Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There was some Canadian post apocalypse show that was staggered here on Netflix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Has anyone else seen Hulu's new interface for Fire TVs? It is THE WORST. Did you ever think to yourself "I just want to look at one thing at a time!" It feels like it is designed for SD TVs with how little information they put on the screen at one time.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I hate Hulu's interface more every time it changes. Its weird because obviously whoever they're designing it for is the exact opposite as me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hulu's interface has been terrible since the platform debuted.

But as far as licensed content they are beating the pants off of Netflix so I will suffer through it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The weirdest thing I heard from Comicon is that Robot Chicken is apparently still going.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I was a hulu early adopter, and its interface has gotten progressively worse forever. Also it no longer remebers where Ik at in something if I want to resume it later. It says "resume" and shows a partial progress bar, bit when I hit it, it plays from the beginning.

This feature worked properly until about a month ago.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

The weirdest thing I heard from Comicon is that Robot Chicken is apparently still going.

Fake news.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Three episodes in to Ozarks. It is a seriously solid show if you're looking for something to watch.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I like Hulu's interface just fine, it's the new Netflix page that slows Firefox to a goddamn crawl that annoys me. I always end up going "fine I'll just use the PS4 then assholes"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

precision posted:

I like Hulu's interface just fine, it's the new Netflix page that slows Firefox to a goddamn crawl that annoys me. I always end up going "fine I'll just use the PS4 then assholes"

I haven't watched any streaming service on a PC in forever, it's not convenient at all.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Vikings Season 5 trailer. Skal, motherfuckers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts_8uk1ddJI

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just Chromecast everything from my phone. Except Max Go because for some reason that's the only one that still doesn't seem to have that feature. Like I can finally cast SyFy, CW, AMC, A&E, PBS, and every other channel I look for but for some reason Cinemax still lags behind.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

I haven't watched any streaming service on a PC in forever, it's not convenient at all.

The ps4 steals like all the bandwidth in the house. Worst device to have on with 3 rooms streaming

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mu Zeta posted:

Vikings Season 5 trailer. Skal, motherfuckers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts_8uk1ddJI

I'm not sure how they manage to make every season seem like such an exponential jump in scale over the previous one. I'd thought the Paris stuff was about as big as this show could go but there's stuff in this trailer that seems to dwarf that.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Ireland's sweet, sweet, tax incentives.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
Netflix did the Chelsea show daily for season 1, and weekly for season 2, they can release poo poo however they please.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Timby posted:

Netflix doesn't do staggered releases.

Sure they do. The Ranch and The Get Down, just to name a few.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

IRQ posted:

Yeah those 15+ year old movies whose books were set in Berlin sure are some weird new trend.

Psyched about that Psych movie, even though I never did see the last season of the show. I think I might be ready for more Burn Notice too at this point.

I can't remember much about the last season of Psych, other than I don't really want to watch that season again. It was a pretty good ending though.
Burn Notice I have yet to go back and watch the end of, myself. That last season was just so bad that I didn't even care how it ended.

Timby posted:

I'm curious to see how they worked Lassie in, because last I heard Omundson is still in really rough shape.

Wait, what happened to him? I don't think I've seen him in anything since Supernatural a couple of seasons ago.

Snak posted:

Psych would be better if it was Limitless.

Aw, now I'm sad because I remembered Limitless which made me remember that there will never be more Limitless.

raditts fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jul 23, 2017

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

raditts posted:

I can't remember much about the last season of Psych, other than I don't really want to watch that season again. It was a pretty good ending though.
Burn Notice I have yet to go back and watch the end of, myself. That last season was just so bad that I didn't even care how it ended.

Wait, what happened to him? I don't think I've seen him in anything since Supernatural a couple of seasons ago.

He had a stroke like a couple weeks before they started shooting the movie. They’re going to film one scene with sometime in the future to explain why he’s not in the film more. They’re giving him some more time to recover.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Aww, poor guy. He was great in Galavant.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Omundsson had a stroke? :(

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/omundson/status/868927957213081602

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

The ps4 steals like all the bandwidth in the house. Worst device to have on with 3 rooms streaming

That's not how networking works!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rocksicles posted:

Aphrodite posted:

That's not how networking works!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

That's not how it works. That's not how any of it works.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I've never seen anyone complain about download speeds on the ps4 being too good before.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, my PS4 is almost always on and even when PSN blesses me with normal DL speeds, it has never made my network sluggish.

I have crazy fast internet, sure, but my roommate and I are constantly dling and streaming poo poo and a console has never effected that.

Are you using wifi? Maybe your wifi sucks. Or you just have slow net idk.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
We have a mid-tier internet plan, and use wifi for both the PS4 and our laptop, and if I'm playing Rocket League and my wife is watching a movie on the laptop, neither of us experiences slowdown (hell I often have the best ping in most multiplayer lobbies which makes me wonder what the poo poo other people are doing, besides the obvious "living in Australia/Russia" ones)

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Living in the midwest...

But yeah, slowdown has nothing to do with our household usage and everything to do with bad infrastructure and heavy usage in our area.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We have Comcast and if someone sneezes at the hub our service goes out.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
gently caress, Twin Peaks was so good this week.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bruceski posted:

That's not how it works. That's not how any of it works.

Tell that to my Sony Bandwidth Blackhole.

We can stream 3 pcs with netflix no issues, but if the PS4 takes over netflix in the lounge, everything goes to poo poo.

When you guys have Australian ADSL, maybe you can do a compare test.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Rocksicles posted:

Tell that to my Sony Bandwidth Blackhole.

We can stream 3 pcs with netflix no issues, but if the PS4 takes over netflix in the lounge, everything goes to poo poo.

When you guys have Australian ADSL, maybe you can do a compare test.

NBN has been loving imminent here for the last few years. loving hurry up/

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
The wifi in my room goes to poo poo whenever I turn on my ethernet connected PS4 but other than that nobody else in the house notices it

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Ozarks is pretty good, hard to not see it as "Michael finally gets control of the family business".

The initial premise though is kinda flimsy, dude cashes out the business right when his partner disappears, gets the last known phone call from him, buys a house in the Ozarks, and it takes the FBI a week to ask him a question?. FBI is sloooow in this universe.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Why is nobody talking about Orphan Black this year? It's doing a really great job of tying all its craziness together in a satisfying package.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That show is still going?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This is the final season.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

3 episodes left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
Really enjoying Ozarks so far. The same things that make Jason Bateman such a good comedic actor can make him a loving rear end in a top hat dramatic actor.

• Locked thread