Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
Are all sensitivity adjustments independent?

Is targeting sensitivity relative to general sensitivity?
Can I jack up general sensitivity and keep the others low to make dragging items to inventory easier? I cant log in to servers right now to try it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

your Star Lord coat was the obvious reason behind your victory

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Had a solo game where I jumped onto a bridge with a Dacia and flipped it on it's side, saw someone approaching the bridge and decided to use it as cover, bopped the man out of his buggy only to get into a sniper duel with another man.

Someone was kind enough to come and ram into my car to flip it over. Unfortunately he did not wait for me to move away from it.

Best game.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Carebearz posted:

it really is (i murdered the last guy)

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

underage at the vape shop posted:

it really is (i murdered the last guy)

If only you could wear the ballistic mask and punk goggles at the same time.

Then you could have his mask too.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Count Bleck posted:

If only you could wear the ballistic mask and punk goggles at the same time.

Then you could have his mask too.

you can wear the half gas mask and googles, it's close enough

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

Carebearz posted:

Lies. Butt Pan is the key to victory. All hail the Butt Pan!

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010

What is the game name for the star lord coat?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

cosmicjim posted:

What is the game name for the star lord coat?

"coat (red)"

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Canuckistan posted:

Lies. Butt Pan is the key to victory. All hail the Butt Pan!

I mean, butt pan helps out mechanically, Star Lord coat just has you feeling cool as hell.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Carebearz posted:

I mean, butt pan helps out mechanically, Star Lord coat just has you feeling cool as hell.

Look good, feel good.

Feel good, play good.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

The other day I was watching a Grimmmz 12+ kill win and looking up the stats of the people he plays against. Almost all of them were 2000+ Elo but they also mostly had <1.0KDR. It seems they do most of their Elo climbing through just being in the top 10 a lot.

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!

Herstory Begins Now posted:

KDR is never a joke. In games like battlefield where there are objectives other than just kill everyone else, kdr isn't that important. In this game the entire point is to kill everyone and you're going to die any round you don't win. KDR is absolutely a measure of how good you are.

Ahahhahahhahaha

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010

Yeah, I was thinking about that. My KDR is .96 and looking at that stat I'm worse than 50% of the population. Looking at my solo rating I'm in the top 11%. So my mmr is probably placing me with people that on average are better at combat than me. Does grimmz die early that much on stream to keep his rating down?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

cosmicjim posted:

Yeah, I was thinking about that. My KDR is .96 and looking at that stat I'm worse than 50% of the population. Looking at my solo rating I'm in the top 11%. So my mmr is probably placing me with people that on average are better at combat than me. Does grimmz die early that much on stream to keep his rating down?

Grimmz is extremely aggressive and dies early pretty often, but not usually before he's gotten like 5 kills at a minimum. I don't think I've seen any behavior that would indicate that he's doing any dying on purpose (especially considering how mad he can get about dying)

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010

Ice Fist posted:

Grimmz is extremely aggressive and dies early pretty often, but not usually before he's gotten like 5 kills at a minimum. I don't think I've seen any behavior that would indicate that he's doing any dying on purpose (especially considering how mad he can get about dying)

I didnt think he was dying on purpose. He probably cares about KDR.
It just demonstrates how much it weights longevity over kills.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
You guys do realise there are two ratings, right? Grimmmz is really high up in one and only somewhat above average in the other, so it evens out to a not-amazing rating. (Which is funny, because the combined rating tends to be higher than either of the two individual ratings for most people.)

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jul 24, 2017

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Party Plane Jones posted:

I legitimately want an American-180 in the game because doing drivebys with a full auto .22lr drum feed rifle sounds perfect for this game.

Here is a video of the american 180 in action,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J50N5lQoAFw

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Inspector_666 posted:

Look good, feel good.

Feel good, play good.

This guy gets it.

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

cosmicjim posted:

yup and it really makes his win rating suffer. buut he's streaming the game to like 10k people and they probably want to see action all game sooo

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

cosmicjim posted:

My KDR is .96 and looking at that stat I'm worse than 50% of the population.
Is there a listing somewhere of the percentiles?

I'm still fairly new. I've gotten about 25 games in. Top 10'd a handful of times by dumb luck. I've managed some kills, but usually people acting like absolute morons (I imagine what I look like playing this game). KDR is around 0.5, but I think I'm getting better.

I watched ChocoTaco stream and about 2/3 of the time he spots a person I see loving nothing, which is a little demoralizing.

odiv fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jul 24, 2017

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

odiv posted:

A quick search on my phone gives this link but I'm not sure how accurate it is

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010

There's pubg tracker and pubg.me. I'm not sure how accurate the percentages are that compare you to the population.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

odiv posted:

I watched ChocoTaco stream and about 2/3 of the time he spots a person I see loving nothing, which is a little demoralizing.

Spotting people gets easier with time, I've only started being able to spot people at 200+ meters and I'm not 100% perfect but I had to watch Choco's stream a lot and other folks to figure out what it was they were seeing. It's also worth remembering, streamers and folks like that are basically playing this game at a professional level and spend 6 to 8 hours a day playing this game. You'll get better if you play that often too.

chocoTaco
Jul 22, 2017

cosmicjim posted:

I don't really think he's dying on purpose. Grimmmz's rating fluctuates a lot because of the way he plays. Once his rating gets high he starts losing more. The way he plays doesn't work well against really good players. Then he ends up in games with people way below his skill level and crushes for a day, bringing his rating back up. Nothing against Grimmmz of course!

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Pattonesque posted:

this is very chill

:}

willroc7 posted:

wow you are good

More lucky than anything

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

DrNutt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXjXeNd85CU

Here's the video. It helps to have blind opponents, as you can see here.

Wanna see a dude own three of us with a cross bow and then my friend get triggered and stop being my friend for two weeks? This is a regular thing with our "toxic" bro. I wish I would've just responded with "ehhh I don't think I'm gonna make the LAN dude" since that would've been funnier than just trying to bite my tongue. e; video is from another friend's perspective, not the screamer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8-8jY7lucQ

Also, my buddy posted it on a reddit thread which featured tons of comments like :

quote:

Holy poo poo that guy has anger issues

quote:

Your team mate is a piece of poo poo. Toxic as gently caress

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

RizieN posted:

Wanna see a dude own three of us with a cross bow and then my friend get triggered and stop being my friend for two weeks? This is a regular thing with our "toxic" bro. I wish I would've just responded with "ehhh I don't think I'm gonna make the LAN dude" since that would've been funnier than just trying to bite my tongue. e; video is from another friend's perspective, not the screamer.

Also, my buddy posted it on a reddit thread which featured tons of comments like :

:stare: uh. Yeah, would not play with that dude.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

by far my favourite thing to hear people lose their minds about is when you get smoked by the same guy that just smoked them

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

RizieN posted:

Why do you play video games with that guy? legit question.

"friend gets hit by crossbow in the exact same manner he did" WHAT THE gently caress IS WRONG WITH YOU HOW CAN YOU NOT DODGE THAT.

That was literally just 30 seconds into a match, how toxic does he get if he actually invested time into a round?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

RizieN posted:

Wanna see a dude own three of us with a cross bow and then my friend get triggered and stop being my friend for two weeks?

:laffo:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RizieN posted:

Well the comments are right. It's really lovely to tilt on friends like that. If a single guy in a crossbow kills you and your friends in the first minute of the match you should be laughing your rear end off together.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Crossbow dude rules and lol at angerfriend.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Why do you play video games with that guy? legit question.

We've known each other since middle school, have quite a bit of history together. I certainly don't always play with him, I reach my tolerance and stop for a while, then we get back to it until that poo poo happens again. Sometimes I tell myself it's just PTSD and move on (despite this poo poo happening before the war). Other times I tell him to gently caress off and die. It's not fun for anyone, so when it stops being fun we stop playing with him. His enthusiasm and competitive nature can be great in some scenarios, and terrible in others. Come to think of it though, a lot of our great competitive moments have been away from each other I think. I was CAL Main on a different team for CS:S, our team never made it past open. This might sound like a battered-wife excuse making, but I'm just answering your question honestly. Also, I think since reddit called him out on that video he's been way better.

Elentor posted:

Well the comments are right. It's really lovely to tilt on friends like that. If a single guy in a crossbow kills you and your friends in the first minute of the match you should be laughing your rear end off together.

This is the preferred and normal outcome of that scenario. Any other group I'm with and that would've happened. Hell, our buddy made that video just to give props to player "Stride" and see if he was on reddit.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

RizieN posted:

We've known each other since middle school, have quite a bit of history together. I certainly don't always play with him, I reach my tolerance and stop for a while, then we get back to it until that poo poo happens again. Sometimes I tell myself it's just PTSD and move on (despite this poo poo happening before the war). Other times I tell him to gently caress off and die. It's not fun for anyone, so when it stops being fun we stop playing with him. His enthusiasm and competitive nature can be great in some scenarios, and terrible in others. Come to think of it though, a lot of our great competitive moments have been away from each other I think. I was CAL Main on a different team for CS:S, our team never made it past open. This might sound like a battered-wife excuse making, but I'm just answering your question honestly. Also, I think since reddit called him out on that video he's been way better.

This is the preferred and normal outcome of that scenario. Any other group I'm with and that would've happened. Hell, our buddy made that video just to give props to player "Stride" and see if he was on reddit.

Glad to know that my friend group is not the only one that includes an autist

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
I've noticed that people like this generally don't improve, maybe they'll get embarrassed and chill out for a short while after someone makes a point of how ridiculous they have been behaving but they never really stop getting mad at videogames.

Edit: Also he's more likely to just drive off anyone who has the displeasure of playing with him, if you play with a group of regulars and you bring him along, they'll avoid him if the group is big enough for that to be viable but they'll go elsewhere if they can't get away from him.

lohli fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jul 24, 2017

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lohli posted:

I've noticed that people like this generally don't improve, maybe they'll get embarrassed and chill out for a short while after someone makes a point of how ridiculous they have been behaving but they never really stop getting mad at videogames.

Edit: Also he's more likely to just drive off anyone who has the displeasure of playing with him, if you play with a group of regulars and you bring him along, they'll avoid him if the group is big enough for that to be viable but they'll go elsewhere if they can't get away from him.

Yeah, pretty much that. Games are meant to be a form of entertainment and under no circumstance whatsoever should people freak out like that over their friends. Enthusiasm and competitive nature aren't really an excuse - you can take the whole thing seriously as a hobby if you want but the end goal should still be to entertain yourselves. If the guy gets mad for real and then stops playing/talking to you for a while over the game then things are hosed up.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

lohli posted:

This has actually happened and is the real bummer here. We could've built a decent and talented gaming community but all the talent that we attract inevitably stops playing. He's actually very good at FPS games, just a lovely and angry leader. We've had some good teammates too. There are nights where we'd win 4 or 5 games in a row, and every other match would be top 10. Feels good, until it doesn't.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Parallel Playa posted:

You guys do realise there are two ratings, right? Grimmmz is really high up in one and only somewhat above average in the other, so it evens out to a not-amazing rating. (Which is funny, because the combined rating tends to be higher than either of the two individual ratings for most people.)

ChocoToco is number 1 on kill rating with Grimmmz as number 2. Choco plays conservative as gently caress during the entire round and gets more of his kills right during the very end of the round. Choco is much higher on the score ratings than Grimmmz I believe he is in the top 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

odiv posted:

I'm still fairly new. I've gotten about 25 games in. Top 10'd a handful of times by dumb luck. I've managed some kills, but usually people acting like absolute morons (I imagine what I look like playing this game). KDR is around 0.5, but I think I'm getting better.

Brought up occasionally but worth remembering that the quality of the stream is well below the quality that the streamer is playing in. It's possible that you would have easily spotted the person if you were viewing it on a top of the line system as well.

• Locked thread