Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Please post more vegan memes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

frankenfreak posted:

Crossposting from D&D AGAIN. What's going on over there?

Talkin' about dictators?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Wheany posted:

Please post more tumblr memes where vegans get upset by fruit "gore"

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Randaconda posted:

...Wonder Molester.

:negative:

:same:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Wheany posted:

Please post more vegan memes

dairy is simply the new tobacco. and is going down just like the tobacco industry

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Holy poo poo. That did it. I'm now vegan.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Karate Bastard posted:

Holy poo poo. That did it. I'm now vegan.

Ironic, because i now hunger even more for the flesh of animals.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j7kEAB3bfM

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Randaconda posted:

Ironic, because i now hunger even more for the flesh of animals.

It probably wouldn't take much more convincing for me to get to the point that I'd want to eat a vegan.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

our bois back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOSY5zoB6TI

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Is 1300 gallons = 1 burger accurate?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bombadilillo posted:

quote:

A 1/3-pound burger requires 660 gallons of water. Most of this water is for producing beef (see below). 1 pound of beef requires 1,799 gallons of water, which includes irrigation of the grains and grasses in feed, plus water for drinking and processing.

guess it depends on how big your burger is

soylon
Jan 29, 2015

the anti vegan

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Bombadilillo posted:

capitalism says WHO GIVES A FUUUUUCK

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

treiz01 posted:

capitalism says WHO GIVES A FUUUUUCK

So do my tastebuds

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, water is, like, everywhere. We are not in any danger of "running out" of water and I hate all the disingenuous arguments that we are. All we are talking about is MONEY to move water from here to there or purify it or whatever.

If you didn't buy that burger, the water wouldn't go to sick children or thirsty fish, it would just stay wherever it already was.

If it gets more expensive to move water, the beef will cost more and we will still eat it, just less of it maybe.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
A ton of those vegan superfoods take up just as much water too. Quinoa is terrible for water usage and is industriously destroying Peru now that all the hipsters have gotten ahold of it. Olive oil is like 1700 gallons of water per pound (granted, most of us aren't pounding down a whole bottle of olive oil a day). Nuts are like 1400 gallons/lb.

If you're truly going vegan to save water eat nothing but figs, potatoes, and tomatoes.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

corporations managing to get people to blame themselves about water and resource consumption is a funny capitalist trick and bonkers. all of the water consumers collectively waste is not a drop in the bucket compared to the waste in agribusiness, like growing loving almonds or alfalfa in the desert. having even slightly more controls over this would drastically help more than saving shower water to use later or whatever dumb poo poo ideas people shame each other over

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

"fast food companies shouldn't be allowed to put filler in their meat"
"ok mcdonalds and taco bell are now 100% beef"
"all this extra beef is killing the environment"

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Bombadilillo posted:

just don't shower for 3 months and you can enjoy that burger guilt free, problem solved

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The biggest waste of resources on earth is us having the technology to desalinate ocean water and convert it to river water but we don't do that because of bombs or trillion dollar non-flying jets or whatever because capitalism is retarded.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The biggest waste of resources on earth is us having the technology to desalinate ocean water and convert it to river water but we don't do that because of bombs or trillion dollar non-flying jets or whatever because capitalism is retarded.

Sir, this is a meme thread

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

KoRMaK posted:

Sir, this is a meme thread

If you squint my post is a loss edit

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

It is a drat shame.

We need to spend that money on sexual education for grown-ups.

I mean, we teach the kids about HIV, the herp and the growing problem of antibiotic resistance

Also healthcare and infrastructure might be good things to focus on rather than F-35s

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

If you squint my post is a loss edit

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

If they'd spent less money on the f35 it wouldn't have been as funny imo

soylon
Jan 29, 2015

The products of desalination are freshwater (good!) and highly concentrated brine that will kill basically any wildlife it touches (bad!). There is currently no effective way to dispose of the brine since it doesn't dissipate in the ocean, it sinks to the bottom and kills everything on the seafloor, so it can't be done on a large scale.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I mean, that, and desalination is monumentally loving expensive.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

soylon posted:

The products of desalination are freshwater (good!) and highly concentrated brine that will kill basically any wildlife it touches (bad!). There is currently no effective way to dispose of the brine since it doesn't dissipate in the ocean, it sinks to the bottom and kills everything on the seafloor, so it can't be done on a large scale.

Just add fresh water to the brine and turn it into seawater, then dump it in the ocean. problem solved

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Buy that brine cheap and start a pickle empire.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Nostradingus posted:

Just add fresh water to the brine and turn it into seawater, then dump it in the ocean. problem solved

And call it, like, the water cycle or something

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:negative:

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i counted about 20 squares i could cross off for m'self so... you're in good company, at least?

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style

canyoneer posted:

Talkin' about dictators?

Dick-taters didn't get enough love :colbert:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

i counted about 20 squares i could cross off for m'self so... you're in good company, at least?

:buddy:

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

blackout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Holy poo poo, that hurts
:same: