Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JabroNiGHTS
Jul 24, 2017

My profile is shit. Go ahead, you can view it. You'll see what I mean. That is, if you're into that sort of thing.

HazCat posted:

Reminder that, in many cases, incels only want to date literal children.

This adult men are complaining that they cannot connect intellectually with 14-16 year olds, and blaming the monolithic Woman for being 'bad at communication'.

Spell it out for me: projection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

incel: '...'
woman: 'excuse me?'
incel: 'uhhhhhh so do you uhhh watch anime'
woman: 'no'
incel: 'whore!' *runs away to furiously post about how women are bad at conversation*

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

lazorexplosion posted:

incel: '...'
FEMALE: 'baah?'
incel: 'uhhhhhh so do you uhhh watch anime'
FEMALE: 'ooh goo da da'
incel: 'whore!' *runs away to furiously post about how women are bad at conversation*

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Elliot Rodgers barely spoke to anyone so if these guys are a lot like him they probably never had a conversation with a girl outside of service jobs, like a girl at McDonalds asking for their order

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Zzulu posted:

Elliot Rodgers barely spoke to anyone so if these guys are a lot like him they probably never had a conversation with a girl outside of service jobs, like a girl at McDonalds asking for their order

Fuckin' bitches, all they ever talk about is food.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

While normally Im all about slamming Forest Gump as a feel good endorsement of Boomers fantasies of who they were as people and a society, isnt Forest Jr. actually Forests kid?

Yes. The movie makes it obvious that the child is supposed to be Forrest's. It's part of what's supposed to make the story's conclusion heartwarming. Anyone who interprets it another way must have very poor comprehension.

Another win for the intellectual geniuses at r/incels

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Zzulu posted:

Scientists should tag the ears of every guy who falls in love when the barista remembers that the 20-something who always wears his Adventure Time shirt likes his mocha with extra whip and a dog turd.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

The Unholy Ghost posted:

Ugh...

I took some acid and had an amazing time, but after three trips I still couldn't break into my unconscious. My id stood like an iron giant, a super-power that I (my Ego) knew I had no chance of fighting. For I am my id at the bottom of it, whether I can feel the direct connection or not...

And my unconscious id won't move. I could try doublig my tab intake, or tripling, but I feel certain it's not going to work.

I think I'll just give up. I'm getting nice and drunk and listening to some music. Good night. :)
Lets gently caress

Significant Ant
Jun 14, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Pick posted:

Also, on the whole, women are shockingly more educated than men in the current generation. They do a lot better in schools the way that schools are currently structured. This is probably one of the reasons that now, in 46% of households, the woman is the breadwinner.

You think it's nuts that there are all these women supporting shiftless musicians, there are a lot of women supporting shiftless musicians.

lol there are no women in my engineering department and this has been true almost across the board for like three entirely different universities for me

women still refuse to study it even though they can get better scholarships and better funding across the board

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

mind the walrus posted:

Where oh where is this >5'6" out-of-shape east Asian who is broke, lives with her parents, has small tits and rear end, a child, a ceramics and pottery certificate, and can't hold a conversation? :allears: I have this sudden compulsion to tell her how much better I am than her.

I have a sudden compulsion to ask her out on a date

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Significant Ant posted:

lol there are no women in my engineering department and this has been true almost across the board for like three entirely different universities for me

women still refuse to study it even though they can get better scholarships and better funding across the board

oh weird maybe women are systemically discouraged from entering engineering subjects at an early age or maybe they just haven't ~~run the numbers~~ as well as you

Significant Ant
Jun 14, 2017

by R. Guyovich

theflyingexecutive posted:

oh weird maybe women are systemically discouraged from entering engineering subjects at an early age or maybe they just haven't ~~run the numbers~~ as well as you

it’s super funny because countries with really lovely opinions on gender (such as Russian, Ukraine, and a bunch of Eastern European shitholes) do a better job of getting women into STEM than we do

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Meme Emulator posted:

I have a sudden compulsion to ask her out on a date
Where do you rank on the scale of Chadliness?

Significant Ant posted:

it’s super funny because countries with really lovely opinions on gender (such as Russian, Ukraine, and a bunch of Eastern European shitholes) do a better job of getting women into STEM than we do
S'true. Most of the really strong STEM women I've met tended to be Eastern European or Asian, and were encouraged into the field at a young age. Practical desperation > Sexism it seems. I think it would help if a lot of STEM courses I've been in didn't give off such a dry, sterile vibe. It's like a Sisyphean recursion loop that Maths teachers are required to constantly prove math is useful/fun to kids with no progress ever made.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

lazorexplosion posted:

"Do you jerk off on a daily basis?"
The NoFap movement should have a thread of its own. Somebody linked a few posts in the idiots on social media thread and the rabbit hole is scary deep, it's insane. Like, those guys believe they get real superpowers from not fapping, it's amazing.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
a lot dudes i know only get to goto college to study STEM, basically their parents won't let them study anything else

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Plenty of women who enter STEM courses at university bail due entirely to sexism directed at them from their peers and teachers.

The qualitative studies into it (which basically consist of exit interviews asking why they are withdrawing from the field) show that women don't believe - based on the way they are treated while studying - that they'll actually have the same earning potential as men who graduate, because the entire industry is toxic as gently caress.

I mean, because maths is hard, teehee~

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Palpek posted:

The NoFap movement should have a thread of its own. Somebody linked a few posts in the idiots on social media thread and the rabbit hole is scary deep, it's insane. Like, those guys believe they get real superpowers from not fapping, it's amazing.

Significant Ant
Jun 14, 2017

by R. Guyovich

HazCat posted:

Plenty of women who enter STEM courses at university bail due entirely to sexism directed at them from their peers and teachers.

The qualitative studies into it (which basically consist of exit interviews asking why they are withdrawing from the field) show that women don't believe - based on the way they are treated while studying - that they'll actually have the same earning potential as men who graduate, because the entire industry is toxic as gently caress.

I mean, because maths is hard, teehee~

How are women treated in a universities that adhere to Title IX and make their professors/GTAs understand what sexual harassment/discrimination is and that they can get into a lot of trouble if they don’t report it.

Go on, I have all day.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

It's because men are lazy as hell and you have to yell at them. My Asian friends are good at this and they've taught me a lot.

Remind me how well that worked on Hugh, again.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Significant Ant posted:

How are women treated in a universities that adhere to Title IX and make their professors/GTAs understand what sexual harassment/discrimination is and that they can get into a lot of trouble if they don’t report it.

Go on, I have all day.

Oh I didn't know that there's a legislation that addresses sexual discrimination in education, but I guess that must mean that it never happens then. Did you know that this is how laws work? Like Congressmen just wave their legislative wands, and abracadabra, things that are forbidden under said law is no more.

Significant Ant
Jun 14, 2017

by R. Guyovich
In some areas actually the gender gap in widening in STEM

Let’s see what the IEEE says about that

IEEE posted:

Electrical engineering has one of the lowest proportions of bachelor’s degrees awarded to women, a meager 12.4 percent last year, down from an already low 14 percent the year before, according to the American Society for Engineering Education. It’s not the lowest—computer engineering, at 9.2 percent, is at the bottom—but its proportion of women is less than a third that of biomedical or environmental engineering.

Experts see in these differences a larger pattern: ”Women seek areas where the societal benefits are very apparent,” says Diane Matt, executive director of the Women in Engineering Proactive Network, in Denver. ”They want careers that have a positive impact on the world.”

Not that there aren’t social benefits to all areas of engineering—the problem is one of perception. Eleanor Baum, dean of engineering at Cooper Union, in New York City, and an IEEE Fellow, says electrical engineers are not sending a compelling message about their profession. ”Instead of trying to explain what’s a power engineer, what’s a computer engineer, and so on, we should focus on a single coordinated message: electrical engineers do this, and this affects people’s lives.”

Shanghaied posted:

Oh I didn't know that there's a legislation that addresses sexual discrimination in education, but I guess that must mean that it never happens then. Did you know that this is how laws work? Like Congressmen just wave their legislative wands, and abracadabra, things that are forbidden under said law is no more.

Title IX is no joke and your university HR department is going to do more than just fire you if you get reported or fail to report it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
You heard it here first, sexism is over ever since Title IX was passed.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Exactly like how the Civil Rights Act did away with racism. It's illegal, you see, and illegal things literally can't happen.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

NoFap posted:

Nofap became normal for me. I dont even think about it anymore. Barely any urges, my body knows that there is no need for them, because they will anyway not be taken care of. Once in a while a wet dream.

During day, very rarely any boner. In my mind, I am horny, but my body adapted to hard mode and does not give me urges anymore. Sounds like Flatlining, but gently caress me, I then would be flatlining for the last 60 days.

So what does this hard mode and poo poo all do for me:

- well first of all, it saves me some loving time.
- second, i want to punsh people right into the face all the time non-stop.
- if people stare at me, i will stare back, until they back down. I stare at all girls right into their eyes, until they look away (I did not do that before). Pervert-style
- I envy people who have sex. Even though I dont feel any physical desire. Just my mind tells me, that I also deserve to gently caress. A lot!!!
- I can jerk off without even touching my cock. (did not try it during this streak (feels a bit like cheating), but on a previous one i did). It is fairly simple: when i finally have a moment again where i feel quite horny, i close my eyes, focus all my energy on the penis area, and hell yeah, I can jerk off without ever touching my penis. -
- Makes you feel awesome, knowing that you are probably the 0.1% of men who can do this
- I am definitely more aggressive (you can tell by my way of writing)
- My tits hurted so bad. the right one first for 2 weeks. then the left one! now finally back to normal. what kind of poo poo was that?!
- I loving look down on all the other men, those pussies who have to masturbate all the time, and who are slaves of their own loving urges.
- One day i will loving explode. I can feel that something inside of me is building up for 93 days. It is an energy which i cannot tap in consciously but i can feel that it is there. and if one day some event triggers it to come out, it wont be a happy ending for me or others
- I feel like a predator, whose only chains are his conscious and logical thinking and desire of not going into prison

NoFap posted:

Normally, I hate talking to my mom over the phone. Don't get me wrong - I have a great relationship with her, and love her more than anyone else I know. I've just always gotten irritated talking to her on the phone, since I first went off to college. Because of this, I would only give her one-word replies and answers, and calling her became more of a chore than something I enjoyed doing.
Today, for the first time in a while, I had a nice conversation with her that I actually enjoyed, and I could tell she did too. We joked, laughed, and I felt different - I was fully engaged and invested in our conversation. NoFap has helped me find joy in the smaller parts of life, and I can't wait to see what else is in store. Here's to never fapping again!

NoFap posted:

Female coworkers find me funnier now and more interesting for some reason. They suddenly laugh with me and stare me deep down my eyes for some reason. Do they know that I do nofap? Can females sense how my sexual energy is transmuting towards other activities?
I'm on day 9 and I used to Pmo three times a day before 6-7 years in a row.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
What the hell is "flatlining" and "hard mode"? Do I even want to know? Why do these weirdoes need special lingo to talk about not jacking off? Is it fair to say you don't think about jacking off when you spend your time writing on reddit about not jacking off?

I'm so confused.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

NoFap posted:

I fap almost daily since I was 14. I am 29 now.

A few days ago I fapped but stopped before cumming because I was bored. Then I slept.

After I woke up I used the computer and noticed that I was seeing around the lenses of my eyeglasses much more than what I used to see. It bothered me and I had to take my eyeglasses out. My field of vision was enlarged.

Didn't the ancients say that fapping weakened eyesight? I had good eyesight until my mid teens then I developed myopia in one eye and astigmatism in the other after a few years of fapping.

This is my second day of no fap and my field of vision is still enlarged.

Significant Ant
Jun 14, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Who What Now posted:

You heard it here first, sexism is over ever since Title IX was passed.

They’re not dropping out. Women decide not to engineering before ever even setting foot on campus.

If anything women who get in and stick to it actually have remarkable success in academia. This is why you get something like better growth rates in women getting advanced degrees while bachelor rates remain stagnant in some fields.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Significant Ant posted:

They’re not dropping out. Women decide not to engineering before ever even setting foot on campus.

If anything women who get in and stick to it actually have remarkable success in academia. This is why you get something like better growth rates in women getting advanced degrees while bachelor rates remain stagnant in some fields.

"They're pushed into other fields by creepy weirdos, nothing wrong there!"

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Kinda blows my mind that incels list petite short east asians as negatives in their book. I woulda figured that the kind of person who was on that subreddit would absolutely love a small asian girl.

Significant Ant
Jun 14, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Who What Now posted:

"They're pushed into other fields by creepy weirdos, nothing wrong there!"

I’m not sure what you’re trying to imply here

Here’s something from the NSF

National Science Foundation posted:

Women continued to enroll at disproportionately low rates in engineering (23%), computer sciences (25%), physical sciences (33%), and economics (38%).

They’re simply not enrolling to begin with.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Significant Ant posted:

Go on, I have all day.

Don't worry about it, we don't want to take away from your personal r/redpill and r/nofap posting time

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Pick posted:

Also, on the whole, women are shockingly more educated than men in the current generation. They do a lot better in schools the way that schools are currently structured. This is probably one of the reasons that now, in 46% of households, the woman is the breadwinner.

Significant Ant posted:

"Since the early nineties we have seen a steady increase in the proportion of women with a post-secondary degree. Today women make up close to 60% of college enrolment each year."

"Oh yeah, there are no women in STEM, and if you ain't STEM you ain't poo poo. Like what do people even learn in non-STEM programmes? Like poetry and pottery amirite?"

Significant Ant posted:

They're simply not enrolling to begin with.

I don't know dude, what is your explanation for the fact that women aren't enrolling in STEM subjects? I mean I know it isn't discrimination, harassment, or the prevailing social attitude that the sciences aren't for girls. Tell us, we are all so excited!

Go on, I have all day.

Shanghaied fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jul 24, 2017

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Significant Ant posted:

I’m not sure what you’re trying to imply here

Here’s something from the NSF

They’re simply not enrolling to begin with.

I wonder why that is... Well, we can rule out sexism because it's illegal and therefore literally can never happen. Hmm. :thunk:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Significant Ant posted:

I know a lot of women who were in STEM, even engineering specifically, who left, because you guys are loving terrible.

Also, we get paid more to manage you :shrug:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Significant Ant posted:

Yeah they have to stay in academia, where it sucks, rather than the private sector, where it sucks differently.

Source: woman who was in academic STEM way too long and has watched all her female friends go "gently caress it" and go on to better lives

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I went to a woman's college. Our top graduating major was Chemistry. Now almost none of those women are in the chem field. Why? What happened? Answer: they left the environment where their aptitude and personhood were respected (i.e. a place with no male peers) and entered either graduate school or industry which are toxic, toxic, toxic--and even then not as bad as engineering. Once there are men involved then they make the extremely pragmatic decision that it's not worth it, and go on to make more money as--for example--farmers. (real example)

Significant Ant
Jun 14, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Who What Now posted:

I wonder why that is... Well, we can rule out sexism because it's illegal and therefore literally can never happen. Hmm. :thunk:

Can’t speak for industry, but every single university I have been in really tried and tried hard to get women and keep women in STEM.

It’s just simply better that way. They get better GPAs and are less likely to drop out.

Shanghaied posted:

"Since the early nineties we have seen a steady increase in the proportion of women with a post-secondary degree. Today women make up close to 60% of college enrolment each year."

"Oh yeah, there are no women in STEM, and if you ain't STEM you ain't poo poo. Like what do people even learn in non-STEM programmes? Like poetry and pottery amirite?"

Maybe you should read my other post. Once they enroll, they don’t dropout. They’re not enrolling.

Shanghaied posted:

I don't know dude, what is your explanation for the fact that women aren't enrolling in STEM subjects? I mean I know it isn't discrimination, harassment, or the prevailing social attitude that the sciences aren't for girls. Tell us, we are all so excited!

Go on, I have all day.

See my post with the IEEE article. I can’t read for you.

Pick posted:

Yeah they have to stay in academia, where it sucks, rather than the private sector, where it sucks differently.

Source: woman who was in academic STEM way too long and has watched all her female friends go "gently caress it" and go on to better lives

Academia is actually pretty good, if you have a reason to be there. If you don’t, well it’s going to suck no matter what.

I loath people who get into STEM for the money. They represent the absolute worst this part of STEM has to offer.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Significant Ant posted:

Can’t speak for industry, but every single university I have been in really tried and tried hard to get women and keep women in STEM.

It’s just simply better that way. They get better GPAs and are less likely to drop out.

Tried hard doing what, exactly? Tried hard to say they tried hard?

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

quote:

During day, very rarely any boner.
Rapping this under my breath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
:gas:

• Locked thread