Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Freaksaus posted:

I love this server, and the dumb things people are willing to do.

Urge to knock over potatoes rising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Fairy healing has a range like everything else. Eos won't be able to heal your ranged dps if they stay stuck in the corner of the room. Most of the time its not much of an issue since your fairy will stick to you by default and their range of healing matches yours. But by placing Eos near, say, where the boss is sitting, Eos will be able to focus on Embracing the MT while you can run around healing the dumb ranged dps or rezzing someone who is too far away.

I haven't gotten SCH passed level 60 yet but i'd imagine placing fairies will be useful for Fey Union.

And it means you'll forget that you manually set the fairies position and by time you remember in the next room she will have despawned.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Zinkraptor posted:

I feel like FF6 stuff would be better used 'integrated' into the setting like the FF3 stuff, especially since the FF14 empire is basically just the FF6 one

Yeah, and they already used exactly the same design for magitek armor.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
As a sch I'll be happy when I hit 57 so I don't have to be terrified of bardam's mettle anymore. I've taken to asking tanks to take it slow there at the start because jesus christ everything hits so hard. Final boss is really scary too, he does like 4 big aoe moves in a row while also slamming the tank.

Could be just the players but drks are way harder to heal than the other two tanks for me. Paladins are easy mode, wars seem to shrug off everything, drks constantly ping pong between 25% and 80% and its gonna give me a heart attack.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Since Varis clearly isn't it, when are we getting an Evil David Bowie Emperor fight?

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Zinkraptor posted:

I feel like FF6 stuff would be better used 'integrated' into the setting like the FF3 stuff, especially since the FF14 empire is basically just the FF6 one

What really shocked the Emperor when Elidibus took his mask off: layers of caked-on clown makeup

Jinh posted:

Could be just the players but drks are way harder to heal than the other two tanks for me. Paladins are easy mode, wars seem to shrug off everything, drks constantly ping pong between 25% and 80% and its gonna give me a heart attack.

Our cooldowns are garbage, that's why. The whole situation is phenomenally improved at 70 when we get The Blackest Knight, but before then we trade a potentially useful cooldown for Dark Mind (magic damage reduction is useless on trash and PLD does it better with Shelltron/Bulwark now anyway), and Shadow Wall is a worse, no-upside version of Sentinel.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I love tanking Susanoo on WAR because every attack of note that he has is physical so Raw Intuition works really well. I've seen more than one bad DRK get pancaked by his cleave because they don't know what mitigates what and they pop their magic cooldown.

I hate tanking Lakshmi and Deltascape for the opposite reason, a lot of things deal magic damage. It's not more difficult for anyone, but being in Defiance ever is a bummer, as good a cooldown as Inner Beast is. I can juggle Vengeance and Rampart usually but sometimes I fall back on Inner Beast/Defiance.

What I'm saying is, my end goal on Warrior is to spend as little time away from Fell Cleave as possible.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jul 24, 2017

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I'm actually really interested in more bosses like the first boss of ARF or the last boss of Ala Mhigo. Bosses that are our size rather than giant monsters are a nice change of pace.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Idk if this is a valid complaint, I've seen the thread argue this before I think, but I think having a difference between physical/magical mitigation is really pointless when a lot of attacks which should be magical are physical and vice versa. Turns it into a memorization wall, sorta like remembering gendered nouns while learning the german language. It's not intuitive and knowing it just results in you embarrassing yourself less.

Rainuwastaken posted:

Our cooldowns are garbage, that's why. The whole situation is phenomenally improved at 70 when we get The Blackest Knight, but before then we trade a potentially useful cooldown for Dark Mind (magic damage reduction is useless on trash and PLD does it better with Shelltron/Bulwark now anyway), and Shadow Wall is a worse, no-upside version of Sentinel.

Ah ok I was thinking I just had an unlucky streak but I guess I'll just have to live with it until 70. DRK is my favorite tank if I had to play one so Ive been paying attention to them while they do their thing and watching them use defensive CDs and still have trouble, so it makes sense.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow

Shere posted:

I love tanking Susanoo on WAR because every attack of note that he has is physical so Raw Intuition works really well. I've seen more than one bad DRK get pancaked by his cleave because they don't know what mitigates what and they pop their magic cooldown.

I hate tanking Lakshmi and Deltascape for the opposite reason, a lot of things deal magic damage. It's not more difficult for anyone, but being in Defiance ever is a bummer, as good a cooldown as Inner Beast is. I can juggle Vengeance and Rampart usually but sometimes I fall back on Inner Beast/Defiance.

What I'm saying is, my end goal on Warrior is to spend as little time away from Fell Cleave as possible.

Dark mind is good for the orbs, and for ukehi, but generally doesn't make a big difference for the latter because group healing is dropping anyway. Still nice to use if you're MT.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

SonicRulez posted:

I'm actually really interested in more bosses like the first boss of ARF or the last boss of Ala Mhigo. Bosses that are our size rather than giant monsters are a nice change of pace.

Yeah plus adding more animations to the playable race models from bosses can result in more sweet emotes down the line like the new shiva one!

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Ukehi comes every ~65 seconds so you can have Dark Mind up for every one. I also usually Reprisal them. I don't use Dark Mind for the orbs because I drop Darkside for the mana regen during sword phase. I use Grit + Rampart for the orbs.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Jinh posted:

Idk if this is a valid complaint, I've seen the thread argue this before I think, but I think having a difference between physical/magical mitigation is really pointless when a lot of attacks which should be magical are physical and vice versa. Turns it into a memorization wall, sorta like remembering gendered nouns while learning the german language. It's not intuitive and knowing it just results in you embarrassing yourself less.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of it either. Was doing O2S the other night and figured I'd DA-Dark Mind for the tankbuster. It's called Evilsphere, the boss is basically a beholder, all of his attacks are wizard magic (except the earthquakes)....poo poo's gotta be magical, right?

Nope! :gibs:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jinh posted:

Yeah plus adding more animations to the playable race models from bosses can result in more sweet emotes down the line like the new shiva one!

Where is the Shiva one gotten anyway?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Chances either are anniversary event/summer event, cash shop, or contest reward.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Everyone's guesses are way off on the next Omega arc, the game(s) featured will be both Theatrhythm Final Fantasies and feature DDR/rhythm game elements.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
What if we fight versions of ourself?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Warriors of Darkness (Savage)

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mordiceius posted:

brokenknee posted:

Urge to knock over potatoes rising.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mordiceius posted:

I couldn't possibly beat me

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Jinh posted:

It's an antiquated mechanic cut from the same cloth as elemental resistances. They seem to keep it around explicitly to keep Parry from being good, as best as I can figure. All of the good cooldowns in the game are flat damage resistance anyway, so maybe it's an avenue for them to create situational cooldowns, too.

It's not adding much to the game as it stands, and unless they start clearly delineating what is physical or magical damage somehow, it will continue to stick out as contrived and maybe a bit stupid.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mordiceius posted:

This plotline is held in reserve for patch X where X is the last patch before the game sunsets.

and occasionally DRK quests

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Especially considering that it doesn't even tell you what kind of damage it is. I used to use manawall/manaward to figure it out but now they're merged.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Rainuwastaken posted:

What really shocked the Emperor when Elidibus took his mask off: layers of caked-on clown makeup

Unironically, I'm kinda hype for who the gently caress is under the mask. And in before any loving Jojo reference.

Thundarr posted:

and occasionally DRK quests

Frey is still the best job mentor and if you think otherwise I really don't know what you're doing with your life.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

brokenknee posted:

Unironically, I'm kinda hype for who the gently caress is under the mask. And in before any loving Jojo reference.

Frey is still the best job mentor and if you think otherwise I really don't know what you're doing with your life.

Hamon Holyfist. :colbert:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

^^: :argh:

brokenknee posted:

That's a weird way to spell Hamon Holyfist.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

brokenknee posted:

Well, yeah Frey is you after all.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

unseenlibrarian posted:

Everyone's guesses are way off on the next Omega arc, the game(s) featured will be both Theatrhythm Final Fantasies and feature DDR/rhythm game elements.

In the final tier of Omega, Absolute Virtue returns....to challenge us to a dance-off.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Chances either are anniversary event/summer event, cash shop, or contest reward.

Let's be real here, it's gonna be another $100+ statue bonus.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Colgate posted:

Did Qarn and Cutter's Cry. Went fine, even with a mostly-new group in Qarn. Lasers got a little hectic on the last boss though. Cutter's Cry was kind of easy. Question earlier to someone who mentioned it. I didn't realize manually placing Eos did things. What does that do exactly?
Most importantly it stops her from moving constantly if you're moving for something. Eos will prioritize moving over healing so you can drop a lot of healing accidentally if you are a bit schizophrenic with your movements. The fairy is immune to a lot of aoe damage but not everything so you can kind of abuse this with a lot of experience.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Rascyc posted:

Most importantly it stops her from moving constantly if you're moving for something. Eos will prioritize moving over healing so you can drop a lot of healing accidentally if you are a bit schizophrenic with your movements. The fairy is immune to a lot of aoe damage but not everything so you can kind of abuse this with a lot of experience.

Wouldn't this also apply to the Summoner's Pets?

Would that solve the problem of Bahamut moving every 5 seconds?

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Dr Pepper posted:

On summoner I've never really had issues with Garuda repositioning. In fact pre-4.0 I'd have issues with not being able to cast spur/rouse because i was too far from my pet. Bahamut though insists on being glued right on your rear end and will stop doing anything except making sure he was right next to you because he has separation anxiety or something.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Dr Pepper posted:

Yes if we were allowed to give orders to Bahamut. He's his own master though. The pet bar even disappears.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rainuwastaken posted:

Let's be real here, it's gonna be another $100+ statue bonus.

Won't be surprised to see a shiva statue although I think ffxiv isn't one of the summon's best looks personally.

I've got Odin because I went to fanfest and they ran out of lore books after a 4 hour wait in line, so I figured in for a penny in for a pound. On one hand it's embarrassing using the emote because it marks me as a massive nerd, but gently caress it's cool looking so I'm gonna do it constantly anyway.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Every time I think about the next tier of Omega, I'm torn between wanting it to be FFVIII and FFIX

It's gonna be something in the 3-6 range like everything else in the game though

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Glagha posted:

Bahamut though insists on being glued right on your rear end and will stop doing anything except making sure he was right next to you because he has separation anxiety or something.

Considering how much raw aether it takes to assemble Bahamut-egi, he would probably fade away if he strayed too far from you. Something about the connection having to remain incredibly strong just to sustain him for even a limited amount of time, while your standard egis are much easier to maintain. There, boom, bullshitted.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

does the armory bonus effect pvp xp?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I finished the Summoner class story recently and it was actually disappointing. Your 70 skill is summoning demi-bahamut, but the story can't be arsed to make that a plot point. I mean, half of the 50 storyline is trying (and failing) to overcome the 3 egi limit. Nope, Bahamut doesn't have to follow the rules it seems.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Made it to the end of Floor 50 in the PotD last night. A teammate said that unlocks the option to start @ floor 50 going forward; is that true, and if so is it only for the class I got to 50 with (BLM)? Like, can I delete my Floor 30 Rogue and start a different class in that slot right at 50?

Also I don't think I'm even to +30/+30 yet, should I go back through lower levels to grind up equipment a little bit more before venturing deeper?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ghost of Starman posted:

Made it to the end of Floor 50 in the PotD last night. A teammate said that unlocks the option to start @ floor 50 going forward; is that true, and if so is it only for the class I got to 50 with (BLM)? Like, can I delete my Floor 30 Rogue and start a different class in that slot right at 50?

Also I don't think I'm even to +30/+30 yet, should I go back through lower levels to grind up equipment a little bit more before venturing deeper?

It is true and it is for all class and characters. Once you reach 50 you can always start 50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

brokenknee posted:

I'm guessing there are really only two people that get that kind of reaction. Regula or Gaius. They've been doing some perspective tricks with Elidibus, going back through old scenes. He's much taller than you would think, and his arms are quite a bit longer, but concealed under his robes and by a distinctive way he holds his arms up when standing. I'm fairly sure he's wearing someone Garlean. And considering that we never actually MET Elidibus until after the Praetorium.. I'm inclined to suspect that the return of the Black Wolf may be closer than we could've ever imagined.