Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

can't the dornish army just walk

The horses could go about four miles an hour for about eight hours. That makes 32 miles but the infantry could only go about 25 miles. An all mounted force could go further of course, land travel would take months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate

hobbesmaster posted:

Maybe the salves are magic.

This. Holding out hope that we get volcano arm/chest/neck/probably whole body Jorah.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
Littlefinger: Jon. Jon. I wanted to bang your mom, and now I want to bang your sister. Jon I want to have sex with your family...Jon!! Does this not endear you to me??

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Thundercracker posted:

Forget the whip. Dud anyone else catch the high kick that literally bounced off of Eurion's shoulder? BOING.

It's like they got the fight choreographer from Ironfist for the sand snake scenes.

using a whip against a dude wearing heavy leather was :laffo:

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Just watched it. I like how Euron killed the Sand Snakes with their own special weapons. Stabbed Speary with her own spear (broken in half), choked Whippy with her own whip.

I'm guessing next week the other two are going to be poisoned and dagger stabbed a lot.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Has a whip ever actually been used in combat by anyone at any time against anything other than a cow

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Just watched it. I like how Euron killed the Sand Snakes with their own special weapons. Stabbed Speary with her own spear (broken in half), choked Whippy with her own whip.

I'm guessing next week the other two are going to be poisoned and dagger stabbed a lot.

Based on the pirates reaction I think they have something ranging from ransom to rape in store for the living Sand Snakes. If they were gonna kill em they'd just go ahead and kill them there.

I guess this is building to some arc where Theon redeems himself by sneaking in and freeing Yara and the sand snakes? I hope the snakes just disappear forever. Yara will probably be a bargaining chip between Cersei and Daenerys and will be Euron's present to Cersei.

drunken officeparty posted:

Has a whip ever actually been used in combat by anyone at any time against anything other than a cow

Outside Indiana Jones? :cheeky:

Le Saboteur posted:

I just hate that everything about Euron is so unearned on this show. It's such a bummer compared to the books.

Yeah they really had zero time to set him up, its just HEY HERE'S YOUR UNCLE EURON, sorry Yara no king for you! But at least pirate battle was kinda cool?

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jul 24, 2017

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Also I wonder if this show will ever remember that they set up Theon as a master marksman with a bow.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Thundercracker posted:

Forget the whip. Dud anyone else catch the high kick that literally bounced off of Eurion's shoulder? BOING.

It's like they got the fight choreographer from Ironfist for the sand snake scenes.

It was an enormous improvement over the fight coreography the last time the Sand Snakes fought someone.

Also, Colleen Wing was Whip Snake!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Troposphere posted:

Littlefinger: Jon. Jon. I wanted to bang your mom, and now I want to bang your sister. Jon I want to have sex with your family...Jon!! Does this not endear you to me??
:lol:

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Zaphod42 posted:

Based on the pirates reaction I think they have something ranging from ransom to rape in store for the living Sand Snakes. If they were gonna kill em they'd just go ahead and kill them there.

I'm pretty sure they are the ""gift" that Euron promised Cersei last episode. Since they killed her daughter he is going to let her go all Cersei crazy on them.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

drunken officeparty posted:

Castlevania on Netflix actually showed this pretty well. Just destroying fingers and eyes with each crack. Really captured the force behind a good bullwhip.

Think of all those stories of people getting a couple of lashes and passing out or dying in real life.

The sandsnakes just got a whip from hot topic or some poo poo. Had no force behind it at all.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Is Littlefinger betraying Ned Stark well-known to the other characters? Him telling Jon he was sad when Ned died seemed particularly brazen if so.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Is Littlefinger betraying Ned Stark well-known to the other characters? Him telling Jon he was sad when Ned died seemed particularly brazen if so.

At the very least I think Arya may have an idea. But I'm not 100% on that.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Le Saboteur posted:

At the very least I think Arya may have an idea. But I'm not 100% on that.

Oh, you know the spoilers (have those been accurate so far?) said Sansa has him killed. I wonder if Arya gets to Winterfell and immediately goes "Oh yeah it's his fault dad died."

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
TFW you read the script and see that you get to kill the sandsnakes

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Arya rushes to kill Littlefinger, finds out he's already dead. Season ends with her laughing about it.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

That's kind of the funny thing I've been thinking, Sansa literally doesn't need Littlefinger at all. Like The Vale is gonna be like oh poo poo you killed Littlefinger well we're done with you!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

PostNouveau posted:

Oh, you know the spoilers (have those been accurate so far?) said Sansa has him killed. I wonder if Arya gets to Winterfell and immediately goes "Oh yeah it's his fault dad died."

so far yea

the spoilers dont seem to account for everything though? like, we're 2 eps in and half of the spoilers have happened. wouldn't be surrpised if it was all off screeners or something and didnt account for the last half of the season

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

PostNouveau posted:

So far it seems the spoilers are spot on. Which isn't necessarily bad, because it describes a decent enough season, I guess.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I really don't think cleganebowl will ever happeny. Zombie mountain is just going to get burned by a dragon or something.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

PostNouveau posted:

Everyone hates him for continuing to serve the Lannisters, but I think only the people in the room know his personal role in betraying Ned.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

Le Saboteur posted:

That's kind of the funny thing I've been thinking, Sansa literally doesn't need Littlefinger at all. Like The Vale is gonna be like oh poo poo you killed Littlefinger well we're done with you!

The show's literal only other Lord in the Vale hates Littlefinger and the only reason Littlefinger keeps power is because he can manipulate Robin. Killing him now would be really really smart.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The directing has been poo poo. When they released the list of directors late last year it was pretty obvious this was going to happen. fyi Mike Mylod is the guy who directed the Arya-Waif chase scene and called it the greatest chase scene in cinematic history

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Lol, varys is a man of the people

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Sansa already knows Littlefinger betrayed Ned, it was like one of the first things she confronted him about in King's Landing, 'I know what you do did to my father' and he's like 'i tried to help him, I did, but he wouldn't listen, and I could die with him or keep the queen from killing me' or w/e

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Teddybear posted:

So far it seems the spoilers are spot on. Which isn't necessarily bad, because it describes a decent enough season, I guess.

Can you link me to the post with all the spoilers so far if they're aggregated somewhere on Reddit or something?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Le Saboteur posted:

Can you link me to the post with all the spoilers so far if they're aggregated somewhere on Reddit or something?

OP of this thread.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Ambivalent posted:

Sansa already knows Littlefinger betrayed Ned, it was like one of the first things she confronted him about in King's Landing, 'I know what you do did to my father' and he's like 'i tried to help him, I did, but he wouldn't listen, and I could die with him or keep the queen from killing me' or w/e

Ah, I forgot about that.

I guess Littlefinger's hanging around because he's in love with Sansa? Because Sansa and Jon have both told him to gently caress off, and Sansa knows he helped kill her dad. Except last season he married her off to someone else, so how much could he really love her?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Hargrimm posted:

TFW you read the script and see that you get to kill the sandsnakes

This and the gangplank coming down and loving just owning one dude super hard have endeared me to Euron.

He just loves killing. He's the Westeros Krombobulous Michael.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Teddybear posted:

OP of this thread.

Ah poo poo I didn't realize that was all there. Yeah at least that does sound like a good season on paper.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

Ah, I forgot about that.

I guess Littlefinger's hanging around because he's in love with Sansa? Because Sansa and Jon have both told him to gently caress off, and Sansa knows he helped kill her dad. Except last season he married her off to someone else, so how much could he really love her?

Littlefinger is in love with himself

He told somebody, Varys i think that he wants to rule the ashes of whatevers left after all the kings are done squabbling

He chills with whoever seems to be winning at the time or where he can exert influence

a gay lion named Tangiers
Jul 30, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

Theon bailing out's one of the funniest scenes of the show.

him leaping out of the boat was fine given the circumstances, it was the fact that he also leapt directly back into the worst parts of the theon character with the panic and the not-quite-whimpering and being poo poo-his-pants terrified and blah blah blah that really bothered me

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

a gay lion named Tangiers posted:

him leaping out of the boat was fine given the circumstances, it was the fact that he also leapt directly back into the worst parts of the theon character with the panic and the not-quite-whimpering and being poo poo-his-pants terrified and blah blah blah that really bothered me

Yea, it'd be way better if he was more composed, looked Yara in the eye and said "I'm sorry" and then jumped off.

But what do I know about writing, I'm not Dave Hill.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

a gay lion named Tangiers posted:

I thought it made sense for him and I felt bad for him in that moment. He has a pretty severe case of PTSD and it just kicking in in that moment I thought was well done. And the look on his sisters face as she realized what was happening with him.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

PostNouveau posted:

I'm really interested in where his character's going to end up, because it feels like everyone in a position of power has his number these days. He needs to become lord of the Vale for real if he wants to stay in the game, but the only way to do that is for him to ice Sweetrobin, and no matter how that happens he's going to be the prime suspect.

I guess I'm alright if he just meets a lonely, ignominious end after being stripped of all his land and titles. He's never been as clever as he thinks.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
It was Tommen jumping out of the window level of abrupt hilarity.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

YESSSSSSSSSS! The sand snakes are finally done! Thank you, Urine Greyjoy! This show instantly became 10x better

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Has it ever been explained why the three eyed raven is important? Great, he can see the past. Is there a known reason it's so central to the story, or is that part of the big reveal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shooting Blanks posted:

Has it ever been explained why the three eyed raven is important? Great, he can see the past. Is there a known reason it's so central to the story, or is that part of the big reveal?

In the show, it was just a device to let Bran know about Jon's parentage. Who knows what he'll end up doing in the books.

Because the books are never being written.

• Locked thread