invading the myrish swamp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

skasion posted:

That Ellaria line was almost Gurm worthy though. The enemy is invading the myrish swamp
Woulda been great if Theon had panic stabbed her in the heart

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

VaultAggie posted:

I was kinda shaky before but now I'm fully on the Euron bandwagon. Him screaming crazily and jumping headfirst into the battle owned. Plus he got rid of two of the worst characters on the show.

The scene of Yara jumping at Euron looked really lovely and fake though. As did the scene with Arya surrounded by the wolves.

I'm a fan of his swagger and going on the boarding ram was fuckin great. I think if they pushed his visual look too far he'd just look like a Jack Sparrow wannabe. That whole naval battle was badass, with the lightning and fireballs flying around.

I wonder if Bronn will daringly save whichever Sand Snake is still alive. He's the biggest supporting character we haven't seen in these two episodes, right?

Will Jon Snow rescue Theon? That would be an awkward reunion.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Please god put Euron back on track

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
can someone spoil what happened tonight, preferably with zero pronouns?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

try the new taco place posted:

You want game of thrones but need the bad writing

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

VaultAggie posted:

I was kinda shaky before but now I'm fully on the Euron bandwagon. Him screaming crazily and jumping headfirst into the battle owned. Plus he got rid of two of the worst characters on the show.

My thoughts too, Euron is an entertaining mix of crazy and stupid.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
seeing as everyone talks about the loving descriptions of food in the source material it's loving Great how dedicated the show is to gross out cuts involving food (this week, last week, Ramsay eating sausage, etc.)

E. Also Theon jumping overboard is a setback but if he had fallen back to Reek levels he would have frozen and given up

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

try the new taco place posted:

varys mr. integrity
euron likes murder
arya wolf-reject
jorah cured via torture by sam
theon swims good
littlefinger, bigperv
cercei convinces some nobodies to get butchered in ep 7
grey worm, red tongue, pink pussy

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Kromlech posted:

varys mr. integrity
euron likes murder
arya wolf-reject
jorah cured via torture by sam
theon swims good
littlefinger, bigperv
cercei convinces some nobodies to get butchered in ep 7
grey worm, red tongue, pink pussy

hot pie still live for prince that was promised

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

None of Euron's crewmen spoke. Glad they toned down the try-hard horseshit and left the one cool part.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
Thanks. I'm like 5 minutes' worth of curious, but not 55 minutes' worth.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

There's got to be some deeper symbolism at play about a Stark being rejected by her wolf, no?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This would all be worth it if this thing ends with Arya being in Jaqen in disguise.

For some reason.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

jfood posted:

None of Euron's crewmen spoke. Glad they toned down the try-hard horseshit and left the one cool part.

They were cutting out tongues and pulling out teeth at the end of the battle

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

E. Also Theon jumping overboard is a setback but if he had fallen back to Reek levels he would have frozen and given up

He's gonna swim until he finds Gendry's boat and the two of them are going to row their way to fuckin' victory.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
Hot Pie has now had 3 separate send-offs in the show and he's still kicking god bless Hot Pie

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Sydin posted:

He's gonna swim until he finds Gendry's boat and the two of them are going to row their way to fuckin' victory.

He's gonna get picked up by Jon and Davos, who actually do know how to rehabilitate him since they're More Sensitive. Mel will want to spill his guts first tho

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Is theon the prince that was promised because I literally can't think of any other reason he's gotten so much screen time

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Hot Pie is getting even fatter, someone should stop that kid irl

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Blitz7x posted:

Is theon the prince that was promised because I literally can't think of any other reason he's gotten so much screen time

It's because he's the best actor on the show other than Rory McCann

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
That was a loving awesome episode. Hot Pie, Nymeria, Jon heading to Dany, Sam healing Jorah with some crazy rear end surgery, two bad poosays died, Euron kicked rear end and the battle scene was awesome, etc.

Much better than the first episode and next week looks sweet.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Theon bailing out's one of the funniest scenes of the show.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Say what you will about Euron at least he's having fun.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Disappointed we didn't actually get to see the lack of dingus on Grey Worm.

And also sure hope he's into butt stuff cuz he's still got a prostate.

Gaybee
Jul 16, 2002

Supreme Allah posted:

Hot Pie is getting even fatter, someone should stop that kid irl

It's all meat pies and bread wolves what do you expect?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

RBA Starblade posted:

It was very good and the only action that makes sense.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
The writing and plotting is horrifically bad, really really bad, but the direction, sets, props, etc. have only gotten better so it's a really weird show. You still have really fun entertaining sequences, and then really strange, boring, and obvious plot fodder like the Jaime Telling the Audience The Situation, and the Sand Snakes reminding you they exist before being killed.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Blitz7x posted:

the prince that was promised is hot pie. that's why he keeps showing up

thing is, he's like a tom bombadil figure. he just wants to tend to his little corner of the world instead of using his powers to save everybody

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Was the hanging woman on the ship at the end the greyjoy sister or the sand snake

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Was the hanging woman on the ship at the end the greyjoy sister or the sand snake

The sand snake with the whip. They strung her up with the whip and pinned the other one to the bowsprit with her swords or whatever. Asha got taken prisoner apparently.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Euron thought he'd be the most hated but after killing two lovely sandsnakes he is actually the most beloved currently.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lloyd Boner posted:

That doesn't make it less funny.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I thought the hanging one was the one protecting mom and the one on top was mom

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

InFlames235 posted:

Euron thought he'd be the most hated but after killing two lovely sandsnakes he is actually the most beloved currently.

He's killing off awful characters and making Dany eat poo poo, Euron for prez

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

RBA Starblade posted:

This is true.

Lloyd Boner posted:

So is this.

I laughed when Theon just dove overboard, but really, what's he going to do? Die pointlessly?

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

drunken officeparty posted:

I thought the hanging one was the one protecting mom and the one on top was mom

Snakemom is going to survive until Cersei can torturemurder her and buzzfeed can post articles about how GoT still has it.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
glad he killed her with the whip what a stupid weapon she deserved that poo poo

arya and hotpie scene was pretty good too

other than that it was alright i guess

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Woulda been real badass if the wolves ate Arya's horse and then she got to ride Nymeria north instead. Missed opportunity imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Euron goes wild in an action scene and personally kills two Sand Snakes, and Pilou Asbaek thought people would hate him?

• Locked thread