Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i'm glad jerry and elaine only got back together for one episode

Bip Roberts posted:

I'm just gonna put my votes in a hole in the ground and some will see them and smile.

you'll be achieving more than voting straight ticket dem that way, so congrats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

look sometimes understanding comes through honest debate, and sometimes it comes from two angry people getting triggered simultaneously and screaming at eachother at 5am

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

gotta say though, i'm not shocked that bip roberts is a fan of the corporate tax cut strategy to electoral dominance

i can't believe i didn't think of it before! people don't want healthcare! they want tax cuts for google and uber!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Condiv posted:

gotta say though, i'm not shocked that bip roberts is a fan of the corporate tax cut strategy to electoral dominance

i can't believe i didn't think of it before! people don't want healthcare! they want tax cuts for google and uber!

hmmm maybe you should primary those people then

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

yearly tax repatriation holidays for businesses that pinkyswear not to interfere with unions! repeal child labor laws so that companies can help provide a good education for our kids!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Bip Roberts posted:

hmmm maybe you should primary those people then

with democrats? how would i know if I was electing a good dem or a bad dem? i remember when i voted for the dem who said he wanted a public option and to fix healthcare. then he gave us republican healthcare (oops!).

nah it seems like voting for democrats is a bad idea.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Condiv posted:

yearly tax repatriation holidays for businesses that pinkyswear not to interfere with unions! repeal child labor laws so that companies can help provide a good education for our kids!

Home Depot Presents History

George Washington would have cut down that cherry tree much faster with the new Black & Decker 40V chainsaw

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Condiv posted:

with democrats? how would i know if I was electing a good dem or a bad dem? i remember when i voted for the dem who said he wanted a public option and to fix healthcare. then he gave us republican healthcare (oops!).

nah it seems like voting for democrats is a bad idea.

Hmm sounds like it'stime to vote repub

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Bip Roberts posted:

Hmm sounds like it'stime to vote repub

you want to vote for republicans bip? :yikes:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/24/opinion/chuck-schumer-employment-democrats.html

quote:

Chuck Schumer: A Better Deal for American Workers

Americans are clamoring for bold changes to our politics and our economy. They feel, rightfully, that both systems are rigged against them, and they made that clear in last year’s election. American families deserve a better deal so that this country works for everyone again, not just the elites and special interests. Today, Democrats will start presenting that better deal to the American people.

There used to be a basic bargain in this country that if you worked hard and played by the rules, you could own a home, afford a car, put your kids through college and take a modest vacation every year while putting enough away for a comfortable retirement. In the second half of the 20th century, millions of Americans achieved this solid middle-class lifestyle. I should know — I grew up in that America.

But things have changed.

Today’s working Americans and the young are justified in having greater doubts about the future than any generation since the Depression. Americans believe they’re getting a raw deal from both the economic and political systems in our country. And they are right. The wealthiest special interests can spend an unlimited, undisclosed amount of money to influence elections and protect their special deals in Washington. As a result, our system favors short-term gains for shareholders instead of long-term benefits for workers.

And for far too long, government has gone along, tilting the economic playing field in favor of the wealthy and powerful while putting new burdens on the backs of hard-working Americans.

Democrats have too often hesitated from taking on those misguided policies directly and unflinchingly — so much so that many Americans don’t know what we stand for. Not after today. Democrats will show the country that we’re the party on the side of working people — and that we stand for three simple things.

First, we’re going to increase people’s pay. Second, we’re going to reduce their everyday expenses. And third, we’re going to provide workers with the tools they need for the 21st-century economy.

Over the next several months, Democrats will lay out a series of policies that, if enacted, will make these three things a reality. We’ve already proposed creating jobs with a $1 trillion infrastructure plan; increasing workers’ incomes by lifting the minimum wage to $15; and lowering household costs by providing paid family and sick leave.

On Monday we are announcing three new policies to advance our goals.

Right now, there is nothing to stop vulture capitalists from egregiously raising the price of lifesaving drugs without justification. We’re going to fight for rules to stop prescription drug price gouging and demand that drug companies justify price increases to the public. And we’re going to push for empowering Medicare to negotiate lower drug prices for older Americans.

Right now our antitrust laws are designed to allow huge corporations to merge, padding the pockets of investors but sending costs skyrocketing for everything from cable bills and airline tickets to food and health care. We are going to fight to allow regulators to break up big companies if they’re hurting consumers and to make it harder for companies to merge if it reduces competition.

Right now millions of unemployed or underemployed people, particularly those without a college degree, could be brought back into the labor force or retrained to secure full-time, higher-paying work. We propose giving employers, particularly small businesses, a large tax credit to train workers for unfilled jobs. This will have particular resonance in smaller cities and rural areas, which have experienced an exodus of young people who aren’t trained for the jobs in those areas.

In the coming months, we’ll offer additional ideas, from rebuilding rural America to fundamentally changing our trade laws to benefit workers, not multinational corporations.

We are in the minority in both houses of Congress; we cannot promise anyone that this Congress will begin passing our priorities tomorrow. But we have to start raising our voices to present our vision for the country’s future. We will seek the support of any Republicans willing to work with us, but more important, we must start rallying the American people to support our ideas.

In the last two elections, Democrats, including in the Senate, failed to articulate a strong, bold economic program for the middle class and those working hard to get there. We also failed to communicate our values to show that we were on the side of working people, not the special interests. We will not repeat the same mistake. This is the start of a new vision for the party, one strongly supported by House and Senate Democrats.

Our better deal is not about expanding the government, or moving our party in one direction or another along the political spectrum. Nor is it about tearing down government agencies that work, that effectively protect consumers and promote the health and well-being of the country. It’s about reorienting government to work on behalf of people and families.

Americans from every corner of this country know that the economy isn’t working for them the way that it should, and they wonder if it ever will again. One party says the answer is that special interests should continue to write the rules and that government ought to make things easier for an already-favored few.

Democrats will offer a better deal.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

this seems...kind of good???

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Can't wait to work hard and play by the rules so I can take a modest vacation every year. Sounds like a loving awesome life.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

quote:

Right now our antitrust laws are designed to allow huge corporations to merge, padding the pockets of investors but sending costs skyrocketing for everything from cable bills and airline tickets to food and health care. We are going to fight to allow regulators to break up big companies if they’re hurting consumers and to make it harder for companies to merge if it reduces competition.

why do they just loving out and lie to us like this? anti-monopoly laws haven't changed one bit. no one bothers enforcing them!!!!!!

quote:

Right now millions of unemployed or underemployed people, particularly those without a college degree, could be brought back into the labor force or retrained to secure full-time, higher-paying work. We propose giving employers, particularly small businesses, a large tax credit to train workers for unfilled jobs. This will have particular resonance in smaller cities and rural areas, which have experienced an exodus of young people who aren’t trained for the jobs in those areas.

:psyboom:

quote:

Our better deal is not about expanding the government, or moving our party in one direction or another along the political spectrum.

:frogleave:

we'll have to see the loving $15/hr and $1 trillion infrastructure plan, cause everything else about the better deal is a big loving let down

Condiv has issued a correction as of 11:32 on Jul 24, 2017

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Ctrl-F

"single" 0 of 0

"universal" 0 of 0

"healthcare" 0 of 0

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

oh didn't see the "tax credit" part

nevermind lol its bad

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Can't wait to work hard and play by the rules so I can take a modest vacation every year. Sounds like a loving awesome life.

a whole 2 hour break? wow boss you shouldn't have

boss: well i wanted to repay you for your 45 years of vacationless service

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

boss: p.s gonna need you to come in for 1 hour 55mins of that break

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

dems think young people are leaving small towns and rural areas cause they aren't trained to do the jobs there :prepop:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

they think tax credits to retrain people will save rural america by enabling rurals to do all the unfilled jobs in rural america :psyduck:

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Yinlock posted:

im glad, this thread was actually good for a little bit and i had to pay attention to it

"iM gLaD, tHiS tHrEaD wAs AcTuAlLy GoOd FoR a LiTtLe BiT aNd I hAd To PaY aTtEnTiOn To It"

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

how can the people who are supposedly our esteemed leaders -- the people who were "leading the free world" until a few months ago -- be this loving idiotic? how can they look at the problem with rural america, with the supposed clarity all their metrics and poo poo provides them, and come to the conclusion "people are just too dumb to be able to do the work out there! :downs:"

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

we are ruled by a collection of smoothbrains of the highest order. no wonder they got a supreme court seat stolen from them and they lost to trump. i'm surprised these people can loving dress themselves in the morning

quote:

This will have particular resonance in smaller cities and rural areas, which have experienced an exodus of young people who aren’t trained for the jobs in those areas

just wow. they could not have a more idiotic take on the problems with rural america if they tried

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Scent of Worf posted:

"iM gLaD, tHiS tHrEaD wAs AcTuAlLy GoOd FoR a LiTtLe BiT aNd I hAd To PaY aTtEnTiOn To It"

same

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Yinlock posted:

Wow, it turns out the solution to the situation is let everything burn(including the people I claim to care about) which coincidentally is also the solution that involves me sitting on my rear end doing nothing.

what a coincidence!!!!

:getout:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Every time I read this thread I thank God for Jeremy corbyn.

Not having to sift through piles of trash neoliberal policy looking for something good to vote for is a huge weight off. Even if he does some dumb stuff.

Just start voting in any internal party elections the Democrats have, that's how we got there, the Blairite took their eye off the ball and everyone else voted in a lefty.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

"well gee rural kid why'd you move to the big city to be a programmer? it must be because you didn't have the training to be a convenience store clerk back home!"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

if there's one good thing about that meltdown it's that it brought you back here where you belong

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Yinlock posted:

if there's one good thing about that meltdown it's that it brought you back here where you belong

A cucknadian who loved Hillary telling a red-blooded American patriot where he belongs

These are strange times

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

white sauce posted:

A cucknadian who loved Hillary telling a red-blooded American patriot

2 lies in one

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

If we focused more on drug abuse education and sex educatio--haha.

i couldn't keep a straight face.:iamafag:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_PnuXelvWA&t=62s

tfw you realize the villain of zoolander would find a friend in the 2016 dem candidate

:ughh:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Change? We can't believe in it.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Yinlock posted:

2 lies in one

Kinda like when you lie and call everyone who criticizes the democrats or your slave queen a republican

Except not as Canadian and therefore not as annoying

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

quote:

Our better deal is not about expanding the government, or moving our party in one direction or another along the political spectrum. Nor is it about tearing down government agencies that work, that effectively protect consumers and promote the health and well-being of the country. It’s about reorienting government to work on behalf of people and families.

It's impossible to reorient the government to serve the public interest, while also maintaining the services it already has and not grow the government. The EPA and FDA are already woefully underfunded & understaffed, and have been for over a decade. The "agencies that work" is extremely loaded, because the agencies that could be promoting the health and well-being of the country aren't being properly funded as it is.

This is pure rhetoric.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

white sauce posted:

Kinda like when you lie and call everyone who criticizes the democrats or your slave queen a republican

Except not as Canadian and therefore not as annoying

nah

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i like how they tried to ape corbyn at the end but couldn't get out the words "for the many"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I'm just laughing right now. lmao :qq:

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Condiv posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_PnuXelvWA&t=62s

tfw you realize the villain of zoolander would find a friend in the 2016 dem candidate

:ughh:

actually zoolander is the dems since they cant turn left

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's impossible to reorient the government to serve the public interest, while also maintaining the services it already has and not grow the government. The EPA and FDA are already woefully underfunded & understaffed, and have been for over a decade. The "agencies that work" is extremely loaded, because the agencies that could be promoting the health and well-being of the country aren't being properly funded as it is.

This is pure rhetoric.

the most hosed up thing is that all the cuts, all the slashes to public services during the obama admin, these scum want to make them the new norm. the sequestration that dems accidentally hosed up and passed they want to make it permanent!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Donkwich posted:

actually zoolander is the dems since they cant turn left

but they were distracted by the beautiful celebrities!

• Locked thread