Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

InitialDave posted:

Please don't say this poo poo unironically.

I was going to ask if it is at least nearly empty, but is full, isn't it? It's always full.

It's got 1/3rd tank in it. The fuel pump has died in it before, however one thing I haven't checked is the fuse for it. I'll do that and also check with my mechanic that dad used to get the ute serviced with to see if I have missed anything before sending the ute to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

KakerMix posted:

Moon is better than The Martian in film form.

eehhh...it's a close race

Both are better than Gravity

All three are much better than Interstellar (just skip them movie and repeat 'Murphhhh!!!' and 'Okra' a thousand times to get the same experience)

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

You Am I posted:

It's got 1/3rd tank in it. The fuel pump has died in it before, however one thing I haven't checked is the fuse for it. I'll do that and also check with my mechanic that dad used to get the ute serviced with to see if I have missed anything before sending the ute to him.
Well, at least you're not having to do it yourself. One of my least favourite jobs.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

InitialDave posted:

The short films that Blomkamp's doing on his Oats youtube channel are really interesting though.

I've literally just this minute finished watching Zygote. The weird reptilian one was the best but the creature in this is the most interesting. It seems like some of the ideas are decent but I don't really have much faith Blomkamp can pull his head out of his arse long enough to objectively consider what he's doing.

D9 was great, Elysium pretty good, Chappie just arse. The latter bummed me out because the premise of a learning AI being brought up like you would a baby is great, but then you introduce Die Antwoord who poo poo up the screen for 90 minutes and have other characters do the dumbest stuff imaginable in a weird mash up of Robocop and Short Circuit which lacks even a small amount of the charm either of those films have.

I'm hoping to be surprised by the new Blade Runner, Villneuve has put out some good films.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Zygote was my favourite so far.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Chappie just arse. The latter bummed me out because the premise of a learning AI being brought up like you would a baby is great, but then you introduce Die Antwoord who poo poo up the screen for 90 minutes and have other characters do the dumbest stuff imaginable in a weird mash up of Robocop and Short Circuit which lacks even a small amount of the charm either of those films have.
Yeah, this. I hated it.

Just bought a 3D printer :toot:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I recently streamed 13 Hours, the Benghazi movie. I enjoyed it even though it was a Michael Bay-Splosion film.

Bad opinions; I have plenty.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

InitialDave posted:

Zygote was my favourite so far.

Yeah, this. I hated it.

Just bought a 3D printer :toot:

what'd you get?

I just got home.

1. American tourists are loving special obnoxious asshats and oh my loving god I want to go back to Ukraine *aneurysm*
2. 12 hours on a plane with these jackasses will really make you appreciate slavic culture.
3. Someone tried to break into my loving garage but failed since there was a 4 ton anchor in the way. I successfully cut my way in because I need a goddamn shower like woah.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Leperflesh posted:

Also if you break down almost anywhere in the UK you are still only like 30 minutes at most from a place that can tow you, and there's not many places without cell phone coverage. In the US, the prospect of breaking down scares people because they envision themselves in this situation (even though they never actually drive to places like this):

So I think in the UK people are just more tolerant of unreliable vehicles, generally.

Hey that looks like where I was last week!

I just started to organise getting a new windscreen for the big girl. Terrified that I'll find rust above the passenger sun visor- seems to be the ONLY place these things actually rust.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Did you wash it while out there :v:

gently caress UPS. My order from the USA is doing a North Pacific tour. It's been to Alaska, Korea, China and Singapore before getting here. It's been 12 days while stuff I order via fedex takes 4 days. The loving USPS is faster than 12 days!
Anyway, I hope I get it finally today, but unlikely as it's delivery time around now and no one has come yet.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

WHAT A DAY! WHAT A LOVELY DAY!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Nah, its dry as dry can be up there at the moment, nothing but dust so no mud coating this time.

Places down around Craddock have had less than 10mm of rain this winter- the publican at the hotel said that he's just had 2000 lambs drop and he'll probably loose ~1000 to starvation cos you can feed em grain when they're new born or their stomachs will explode, and if the mums are starving they'll just turn off the milk and walk away from the lambs. Every blade of grass is dead.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

IOwnCalculus posted:

WHAT A DAY! WHAT A LOVELY DAY!

That's something I REALLY don't miss about El Paso.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We just watched the Veronica Mars movie and HOLY SHEET Kristen Bell was clearly still nursing.

drat GIRL

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

That's something I REALLY don't miss about El Paso.

This is the first time I've ever actually had to stop. Either they don't get dense enough to reduce visibility below a quarter mile, or I'm already off the roads.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Rhyno posted:

We just watched the Veronica Mars movie and HOLY SHEET Kristen Bell was clearly still nursing.

drat GIRL
A normal thing to post.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Rhyno posted:

drat GIRL

Yeah Bad Moms had a drat GIRL moment or two in it for Kristen Bell as well. In fact she played against type pretty well in that movie. Dumb and predictable but I'd stare at Mila Kunis reading the phone book for 2 hours.

It lasts less than a second but I remembered it all day! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21dvcRp9x8E&t=96s

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jul 24, 2017

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

KakerMix posted:

Forgive my ignorance but as a person living in the USA I constantly get reminded that Minis and Range Rovers are unreliable garbage considering the alternatives we have available.

No, they're totally reliable which is why I'm sorting a Mini cooling issue...

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

They're reliably terrible

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cage posted:

A normal thing to post.

It's totally normal!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

cursedshitbox posted:

what'd you get?
Wanhao Duplicator i3 Plus. Seemed like a good starter option.

I was about to buy a new one, then saw a guy selling one with a couple of upgrades for £100 less, so bought that. Figured £100 should cover any fixes, though in theory it's all working and good to go. We shall see.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Summer can bite my hairy rear end.

AC went out in the Vic on Friday night. Spent most of Saturday sweating through 101 degrees and 80% humidity to trace and troubleshoot, ended up being a blower fan and resistor.

Fun times.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Sup summer buddy :smith:

I'm at the point where I'm trying to decide if I want to spend the money to fix the ac in my car, or spend a similar amount of money to replace the whole car.

Paid a friend (who's been working in a shop for over a decade) to throw a new compressor in a week and a half ago, got a week of glorious cold air, but with the car struggling to maintain highway speeds and mileage nose diving.

that last dot - the compressor locked up when I was down to about half a tank, so the mileage went back up a bit afterwards.. haven't filled up again since, but I have well over 200 miles on this tank and still have over 1/3 of a 13 gallon tank left, so I think I'm back to my normal mpg.

Best I can figure, he dumped entirely way too much oil in it. Pulled the compressor today. Dumped out about a cup and a half of oil going by my measuring cup (total system capacity is 8 oz... compressor alone should hold about 5 oz, 1 cup is ~8 oz), with a side of sparkly bits. Dem sparkly bits and chunky bits probably mean I get to replace a whole lot more than just the compressor this time, right?

I'm not bitter. I'm not pissed off. Nope. Not me. Not one motherfucking bit. why would I be pissed off? I only spend 8+ hours a day in the loving car.

:fuckoff:

sorry I'm in a really loving bad mood after dealing with this loving heat

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Jul 24, 2017

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

InitialDave posted:

Wanhao Duplicator i3 Plus. Seemed like a good starter option.

I was about to buy a new one, then saw a guy selling one with a couple of upgrades for £100 less, so bought that. Figured £100 should cover any fixes, though in theory it's all working and good to go. We shall see.

I've got a wanhao i3 too, so give me a shout if you need help or want advice.
Definitely a Solid machine for the price and you can get great prints off it once you have it dialled in.
has a few flaws though. As soon as you get it home you should open the case up and check the condition of the connector for the heated bed before you think about leaving it printing unattended. Mine melted the lovely connector and part of the board so I have it wired through a relay now (after fixing the board) and I have a RAMPS board waiting for me to fit it instead.

When you start off playing - getting the bed position right is key, and then get PLA printing down before you start even thinking about ABS. And if you want to use it in a room at standard UK varied ambient temp then you will want to make an enclosure for it.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Cool, thanks. I think the wiring may be different on the plus, though, as it has the power supply and other gubbins integrated into it rather than a standalone box.

Either way I'll have a poke around it before using it in anger.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Cage posted:

A normal thing to post.

What the gently caress guy boobs are great get the gently caress out of here

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

Not a phrase you tend to hear from ladies.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dipped under 170 pounds.

I'm SKINEEEEEE

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Adiabatic posted:

Boobs are great but the point about nursing was more than I needed.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Cage posted:

Clearly the opinion of a guy having no experience with boobs in full function. (They're great.)

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
:confuoot:

I don't understand

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cage posted:

Kristen Bell is not known for having large bosoms. She had just had a child when production on the VM movie started. Boobs are bigger at that stage. It was quite noticeable on her.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Seminal Flu posted:

Clearly the opinion of a guy having no experience with boobs in full function. (They're great.)
True. Worth the price of a kid though?

Rhyno posted:

Kristen Bell is not known for having large bosoms. She had just had a child when production on the VM movie started. Boobs are bigger at that stage. It was quite noticeable on her.
A lot of words about boobs.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Tits are great, commenting about someone's tits on an internet forum is weird. ...unless it's a forum dedicated to tits.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Boobs are loving awesome.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Boobs are great, but a woman with brains is better.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

Boobs are great, but a woman with brains is better.

It's not an either/or.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You can touch the boobs while she does math.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

spog posted:

It's not an either/or.

Its a ranking, not an either or. If you can get both, perfect. If you have to choose one over the other, I'd say brains.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
but what about DAT rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

Its a ranking, not an either or. If you can get both, perfect. If you have to choose one over the other, I'd say brains.

So... boobs=engine and brains=tyres?

• Locked thread