Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Do you guys not do the mid-week test-n-tune nights? Seems like that sort of thing would be about perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

tehk posted:

Well I am mobile now. Car is driving slowly fine. I tried to make some test passes at the track but I didnt meet the requirement for AMERICA day or the retro drags both my locallish tracks were running. I really need some good 1/8 mile pulls to sort out the boost control without the dyno. There were also no shows, or car meets. Kinda shocking. Hopefully the next few weekends are better.

I loving love how ridiculous this car looks. It makes me smile every time. :3:

Hope you get a chance to test it out properly soon dude.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
FUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKK

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

[-4] Flaw: Heart Broken - Tehk is extremely lonely. The Gay Empire's ultimate weapon finds it hard to have time for love.

Raluek posted:

Do you guys not do the mid-week test-n-tune nights? Seems like that sort of thing would be about perfect.

Work hours and commute time plus distance to the track make it kinda hard for me to make weekday track stuff. I can do some backroad fun, but by the time I am off the trailer and into tech and make a pass I am already supposed to be in bed. Crummy.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

[-4] Flaw: Heart Broken - Tehk is extremely lonely. The Gay Empire's ultimate weapon finds it hard to have time for love.
So I've been driving the car around lately just taking my time and sorting out bugs. Currently have burned 5 tanks of E85 with a estimated elapsed travel distance of around <250 miles. One dead cam position sensor has been the only issue so far. The internet has taken up arms against me though.

The car made it onto 1320video and it has about 3k comments of pure hate. It is hilarious. I've never been so hated in my life. It is like 2005 era MMO trolling except the entire vaping teenager car community are my outraged victims. I am not much for the attention it brings driving it around though. Kinda weird.

So far my favorite replies are the continued reminders that a strut front end partial tube chassis S2000 powered by a F series(built to the moon) and a air shifted unstreetable trans ran a 6.8 and I worthless. It is like I've shown up at the palace and by the size of my sword they think I am threatening the king. I've never seen a supra deal with this, or the unicorn vette, or any other crazy street car build. So funny.

https://www.facebook.com/1320Videos/photos/a.10151851272862112.1073741874.75402982111/10155683673932112/?type=3&theater

tehk fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 12, 2017

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Lol. Facebook bench racing is the worst of the worst.

It's an awesome car, and the fact that random strangers are getting mad about it makes it even better.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

tehk posted:

So I've been driving the car around lately just taking my time and sorting out bugs. Currently have burned 5 tanks of E85 with a estimated elapsed travel distance of around <250 miles. One dead cam position sensor has been the only issue so far. The internet has taken up arms against me though.

The car made it onto 1320video and it has about 3k comments of pure hate. It is hilarious. I've never been so hated in my life. It is like 2005 era MMO trolling except the entire vaping teenager car community are my outraged victims. I am not much for the attention it brings driving it around though. Kinda weird.

So far my favorite replies are the continued reminders that a strut front end partial tube chassis S2000 powered by a F series(built to the moon) and a air shifted unstreetable trans ran a 6.8 and I worthless. It is like I've shown up at the palace and by the size of my sword they think I am threatening the king. I've never seen a supra deal with this, or the unicorn vette, or any other crazy street car build. So funny.

https://www.facebook.com/1320Videos/photos/a.10151851272862112.1073741874.75402982111/10155683673932112/?type=3&theater

You're doing the Lord's work, my son. Truly.

:black101:

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

I can't get over how incredible this car looks. Let the internet hate flow through you, like the hundreds of gallons of air through your turbos, and let it make you strong, like your ridiculously huge engine. The haters all have automatic econoboxes and know not to what they bear witness. This car is legend. This car is true AI. This car is the expression of the longings of anyone who loves all cars. Always post more about this car.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Anyone bitching about it is a child and jealous.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Embrace the hate. Need to figure out how to make them even angrier.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Embrace the hate. Need to figure out how to make them even angrier.

"V8tech just kicked in yo" decals

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
oh my god, those tears are delicious

you are obviously doing something right

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
This is the best car

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
So can this thing run on liquid hate?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
This thing rules. Even if the legalities were taken care of, would this beast be in any way physically driveable on the street?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Well he did say he's been through 5 tanks of gas driving it around. :getin:

I'm gonna guess the ac and power steering may not work so well, though.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

quote:

Turbo header next to brake master? That car will never stop.
Better start over...

Love it

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
That Facebook link is proof most social media users are loving idiots.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

That Facebook link is proof most social media users are loving idiots.

I like the guy saying that LS motors are a 30 degree V which is why they're so small and get swapped into everything.

Or that he should have used a 2jz to save weight up front.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Seat Safety Switch posted:

This thing rules. Even if the legalities were taken care of, would this beast be in any way physically driveable on the street?

Contrary to the popular belief it drives great on the street! Gas mileage is absolutely abysmal and the fuel it runs on is not at many stations. That is why I safely carry a 5 gallon dump tank in the passenger seat. Legalities be damned! It also does have power steering but I havent yet figured out how to output the correct pulse width signal for its speed and rpm inputs. So that is unplugged. The fluid boiling thing is hilarious. It is as if they can see my engine bay layout perfectly from one perspective. It is close but not that close. I also love the comments about how I am forced to run without a hood. No I run without a hood frankly because I cant afford a 3000 custom cowl job without others going in with me so I wait for the other LSX S2000s to be finished I guess. The car runs way cold because of the cooling system.

Anyway the photo they used only shows the front of the car so the entire planet is convinced I have a stock rear and 235s. They also think I plan on doing autocross with it. Someone explain to me again why every photo they post of a swapped 240sx doesnt get this hate? It could be a drift car for all these worthless assholes know! Honda loyalist are as bad as corvette loyalist.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

tehk posted:

Anyway the photo they used only shows the front of the car so the entire planet is convinced I have a stock rear and 235s. They also think I plan on doing autocross with it. Someone explain to me again why every photo they post of a swapped 240sx doesnt get this hate? It could be a drift car for all these worthless assholes know! Honda loyalist are as bad as corvette loyalist.

You can't explain it. People are weird and often so binary in their thinking that they can't understand that their flavor of preference may be different than another person's flavor of preference. Fast cars are cool. Your car is bonkers cool. This demonstrates again why AI is one of the few bastions of (ironically) sanity for car stuff on the intertubes.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
I was partial to the person comparing your car (featuring an interior, drivability, gearbox that isn't just degrees of clutch slip) to an s2000 profiled funny car and saying you'd wasted your time because the funny car ran 6s.

Do you get the shits with people re-hosting your vids and eating your ad revenue? When I googled it to show someone the video that came up was not from your channel.

The car's awesome in so many ways. I do hope you autocross it and inadvertently introduce your countrymen to the magic that is motorkhana.

IPCRESS fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Aug 12, 2017

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

If you autocross the entire track would be just one longass burnout line anyways

(Liquid hate is 110 octane: get you some)

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

IPCRESS posted:

Do you get the shits with people re-hosting your vids and eating your ad revenue? When I googled it to show someone the video that came up was not from your channel.

I don't try to monetize anything car related. Hobbies making me money (even the tiniest amount) always comes back to bite me for some reason. It is also the same reason I run a fab shop, but don't touch cars for money. Just too many bad shakes trying to make hobbies into careers in my very early 20s.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
If you could monetize other people's impotent rage you'd be rich as gently caress

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
First post in this thread was me saying I love this car and everything about it.

I still don't know gently caress all about SBCs and Honda S2000s.

I still love the gently caress out of this car.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

This car is totally awesome. The hate and rage is awesome.

Is there a plan for a wrap or paint to incite maximum anger? I'm picturing NAMBLA logos in the NASCAR style.

Edit: y'all need to check your sarcasm detectors.

Ultimate Mango fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Aug 13, 2017

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Ultimate Mango posted:

This car is totally awesome. The hate and rage is awesome.

Is there a plan for a wrap or paint to incite maximum anger? I'm picturing NAMBLA logos in the NASCAR style.

:ughh:

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

I went to H(onda)DAY today and it was glorious. Everyone one of the Sport Front Wheel Drive teams eventually made their way over to where they parked me at the stage to pay tribute. It was very funny.

I got a few offers of sponsorship, and oddly enough a offer for a free wrap. While molestation is not what I'd target with my wrap, I would consider a ricky bobby style "ME" wrap with a vicious house cat instead of a mountain lion.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
For the love of god please do that.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

tehk posted:

I got a few offers of sponsorship, and oddly enough a offer for a free wrap. While molestation is not what I'd target with my wrap, I would consider a ricky bobby style "ME" wrap with a vicious house cat instead of a mountain lion.

Something like this bike jersey I own would be cool.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

tehk posted:

I went to H(onda)DAY today and it was glorious. Everyone one of the Sport Front Wheel Drive teams eventually made their way over to where they parked me at the stage to pay tribute. It was very funny.

Make it look like a classic race Corvette but replace all the sponsor logos with Fast and the Furious referencing parody ones.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Why ask me ? I cant understand me either!

Amateur, that's just hectostiky drift spec, no real style...

But I love the salty tears of hate on that Facebook link. It's pure gold.

Kaptainballistik fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Aug 15, 2017

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Car rules. Love the raging hate boners, :lol:

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

lmao i remember this car

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I'm not sure quite how close you are to this event, but any chance of brining it to C&C in Bethlehem on Sunday?

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I'm not sure quite how close you are to this event, but any chance of brining it to C&C in Bethlehem on Sunday?

Not with the closure of Omega Fuels. No where local to fill up on E85 while I am driving anymore

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

tehk posted:

Not with the closure of Omega Fuels. No where local to fill up on E85 while I am driving anymore

Can you dial back the wastegates to run on petrol if you're up the creek, or would an out-of-order bowser require a tow truck?

I know a guy who runs around on petrol most of the time and has small E85 fuel cell and lines that the ECU will cut over to when it registers boost.

Useless baggage if you're planning on racing it extensively and road driving is an 'every now and then' thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
If you had a regular gasoline map, sure.

• Locked thread