Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

I did have someone in WOW call me a gay friend of the family for rolling need on loot he wanted, so we should obviously abolish the loot system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

abolish dungeons

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

UHD posted:

Does this actually happen? Because I've run exdr dozens and dozens of times for tomes or gear or shits n giggles and not once has anyone even commented on a slow tank in /party let alone tried to vote-kick. I didn't think anyone actually gave a poo poo.

I've literally never seen it happen, either brought up or blind vote-kick prompts. I'm sure it has happened because like, obviously it has. There's children who play this game and thousands and thousands of dungeons are run every day. Everything is bound to happen. But it has to be an insanely, insanely small number of times. Even doing leveling roulette with sprout tanks I've never seen this behaviour.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
Anecdotally speaking, I've never had anyone say anything to me in WoW ever, but I have had a few nasty people in FF14.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

Space Bat posted:

Anecdotally speaking, I've never had anyone say anything to me in WoW ever, but I have had a few nasty people in FF14.

My point being: Mods will make FF14 less toxic. The system works, folks

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

What would you even need them for that act isn't already providing?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Mods will never happen so long as the PS4 is a supported platform.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Adept Nightingale posted:

Peggle

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Epic This.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
This might be a hard one to answer, but does anyone have suggestions for making the Tab-button targeting work... more like WoW, I guess? I've tried binding it to both "Cycle Through Enemies (Near to Far)" and "(Farthest to Nearest)", and both seem to consistently target... not the things I expect them to. Like, I always have to cycle through way more of the targets on screen than I intuitively expect.

Is it possible that (because it's a japanese game) it's doing something right-to-left that I'm used to seeing left-to-right?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

A better UI for enmity management would be really nice, which is what I think started this whole discussion.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ghost of Starman posted:

This might be a hard one to answer, but does anyone have suggestions for making the Tab-button targeting work... more like WoW, I guess? I've tried binding it to both "Cycle Through Enemies (Near to Far)" and "(Farthest to Nearest)", and both seem to consistently target... not the things I expect them to. Like, I always have to cycle through way more of the targets on screen than I intuitively expect.

Is it possible that (because it's a japanese game) it's doing something right-to-left that I'm used to seeing left-to-right?

Yeah, it's always left to right relative to your current camera angle. No idea why it's called near to far.

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

Oh, agreed, but I'd rather the devs just design one.

Maximum Chenergy
Aug 30, 2007

Its black mist swallows all.

YoshiP please add modding support so I can cover all my UI elements in Shisui wearing anime catgirls.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

*raises finger, opens mouth to speak, closes it again*

you win this round

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oh, agreed, but I'd rather the devs just design one.

So would I, but we've been using the same one for almost four years now and they've given no indication of revamping it.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

I did have someone in WOW call me a gay friend of the family for rolling need on loot he wanted, so we should obviously abolish the loot system.

I got these nasty messages through the comment system, entirely at random!!!

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

hosed up

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

I got these nasty messages through the comment system, entirely at random!!!

Well let's see your character from the front and I'll determine if it's worthy of mocking

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
just lol if you don't only do content i find appropriate

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I want to know what wow server you all played on to avoid all the fake tryhard assholes :allears:

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I want to know what wow server you all played on to avoid all the fake tryhard assholes :allears:

No need, my friend! Dungeons and raids have been cross-server for several expansions! :)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I played on Moon Guard, Mal'Ganis, Sargeras, and Twisting Nether. I hope this helps.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I played on Draka, both before and after cross-server partying was a thing. If I ever got harassed for not having a mod, it wasn't significant enough to remember.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

UHD posted:

Does this actually happen? Because I've run exdr dozens and dozens of times for tomes or gear or shits n giggles and not once has anyone even commented on a slow tank in /party let alone tried to vote-kick. I didn't think anyone actually gave a poo poo.

I've vote-kicked single-pulling tanks before when I've rouletted in with another person. If I solo-queued and I ask a tank to pull more and they don't I'll usually just leave and eat the lockout.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I played on Durotan, Moon Guard, Azralon, Uldum, Kel'Thuzad and Gurubashi since 1.1. Aussies are nice af. Some of my friends still play in mythic progression guilds mostly unmodded with just a damage meter, although that's not a great anecdote since the devs have already stated that they started designing bosses with DBM in mind, but it's still possible.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jul 24, 2017

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Space Bat posted:

Well let's see your character from the front and I'll determine if it's worthy of mocking

That outfit:

What I had settled on when I stopped playing:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

That is a good glamour idea and that dork needs a noogie

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

That second glamour is real good but uh. Do cat boys always hold their hands like that?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
They're a complete stranger on the internet so I have no way of knowing obviously but I figured they were having a laugh and did the same. I was more surprised by the rando who was really mad I was wasting part of my (unlimited) free trial crafting instead of helping them with random poo poo.

I never noticed it before but I guess they're kinda making claws haha.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

Sam Sanskrit posted:

That second glamour is real good but uh. Do cat boys always hold their hands like that?

Yes, it's dumb as hell.

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

Failboattootoot posted:

I've vote-kicked single-pulling tanks before when I've rouletted in with another person. If I solo-queued and I ask a tank to pull more and they don't I'll usually just leave and eat the lockout.

Please source your quotes

Because this is dumb as hell.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
After playing around with Samurai all weekend, I kind of wish Paladins got cool scabbards for their swords too. Now, I want all the katanas. I want all the ones with names, not just <material> katana or whatever. I got Gunromaru from Sohm Al yesterday. I'm hoping to get the one from the Aery soon.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah, it's always left to right relative to your current camera angle. No idea why it's called near to far.

Seriously? No wonder it has constantly screwed me over. drat it, why did I never realize this?!

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

It seems that the beginning of O3S is as far as my raid group is getting this week, but I'm very satisfied. We're no hardcore group by any means, but getting two raid tiers down in the first week (especially since Savage Catastrophe is pain incarnate) is way better than I expected.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

My static, The Swole Goblins, also made it to O3S this week. We've come a long way from failing to even complete A1S.

Shout out to our one death, pictured here, who died getting the final hit with an LB1 because he wanted to do a goof where he gave me a panic attack because he wanted to wait for the LB2 at 1%

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I cleared the Fringes sidequests today.

TIL "Tia" literally means beta male and lmao at all these catboys.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

That outfit:

What I had settled on when I stopped playing:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Leofish posted:

After playing around with Samurai all weekend, I kind of wish Paladins got cool scabbards for their swords too. Now, I want all the katanas. I want all the ones with names, not just <material> katana or whatever. I got Gunromaru from Sohm Al yesterday. I'm hoping to get the one from the Aery soon.

You're starting down a path that leads to literally becoming Zenos yae Galvus