Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/dongoehubaire/status/889243764061089792

Stein/Putie 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm... gonna be involved in other pursuits for a while, because the more news i read about the "better deal," the angrier i get and frankly, that time could be better spent.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

zegermans posted:

hahaha that message is so terrible

now imagine not being able to wrest party control from these people with your own messaging

Imagine being such a sheltered republican-lite suburban whitey that you think the global financial system is just bing bang bong so simple to beat

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dems are trying to keep the money rolling in, keep Wall Street and pharma happy, AND win elections? Bless their hearts.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Big Balls Bernie with the appropriate messaging

https://twitter.com/electprogress/status/889127221964804096

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

nopantsjack posted:

changing the dems from within is the most plausible route to widespread political change of the kind people wanna see, and it'll probably happen some day or another and then get slowly stripped away once people stop paying attention. but its only the most plausible cause the runner up "start a third party" is vanishingly improbable though.

I spose the other alternative is a mass movement that pressures both parties to give the american people the basic rights enjoyed (or used to be enjoyed) in most of the first world, the only issue with that is political parties dont give a single poo poo about mass movements beyond changing their rhetoric unless there is a chance of them losing their position and power, which requires supporting some kind of political party to boot the fuckers out.

there are no political solutions moron

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
okay okay, one more post and then i'll gently caress off

https://twitter.com/iamskye/status/889290351181144064

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

One way to show you are a party that is in touch with America is to talk about loving cable bills in 2017

Was this in Pelosi's piece, because I couldn't read that one (WaPo is apparently being a whiny baby about AdBlock and I refuse to reward that kind of behavior) and I didn't see it in Chucky's piece

I'd be interested to hear more details because the bandwidth industry is one of the worst in the country and I wanna know exactly how useless their plan for dealing with them is

We need to get bandwidth classified as a utility and nationalize the networks instead of having to pay $everything/month to get lovely slow service from the one provider available in your neighborhood thanks to the illegal drug-cartel-style territory agreements Comcast et al have made with each other, but there's no way in hell Pelosi would suggest that

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
It's easy to win guys, just use the exact political machinery the capitalist oligarchy uses to exert control over society. I'm sure they haven't warped or locked down anything and the pristine machinery of the people is just sitting idle instead of not existing.

That this promise has essentially never been fulfilled beyond hazy, ahistorical arguments is of no consequence as I will shift the blame to the individual with absolute certainty.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Somewhere in Daou's house, there is a drinking bird ornament standing in a pool of caked blood, tirelessly hitting Enter on the keyboard, illuminated only by the monitor's dim glow, the words "Are you sure you want to repost your tweet?" forever burned into its pixels.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

white sauce posted:

Imagine being such a sheltered republican-lite suburban whitey that you think the global financial system is just bing bang bong so simple to beat

Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and gently caress the prom queen(or king)

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Where's the best beachhead right now in overturning the establishment anyway? I mean in terms of replacing local politicians with Berniecrats/etc.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Somebody says what's a better thing to do
Well, it's not just me
And it's not just you

This is all around the world

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

zegermans posted:

Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and gently caress the prom queen(or king)

Since a girl literally poo poo herself in order to not sleep with you what does that make you?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

white sauce posted:

Since a girl literally poo poo herself in order to not sleep with you what does that make you?

On a scale of Okinawan Marine to Bernie?

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

zegermans posted:

Where's the best beachhead right now in overturning the establishment anyway? I mean in terms of replacing local politicians with Berniecrats/etc.

https://youtu.be/2os-MWy7XW8

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Condiv posted:

the training for tax cuts is loving trickle-down welfare. it's what reagan would've done if he wanted to pretend to like poor people

nah, it's straight up padding the numbers. presumably the tax credits will expire after a certain period, after which the companies will immediately fire the employee and then hire another one so they can get the credit again

personally though I think the "we'll regulate mergers better" bit is the worst, though, just because the fact that that's the best they could come up with is so blatantly a concession to business. absolutely no one was complaining about mergers at all during any part of 2016. nobody said "I'm not voting for Democrats because they let Exxon and Mobil merge twenty years ago". the fact that Schumer is suddenly waving it around as some historical injustice is completely out of left field. the only way I can possibly make sense of it is if they invited a bunch of special interests to their strategy meeting and gave them veto power over suggestions, and then the special interests shot down everything that got suggested in the "reducing the power of special interests" category, and this was the only thing the Dems could come up with that didn't anger the lobbyists

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

zegermans posted:

On a scale of Okinawan Marine to Bernie?

The spectrum should be Marine to Bill Clinton tho

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Main Paineframe posted:

nah, it's straight up padding the numbers. presumably the tax credits will expire after a certain period, after which the companies will immediately fire the employee and then hire another one so they can get the credit again

personally though I think the "we'll regulate mergers better" bit is the worst, though, just because the fact that that's the best they could come up with is so blatantly a concession to business. absolutely no one was complaining about mergers at all during any part of 2016. nobody said "I'm not voting for Democrats because they let Exxon and Mobil merge twenty years ago". the fact that Schumer is suddenly waving it around as some historical injustice is completely out of left field. the only way I can possibly make sense of it is if they invited a bunch of special interests to their strategy meeting and gave them veto power over suggestions, and then the special interests shot down everything that got suggested in the "reducing the power of special interests" category, and this was the only thing the Dems could come up with that didn't anger the lobbyists

well and as far as i'm aware, obama had all the tools he needed in 2008-2016 to clamp down on mergers or break up businesses, and chose not to avail himself of them. so now chuck pretends dems care and they're gonna pass new anti-monopoly regs that will somehow not be ignored like the old ones are?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
How close are we to the point where revolution becomes a serious, genuine option?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

drat Bernie and Biden tag team body slamming Hillary? Could sell that as PPV

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I didn't realize "manage to lose to an orange pissbaby" was a 227 year old goal

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Just realized that after losing the most important election because they pandered too much to lame centrists suburban republicans

They wait 6 months and do the same exact poo poo again

Just lmao if you ever vote for these leeches ever again

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
A good read:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jul/24/democratic-donors-kamala-harris-rising-star-hamptons?CMP=share_btn_tw

Dems are dumb, Bernie is cool

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

MizPiz posted:

How close are we to the point where revolution becomes a serious, genuine option?

Three meals a day.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Schumer's commitment that the Democrats will not grow the government is also code for, "Democrats won't raise taxes."

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

zegermans posted:

hahaha that message is so terrible

now imagine not being able to wrest party control from these people with your own messaging

What if I told you messaging alone is not enough?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

MizPiz posted:

politics ceased to be a meaningful option for reform years ago, it's just now that most of you nerds are finally catching on

in your heart you already know the way forward :killing:

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Schumer's commitment that the Democrats will not grow the government is also code for, "Democrats won't raise taxes."

WJ, LV9 and ZDR breathed a sigh of relief

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

white sauce posted:

WJ, LV9 and ZDR breathed a sigh of relief

lmao

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

zeal posted:

politics ceased to be a meaningful option for reform years ago, it's just now that most of you nerds are finally catching on

in your heart you already know the way forward :killing:

This is me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdLhbPBNC2M

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

now you're talking sense

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Uwe Boll did nothing wrong

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

What if I told you messaging alone is not enough?

I dunno I'm retweeting DSA as hard as I can"?!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/amanda_pompili/status/889185934624862209

https://twitter.com/amanda_pompili/status/889204260117901312

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Hang all these fuckers

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/889479040054243329
https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/889481631228076032